on 4 November 2012
I have been looking at cases in the shops for my 7 inch tablet, and they were either overpriced, or the quality was poor. Most secure the tablet by covering the edges of the face, which is what I don't want because of the camera.

So I then started searching amazon for 7 inch tablet cases to see other varieties and read reviews for them.

Near the end of my trolling for cases I finally came across this AmazonBasics case and read the reviews.

I read one review that said they would expect to pay much more for this quality. I thought that it wouldn't be low quality, because Amazon has a reputation, and they wouldn't want to tarnish that reputation, so that is also what made me purchase one of these.

And it is just like that reviewer described!

Yes the construction is very good! It may not be real leather (I am not a leather expert), but it does simulate the look and feel of leather as it is also textured like leather.

It is a very durable and rigid cover. The inside is lined with something similar to velvet pile. There are 3 deep ridges to rest the tablet into for the desired angle you want, and they do the job great!

The elastic straps are the kind used in the clothing industry, and they are good quality and very securely sown into the product.

As there are 4 corner elastic straps to secure your tablet into the case, just as other reviewers have said, it is easy to get 3 straps over the corners, but the 4th strap is a little difficult.

I think that this is their intention to make it a tight fit, I would rather call it, a perfect fit. Because my tablet isn't too big...no, my tablet is the right size, and this is designed with the right tolerance for that.

You want it secure! If it was any looser then my tablet would be allowed to move side to side or shift clockwise or counter-clockwise etc.

For my particular tablet, one corner strap does cover the charger connector and power button, but that isn't a problem as I can also charge by the mini usb port as well and I can still press the power button through the strap. Another strap covers the headphone jack, which isn't a big deal for me, it wont be used much and when I do, I can just slide the strap out of the way enough.

It is very professionally styled, and of such a good quality, you should expect to pay more.

Also, mine is impression stamped with the AmazonBasics logo, as I have read some reviewers were not.
One person found this helpful
on 24 June 2012
Bought this for one of the many generic 7" Android tablets (an M009S or some derivative). It just fits, the tablet dimensions are 194x121x10mm, and once restrained by the elastic straps the tablet is very secure. The straps do obscure the headphone and charging sockets slightly, but you can easily push the elastic out of the way enough to plug in a pair of headphones. In use, sometimes one of the elastic straps pops out if headphones are used, but the other three are more than enough to keep the tablet in place, so not a disaster. The case itself is pretty tough looking, and should protect the equipment inside from most bumps and knocks. It's fairly well padded, and stiff too so it's not easy to bend. There is a large elastic strap on the outside to keep the case closed, this also works well.
The best feature is the stand function, there are three ridges inside the case and the main flap which holds the tablet can sit in any of these ridges, allowing the case to be sat on a table, or on a lap, with the tablet angled upwards. This was used to great effect on a recent car journey with one of the kids using the tablet as in-car entertainment!
on 8 January 2014
I am the proud owner of an Onda V719_3G and have been looking for a case to keep it protected for ages, as the Onda ones are out of stock until further notice.
I've spent and wasted a fair few quid on several over the last few months and then, i saw this and thought i'd give it a go.
How amazed i was to discover that not only did it fit the slightly strange shape of my V719 (its quite "widescreen") but the quality and protection for your gadget are outstanding and by far the best of the ones ive wasted my money on to date.
I would have given it 5 stars, if only it was available in other colours.
An absolute bargain! Don't waste your time or money on others. Buy this!
Nice one Amazon Basics!!!
on 21 September 2013
I bought this for my mum's new tablet. It's great for protecting the tablet when not in use and there is even enough room inside to clip in a small stylus pen, keeping everything together. You can hold and operate the tablet by hand whilst in the case or use it free-standing. My only criticism is that the elastic corner holders are really tight (I suppose they have to be) but they make it a little more difficult to fit the tablet in and you have to ensure that the "On" button is kept clear of the elastic so it is not switched on accidently.
on 25 January 2014
Absolutely superb. Great quality, looks far more expensive than it is, perfect fit for the Fire. Easy to use. I noted before I bought it that others had complained about the 'Amazon basics' wording printed on the front, this is impressed into the leather rather than printed, is a very small font size and not at all noticeable, can't see why it would be an issue.
on 7 February 2013
This is the perfect tablet stand/case for me. It plays its 'double role' perfectly; I just always leave my tablet in the case and when I put it in my bag, I fold the case and there's never any damage to it. When I read at the table or check social media or news, I use it as a stand so I don't have to hold it all the time. And when I read my ebooks on the bus, I use it like a book, and it works very well.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and I however it's not meant for my tablet (an Ainol NOVO7 Fire/Flame) it works pretty well with it. The power button would be under one of the straps, so I always just use three straps. This makes the tablet sit just a bit skew, but I don't mind at all. I couldn't imagine a better cover or stand for my tablet.
on 19 January 2014
Excellent product. Bought this to contain my Versus TouchTab7 Dual Core.VERSUS TOUCHTAB 7" DUAL CORE 16GB TABLET ANDROID 4.1 BLUETOOTH. It fits perfectly well and the folio is very well made and very strong. And it's at a good price. (if you've bought an expensive portable item then put it in a strong/durable protective container).

Highly recommend this product.
on 21 September 2013
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" is a bit thicker than the Amazon Kindle. That means that the elastic straps are a bit too short to fasten and hold the tablet.

Otherwise, the cover seems to be well engineered and made of high quality materials.
on 5 April 2013
This product is well made and practical for holding tablets upright.
However be warned if you are purchasing for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0....the strap will impinge on the power button continuously. This will cause the tablet to reboot. Have tried securing the tablet with just three straps but tablet will pop out easily.
This may not have been an issue with the first generation Tab 7.0
One person found this helpful
on 5 February 2013
had t return this product as i found that it didnt fit the kindle fire, not that htere was anything wrong with the product its self.
3 people found this helpful