Size: Black|Change

on 26 April 2012
I ordered this via Amazon from Swallow Aquatics and have not been disappointed.I did have an initial problem with the pump but contacted Swallow and they sent me a new one within a couple of days.Suffice to say it works fine and my aquarium is nearly complete.It looks fantastic and I am enjoying my new hobby of looking after sub tropical fish which I decided would be easier than tropical,no heating of water etc.I also have the peace of mind that this comes with a 2 year warranty from Swallow.Great product and service,would not hesitate to recommend both seller and product.
55 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2013
It's a very Nice looking fish tank, delivery was fast and everything seems to going great my 2 goldfish are very happy, i'm also really happy about this fish tank. the filter is great clean the water very well and led light makes the tank beautiful as well so overall i give 5* for this great looking fish tank. and also 5* to this seller.
on 27 February 2013
BRILLIANT LOOKING FISH TANK. EXPENSIVE BUT NICE BIT OF KIT. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP LOTS OF FISH THIS TANK IS NOT PRACTICAL BUT IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A TANK TO KEEP SMALL NUMBER OF FISH THIS IS THE ONE.
on 5 March 2014
One - the motor overheats and stops working at the slightest sign of even a bit of debris ... which is quite poor for a filter.

Two - I've only had this for two months and already six of the twenty one LED lights have packed in.

It might look nice, but its performance is very poor.
on 13 June 2015
I really love this aquarium. I bought it from a friend at work and so got it with decorations, fish etc. I have 11 fish in it. I don't know what they all are yet. One is a rainbow shark and I think he is too big for it. I will eventually get another bigger tank and move him and a couple of the others. I think it is fine for neon tetras and danios. Note that the surface area is not huge but the filter seems to be able to introduce enough oxygen to make up for it. We've had this for a few weeks and my friend had it for almost a year. The tank is designed to be kept completely topped up. There is a sort of raised area under the black lid which allows you to keep the tank completely filled. You do get some bubbles but I keep a 5l container of treated water nearby to top it up. I think that the 25w heater is not going to be sufficient in winter because we tend to keep our house at 17-18C and I think that the heater is only going to manage a 6 degree improvement on the ambient temperature.
on 16 September 2014
Bought this as I live in a flat and the missus wanted a small but interesting fish tank. Had this for about eight months now and I am not disappointed, I added a heater Aquael 50w(slightly sideways to fit)as I wanted tropical fish, my Galaxy Rasbora's & red cherry shrimp seem very happy in their surroundings :)
One of the things that appealed to me about this tank was the low noise level, if you fill it above the small opening enough and keep your cleaning in check this will remain quiet tank.
Also on setting up the tank, keep in mind the small opening. If you put a large bit of driftwood or an ornament in it may look nice but it may also hinder the cleaning of gravel or sand in the corners.
The live plants I chose are hardy and the fish/shrimp I chose would not be affected by the small opening as say a air-gulping Betta fish. If you do use this as a Betta tank I recommend a low water flow as the outfall from the pump would batter the wee guy off the side of the tank every time he goes for air, not cool. Also a filter on the intake is a must, I lost one of our Rasboras as it was small enough to get in there(gutted) so I ordered a pack of cheap filters that fit the end of the intake. I had to cut them down to size with scissors as they were far to bulky.

I recommend this tank to anyone as I was new to the whole tropical fish thing, look to the internet/YouTube for all the info you need to make this work for you. Enjoy :D
on 20 October 2015
I do love this fish tank. So easy to assemble and does a really good job as already has its own filter and all you need is air pump, heater and CO2 canister. The only down side to this is the small opening at the top as it is not easy to plant things or do the maintenance as most of the tools don't fit properly.
on 22 March 2016
My Fluval pump ALWAYS stops when I turn off the electric to clean out the tank. But don't despair.....

My trick, that works every time is to get a drinking straw and prod the fins of the motor. Failing that blow through the straw and the motor will start. I don't know why the motor stops but my guess is that it is not very powerful and a little dirt will stop it. By blowing through the straw, you give it the momentum to get going again.
on 5 May 2015
Came nice and quick. Excellent product for a complete novice. Did a bit of research on youtube before hand and two weeks in all fish and plants are doing fine. Really stylish looking too. Highly recomended
on 6 February 2016
It exceeded my expectatations overall my only issue is the opening is small and right at the back of the tank. This means it's a little difficult to maneuver the ornaments etc initially. Overall though I love it.