Style: 24 inch screen|Change

on 20 July 2013
If you are looking to upgrade to a FullHD monitor for the first time, then this monitor will certainly do the trick. It is everything the general user will expect from a 24inch LED monitor. Although, if you are like me (video editor, photoshop enthusiast, photographer and gamer) i find that the monitor is lacking in some aspects.

Pros -

- Very slim
- Small borders around the display
- Buttons are easy to use (actual buttons, I hate touch screen buttons)
- Sleek and subtle design

Cons -

- Back-light bleed in the bottom corners
- No hue controls
- The build quality at the front is lacking. From a high viewing angle I can see the display edges where the plastic inst flush with the display.
- Inputs are horizontal. So when plugging in your cable they will stick out very far.
- No audio output
- Lacking in inputs and outputs

I found that the colors of this monitor where a bit too green compared to my other monitors. To fix this, I changed the RGB values in the monitors menu.
Red: 100, Green: 80, Blue 100.

Taking all of this into consideration, with the price tag it is a great monitor. Although, I personally wished I spent the little extra money to get a slightly better monitor.
review image review image review image
on 11 January 2014
I was considering a smaller one, but this one was the same price and you get more inches for your money, so why not!
I have used Acer monitors before at work and always been happy with them, and I liked how slim this one is, it really is very slim.
It took a while to get set up because the instructions on turning it on are not clear/basically non existant, but once you realise that the on/off switch is the weird clear plastic thing under the name, it turns on and works immediately.
The only niggle is that the buttons underneath for controlling contrast etc aren't very clear/easy to use, but as I have adjusted them once in 3 months of daily use, I don't consider this a problem, and am very happy with the monitor.
I would buy again if I need another monitor.
on 30 April 2012
Being in the technology game means I have to read lots of reviews before I finally make up my mind before purchasing something. I knew my budget was sub £150. I wanted LED as its newer technology and I had to have all the right ports for future compatibility.

When I came across this monitor, I thought hrm.. ACER? , I knew of the brand for computer components, but ACER for Monitors?

Lets see...the specs were ideal:
LED - check
HDMI, VGA, DVI - check
Sub £150 - check

The other reviews on Amazon were positive so I finally took the plunge.

What can I say? the Monitor is superb! My old LCD seems so dim in comparison.
Set up of the monitor take less that 15mins and that includes taking it out of the box and attaching it to the stand (just slots in to the base and a small screw you turn with a coin, locks it in place) Windows 7 automatically detects it so I didn't need to install any drivers.

The monitor itself is ultra thin, very good for smaller desks. Its also very light, so easy to move around

I did have to turn the contrast and brightness down a bit as I found it a bit easier on my eyes. The navigation buttons are a bit fiddly but once you have everything set, there is no need to use them again.

Watching HD videos and playing some fast moving games is a dream. I didn't notice any particular lag / ghosting with the 5ms response times (I am using DVI)

Really satisfied with the purchase and contemplating buying another as they are such excellent value for money.

I may even do a video review!
on 29 January 2014
This Acer monitor is about 10mm thick with a stable base and flicker free viewing. The viewing angle is extremely wide so if you want to sit down on a sofa with your partner and watch streamed movies it's just fine. The controls are hidden under the monitor on the RHS so are a bit tricky to use. Colour rendition is spot on - I checked with standard tests and no calibration was required.

It handles punchy GPU's playing Skyrim or BF3 with ease with a native 1920 x 1080 res.
on 27 February 2016
This monitor has a serious product flaw. It does not wake up from sleep mode! I've just searched the internet and on the ACER community forum there are about 15 or 20 complaints about this. I've wasted my money on this.

VINE VOICEon 4 February 2014
I've had this for 6 months now and love it - having a dual screen set up makes working so much easier. The screen was plug and play and easy to set up. The only problem I had was finding the on switch (a curved transparent plastic bar under the Acer sign on the front). In fact now I've discovered my laptop can run a 2nd external monitor I'm considering buying another Acer.
on 25 April 2012
I bought one of these displays as a second screen to share a desk with a somewhat elderly 22" 1680x1050 LCD. The Acer's performance was sufficiently impressive that two days later I ordered a second one to replace my old display. It's a big (but very neatly styled) product with low power consumption (26.1W) and, to my eyes, a perfect display. As one of the cheapest 24 inch displays with HDMI support I really can't find anything to fault. It certainly exceeded my expectations.
on 13 February 2013
Everything works good. I like the fact that I can turn it a bit up or down.
In terms of what it shows - well I'm not a monitor expert, but black isn`t actually black on this monitor. This is the only thing I don`t actually like. Everything else is great. I use HDMI to connect it and I use it as Full HD (1920x1080), works great.
on 7 April 2017
excellent all-round screen and great value
on 29 April 2014
thin, light weight, good size, good picture quality and easy to set-up... what more can one say! Good make and a good screen