on 2 February 2017
I bought this for my niece as she is always forgetting her phone charger and running low on power when she is out and about. It is a great product and very well packaged. She can carry it in her college bag and charge her phone if she is running out of power. She seems delighted with it and said it is perfect for emergencies etc.
on 16 April 2016
I bought this to supplement a 12,000mAh store-bought powerbank which is built like a brick and weighs a tonne. Over the years I've been more and more weighed down by having that beast in my day-bag, so I got this Anker PowerCore+ mini.

I've an old nexus phone that can easily get to ~30% battery by the end of lunchtime. But with this charger I can quickly top-up the phone's battery and run it for the rest of the day without needing to charge before bedtime.

The PowerCore+'s led light changes colour to show it it's at full, medium or near empty, and is the 'start charging' button when you've connected it to whatever needs a top-up.

It's got a satisfying, rugged finish (although with exposed ports) and a reassuring weight. It has never felt warm while charging or being charged.

Knowing Anker, they've cherry-picked the components to ensure a much safer product than similar generic lipstick chargers. This to me is WILL be worth the tiny extra price.
on 28 March 2017
Now I have used it - brilliant - it charged up my phone in speedy time and is going to be great for holiday trips. UPDATE; After a fantastic ski trip (Andorra - I can highly recommend the place!) this booster charger was very useful - I took photos to my hearts content not worrying about loss of power (apart from my legs!)
Please can you make one for human energy & endurance! If that worked as well as this product I could have carried on skiing long past the end of the day!!!
on 11 March 2017
Review after two months of daily use. Excellent battery pack. Compact in physical size yet good energy density. Charges up quickly, and does seem to charge other products -- iPhone, gps, tablet -- 'intelligently' (i.e. at different rates). Very well made, and quite nice to handle because of it. Holds charge well. Cons? Well, it's compact, so it doesn't hold that much stored charged, but ideal to carry around to get you through a day.
on 29 June 2016
I had reviewed this product as not lasting a long enough time for my needs in a portable charger, however, Anker customer support team swiftly contacted me and gave me a replacement battery free of charge that was better suited to my needs. I have been trialling this new replacement product and I love it. The blue light indicators lets you know when it is fully charged and when it is dropping power so you know exactly when it is due a next charge. It has managed to last me a whole week (if not longer! a week and a half/two weeks) before needing it's next charge. It carries me through my 14 hour work schedule throughout the week and allows me to have a fully charged phone! So happy with this solution and highly recommend anker.
on 25 September 2016
Works as described, bear in mind that for most android users this probably won't charge your phone as fast as some other Quick Charge supported portable battery chargers (including other ones made by Anker) it also is unlikely to charger your phone from 0-100%. iPhone users with smaller batteries and no quick charge support get more value out of this device. If you are a light phone user with little spare carrying space this is probably the best just-in-case battery backup item you could get.
on 13 May 2017
This is a really useful product that has come to my rescue several times while travelling. For £10 plus postage it is good value. I have found it gives me one full charge of my phone (Samsung S6). If you think that you might you might need more than that between stops, it might be going for the next model up. But I have no qualms recommending Anker as a brand for their reliability.
on 2 May 2017
Works as you'd expect, high quality and easy to use.
You'll get about one charge for newer phones. This is perfect as an emergency charger.

Keep in mind to top the battery up as it will discharge over time
on 12 August 2016
I bought one of these back in January. I'd already previously purchased one as gift which is still going strong so thought I'd get one for myself.

Unfortunately it no longer works. It charges up OK - green light showing fully charged. But when I try to use it to charge my phone it flashes red showing it's empty. I've only used it half a dozen times.

I see nowhere where I can contact Anker direct so I guess I'll need to contact Amazon.
on 14 January 2016
Great little gadget, I brought this for use when camping to get that little bit of extra use from my phone when not haveing a mains charger available. It works really well, looks really smart and it's really simple to use. The other bonus is that it is nice and compact, so is great for traveling as it doesn't take up much space. Would recommend it.