2,165
Colour: White|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on 4 April 2017
This is an awesome piece of kit. Since buying it, it's replaced my oven by about 70%. I now cook potato waffles, chicken nuggets, warm up bread, crumpets, oven cook ready meals, jacket potatoes - you name it - if it would normally have gone in the oven and I can fit in the airfryer, I've tried it!

The only thing I won't put in are thing that spit - like sausages - to avoid damage to the fan.

It's faster than an oven and it's heats up pretty much instantly. So all I can say is be aware of that and reduce your cooking times by a good few minutes to avoid burning things.

My other half is boring and uses it mostly for chips, but I'm enjoying experimenting with it.

It's easy to clean. It isn't too huge. Don't put it too close to the wall as it kick air out the back of it, and you don't want it overheating.
on 10 July 2015
love my fryer, I've had it just over a week and the chips are wonderful, you don't even have to soak them as instructed, still wonderful, I leave the skin on and sprinkle garlic salt. I've done breaded chicken drumsticks (my recipe) these were fab and I've done chicken nuggets, fish fingers, all cooks really quickly and evenly. I also found it easy to clean after. Looking forward to trying other things. If my kitchen was bigger I would want the bigger version, as I know this is going to be a well used appliance, thrilled to bits!
on 18 August 2015
Love this, my food is cooked quicker and is a lot healthier. I find oven chips come out nice and crispy on the outside but light and fluffy on the inside and I was surprised to find I found it had more flavour. No oil is needed for precooked foods such as oven chips, chicken nuggets, fish fingers as these already have a coating of oil on. I was surprised to find out that cake and lasagne can also be cooked in there. So far I have cooked chips (both oven and deep fat fryer), fish fingers, chicken nuggets, prawn toast, onion rings and garlic mushrooms which have come out perfectly as usually these end up slightly soggy when cooked in an oven. I even cooked chicken breast in there and it came out lovely. It comes with a handy recipe book too. I hardly use my oven anymore
on 19 January 2016
I bought one of these as I have a real demanding job and by the time I get home I'm too shattered to stand over the cooker. This is brilliant. Chips are easy and taste almost the same as fried (depending upon how much oil you use), I've finished jacket potatoes in it, reheated food, cooked frozen. It's used all the time. The best is the timer. I don't have to worry about over cooking, I can shower and get sorted as my dinner is cooking with no worries. So glad I bought this. It doesn't take that much space on my work counter either. This has been a life saver for me.
on 3 December 2016
I am certainly no Super Cook, in fact quite basic. Having only had the air fryer 3 days, I have cooked two meals in it, the first a Lamb Steake, the Steake was superb, really juicy, maybe could have been cooked a little longer as it was on the grey side of pink, second meal was frozen cod and oven chips, a little over cooked as the fish was a bit burnt, the chips were great.
My only grouse is that on first look at the included recipe book, it looks that all you can cook are fish fingers and chips, really need to expand what really can be cooked in the fryer...
on 5 April 2017
It's okay...I cannot say much more than that really. I bought this on sale and I'm glad I didn't pay 200 for it as I'd have been very disappointed. The compartment is tiny and only any good for cooking one portion or maybe two portions of chips. It's essentially like a mini oven and you can cook most things in it if you can fit them! I've done potatoes many times and they're good and quite quick but otherwise not good for much else!
on 4 February 2017
I was dubious about getting an airfryer but was advised this was the best. It is fabulous. I doubted whether you could have a good chip without fat - you can. Fries perfect every time. Ive done sausages, rostis, frozen and fresh chip, wedges and everything has come out great. I would definately recommend. Only slight negative is that it takes about 5 mins longer than stated but that really isnt a problem to get healthier chips. And its so easy to clean! A huge positive.
on 8 June 2016
Can't recommend this item enough. I have used it many times over the last few months, for things like barbecue chicken, southern fried chicken, garlic bread, cheese on toast, oven chips. Very versatile, but it is more the convenience that I like; just insert food and set the timer. So much more efficient than using my oven, chicken is done in half the time. Going to try veg soon.
on 23 March 2017
absolutely love this product. this is actually the 2nd one we have had. the 1st had a accident which meant it was broke. tried going back to a normal oven but its not the same had to get another. we cook a lot of food in this its brilliant everything tastes better and is healthier
on 18 April 2013
After using a conventional chip pan for many years and having to clean up all the mess causing by the oil / fat. we decided to purchase an Oil Free Fryer. We read all the various reviews of the Phillips, Tefal and Breville Fryers. and what each would do.
We purchased the Philips Air Fryer and it seems to be the best choice we could have made. Not only does it do chips but you can use it as a mini oven. We have cooked Battered Prawns, Spring Rolls, Chicken Pieces,Mushrooms and Onion Rings to name a few. All have been cooked to perfection as the heat is circulated all round even underneath. When cooking chips you need to shake once or twice during the cooking time to ensure all are cooked, they my look slightly different but the taste is very good, It takes about 20 minutes to cook chips for 3 people after the chips have been soaked in water for 30 minutes to remove the starch.

When we were purchasing this fryer there were several other Philips Air Fryer models available, but you could not fully understand what the main differences were, it was only after we read the instruction leaflet which told you about the attachments these other models came with and what each model did. You can even bake cakes etc in one model .
My only slight criticism is I have been trying to purchase a trivet to fit inside the cooking basket so as to be able to cook more food without stacking it on each other but without purchasing the model which comes with this trivet I am struggling. to purchase on so I will have to make one myself.

Overall I would recommend this fryer to anyone, its simple to use has no moving parts to break and it gives good results, you can switch it on, them leave it alone, apart from shaking the chips.