on 12 November 2014
I have a lot of fine hair that wants to curl and kink - it's gotten frizzier in middle age. I am hopeless at doing my hair. I've never been good at blow-drying it straight with a dryer and round brush. I use a Babyliss rotating dryer and GHD straighteners and I still never get that sleek look my stylist can get. But, at least my hair will look groomed and nice. If only it will stay that way!

This product has made a huge difference. First, it makes it easier for my hair to straighten - it just behaves better and quicker. Second, it makes my hair look fantastic. It has a gloss to it and feels soft and thick. It doesn't look bushy or frazzled, but it flows over my shoulders and shines like a mink coat. Third, the effects do last. I can go out on a drizzly day and not end up with a wild bush. I haven't gotten truly wet but I can pop to the shop across the street in a fine drizzle and my hair won't go crazy. And it does last three days. I just have to touch up any "bed head" in the morning with my straighteners.

You do have to use it sparingly/carefully. If I get too much on the crown of my head or my fringe, it can look a tiny bit greasy. I concentrate the spritzes on the middle/ends, where there's more damage and then use my hair brush to distribute it throughout the entire head.

The only caveat I have is to reiterate that I am pretty rubbish at styling my hair. If you are used to being able to get your hair mirror-smooth (something my stylist can do but I can't), you may have different results or different expectations. For someone like me (an awful lot of fine, frizzy long hair who is just happy to have soft, straight, flowing locks) it's a really fantastic product.
on 14 July 2012
fast postage, but didnt work in my hair! my hair normally stays straight for about 4 hours, so i thought this would be good! well i thought wrong! it didnt even stay straight for 1 day, let alone 3! really disappointed, wont be buying again.
on 30 April 2012
Really happy with this, finally something that helps keep my fringe straight, my hair likes to curl, and I now have poker straight hair the day I use it, and the two days after I may just need to use straighters for 30 seconds that is all. I am pleased I got this on subscribe and save.
on 9 October 2012
Firstly I never write reviews but this product has blown me away! It arrived yesterday and i used it for the first time today. I have got very very thick coarse frizzy hair. I usually use a handful of Aussie serum to blow dry it and then add a smidge of Frizz eaase serum to each length before strightening it with GHDs. This is fairly successful although walking in any sort of humidity causes it to rebel despite the products and the fact that there is a layer of product on my hair makes my colour (I have been grey since age 25) look a bit brash and artificial. I applied about 12 sprays of this new frizz ease product today and was very dubious i can tell you. It felt as though there was nothing on my hair and the blow drying was less than convincing with the result being about as poor as if I'd applied no product atall. HOWEVER as soon as I straightened it the effect was amazing. I have had my hair chmically straightened in the past and it was the same as this. It knocked all the volumne out of it allowing it to fall straight and natural and yet it feels like my own hair for the first time in years as there is no evidence of product weighing it down. I even walked the dogs and it stayed straight. Don't know if it will last three days but who cares! Excellent product, thank you John Frieda, wish you'd been around 30 years ago and I might have avoided all the terrible perms I resorted to to try and control my locks!!

P.S I've now put this on subscribe and save!
on 17 March 2015
I use this product every second day as it keeps my naturally wavy hair nice and smooth when I use my straighteners. I find it doesn't coat my hair some other products do and it is really effective, especially when combined with the same range shampoo and conditioner.
on 7 July 2016
I really like this. I have fine, very curly and frizzy hair, past shoulder length. This spray comes out like a thin liquid. It seems to work in helping my hair straighten with straighteners and leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny. I have tried cream straightening treatment and they have always left my hair feeling like there is a lot of product in my hair and quite stiff, turning greasy very quickly. This doesn't do that. It seems perfect for my hair.
on 13 April 2013
Really good product but I did have some difficulty finding the right amount of application, where it is effective but not too much. Still need gel when it's very humid but it is a good foundation product for frizzy hair. Fantastic value, it is very cheap.
on 15 June 2016
People who are saying 'doesn't keep my hair straight..' It's just a spray which helps reduce frizz to give this straight look. You spray all over the hair, comb through then blow dry straight (pointing the hairdryer down to close the cuticles) always section off the hair. So far it has helped me, normally after I've straightened my hair frizzy bits seems to appear, by using this it has helped keep those frizzy bits down for much longer. you can't expect a spray to keep your hair perfectly airbrushed straight for 3 days, get real guys. It just helps smooth and keep those awkward kinks/frizziness away for a little longer than without using it. I'd give it 8/10, I would defiantly buy again.
on 31 May 2014
I used to use the frizz ease serum in the orange bottle but Amazon stopped doing it and everywhere that did do it was more than I wanted to pay.
Anyway, long and short of it is that this is brilliant and my hair hair feels and looks lovely and smooth. I'm not sure why some are saying it makes their hair brittle as mine feels beautifully soft but then I hardly ever use straighteners on my hair.
Plus it's very reasonably priced.
on 18 March 2013
The good news: it will help you style your hair super straight!!! When you're done with your blow dryer or the straighteners you will definitely go WOW!!!
The bad news: it won't last for 3 days. It will last for one or two, depending on the humidity or your activities but that's all. After that, your hair will react as it would if you had used any other problem, perhaps even worse.
The conclusion: if you want to make an appearance with super straight hair, use it. But make sure to straighten your hair in the same day and don't expect too much after that. I am planning to continue using this product, but not everytime I straighten my hair.