on 30 March 2012
I bought this for use with a Navman Mio in a Hyundai ix20. Like most MPVs the windsreen is so far from you that you that it's a struggle to properly see a satnav suckered to it. I had my doubts as to whether the mount would stay put on the 'textured' surface of the dashboard. I've tried to provoke the satnav and mount into moving by cornering and braking more roughly than usual. I thought a very uneven railway crossing on a sharp corner would certainly catch it out. It never moved. Works for me.
on 29 February 2012
This product does what it says on the tin , and at just over £10.00 is £14.00 cheaper than what is sold in halfords , i use this every day and it has never fallen off my dash buy today with confidence , , i have a ford c max
on 6 February 2012
works perfectly as it says on the tin. Doesn't move at all and no vibration. if you have a wide sat nav this product gives you space to position it without it sitting on the raised weights.
on 13 November 2012
I was sceptical but gave this a go due to the good reviews. My Tomtom Start 25 attached easily and securely and there is plenty of scope to get the device into a good position. I tried the mount in an Audi A4 and a Mini Cooper, both of which have sloping dashboards, and was surprised at just how well the mount stayed in position, even under enthusiastic cornering/braking! So much nicer to have the sat nav on the dash, especially in the Mini where it felt like it took up half the windscreen! Very pleased so far.
review image review image
on 30 December 2011
Excellent for all our vehicles.Can be placed anywhere on the dash board or other surface where it sits without moving.
on 15 May 2012
My first satnav for my new car in UK.. I did not want any sticky marks on my windscreen and hence ordered this one after reading mixed but mostly positive reviews.

I was very disappointed as satnnav was falling off every time I used to accelearte or apply the breaks. I thought I would put my satnav old school way on the windscreen where it used to stick perfectly so there was no issue with the part that creates vaccum and there was something to do with the base of this mount.

I called up the seller and they promptly agreed to return n refund; apart from that they gave me an option of sending another piece and requested me to try one more time and if still did not work they would refund the money. FREE RETURN was a bonus too.

Since I have received the new piece which exactly looks the same, it is working perfectly fine and the mount just sticks to the dashboard.

I am a happy customer with no marks on my car's windscreen.
on 17 April 2012
I found this beanbag to be a marvel, I can place the sat-nav where I want it keeping the windscreen unobstructed. It stays put on my dashboard that is far from flat or level. Ideally this item should be included with the sat-nav kit so there is no need to stick them to the screen. I can recommend this, all that have seen mine are interested or have ordered one.
on 27 June 2012
Received the product today and immediately encountered my first problem. I have a TomTom Start 25 and no matter what I did, I could not make the suction cup adhere to the central plate of the bean bag. However I hope I have overcome this by sticking a TomTom self adhesive dashboard disc over the top of the plate. Apart from this it seems to be generally stable, but then it does help that my car has a slight well on the top surface of the dashboard where the bean bag can lay.
on 17 April 2012
What a fantastic product, we used one similar to this in USA a couple of years ago and were really impressed then. Since then we've had several GPS holders snap or break on us taking them on and off the window of the car. When I saw this I knew it was a great gift for my husbands birthday. We have an uneven dashboard so this with its three bags was just right you sit it down on your dashboard and it never moves when you park up you just pick up the whole unit and store it away. My husband also says its a better viewing position for him as you don't have to look up to see the GPS on the window and can position it over the middle console just to the left of his view or right depending on your preference and glance at it.

Definietly one I would recommend to anyone
on 15 October 2012
Mounting a TomTom on the windscreen is always a bit fiddly, and also I need mine to be a little closer in order to read the smaller numbers clearly through the distance part of my bifocals. The dashboard mounting options come down to a beanbag or an adhesive plate. I quickly decided against the plate because it has to stay attached when the satnav is not in use and because it requires a flat surface, meaning it would be too far away in my car. So a beanbag it was.

I chose this one because the Amazon reviews suggested it was the best combination of stability, versatility, and price. And so it proved. The weight and the grippy base ensure that the mount stays put through the friskiest driving; even Lewis Hamilton would have trouble dislodging it, and a satnav might help him stay on course. The 3-section design looks curious until you want to position your satnav on the very edge of a curved dashboard, when it's a simple matter of dangling one of the sections over the edge.

It's a bit of a lump but a practical one, and I would recommend it to anyone whose satnav can be mounted horizontally.