Customer reviews

2,259
Philips HD9220/50 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - White
Colour: White|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on 22 November 2017
This is super wonderful, I made the best chips ever from frying packed frozen chips from Tesco. And chicken wings, shrimps are no problem. The only common complaints from my colleagues are the frying net can get some residual like from the chicken wings thus a little hard to clean. I think you will just need to have a brush kind of cleaning tool with warm water to brush through the frying net and it's totally ok.
on 22 November 2017
I’ve gone through two of these and my main complaint is that the mesh basket is VERY hard to clean. You really need to do it every time you use it. Being a lazy so-and-so I let it go three or four times and thus get a build up which I can’t shift. Apart from that I love it and wouldn’t be without it.
on 22 November 2017
Purchased this to replace my actifry as it was on special offer, brilliant far better than the Actifry, chips are browner and take less time to cook, also not so bulky can be kept on Kitchen work surface without looking out of place
on 2 February 2017
Looks great, but before I had even used it, I had it on the counter and pulled the bottom basket out and the base unclipped and fell to the floor broke the front white basket. My fault but a bit of a design error - helpful it didn't have hot fat in ! If anyone know where to replace the front white plasic bit it would be helpful.
on 11 March 2013
Unless you're feeding huge numbers, this could do a lot of the work you get your oven to do, without burning 10p to preheat the cavity.

It's a bit pokey if you're into batch baking but for everyday things - and I'd rather not mention ovenchips - this countertop hot air oven will cut 25% off most cooking times - and, it follows, your electricity bill.

Forget baking off with Mel'n'Sue, just pour yourself a drink, tip the bag into the basket. Turn the dial and pretty soon you'll be eating.

You can cook fresh foods in it, too. They tell me.
on 25 November 2016
Great product
on 8 March 2016
We used it a couple of times to bake chips. However it didn't made crunch chips but just cooked. It does only need a small amount of oil to cook them. I will try to explore a bit more about this fryer in the future with other food. It's very easy to use and can be cleaned in the washing machine.
on 10 September 2014
Really surprised how quick this is. Items are not sitting in fat while cooking. Not using my oven much at all now. Cooks sausages great, no need to turn them, cooks evenly all round. Still experimenting on what I can cook in there.
Only downer is there is not divider to the basket. Would be nice to have one to use when you want.
on 24 July 2017
Perfect and very good quality and much cheaper than the high street.
on 17 March 2013
I bought this after watching Stephen Fry use one on a cookery programme. It does what it says on the tin--fries food with just a drop of oil. I can't eat oven ready chips (heaven knows what they coat them with but they all cause me to have stomach upsets), so this machine was the answer.I also 'fry' other foods eg meat/veg. It's quick and economical, using hardly any power. It's also easy to clean. It makes a bit of a noise when in use but not so much that you can't watch TV and/or listen to the radio at the same time.
Very good product.