on 18 June 2013
I bought these straighteners around march time and I have been using them with no problem for around 3 months now, these straighteners have been well looked after and had no obvious signs of damage or wear.
This morning out of NOWHERE - whilst doing my hair, I heard ELECTRIC sparking, i immediately pulled them away from my hair and noticed where the wire joins the straighteners had caught on FIRE and had burnt the whole entirety of the rubber casing away causing the electric wire to be EXPOSED.
I immediately unplugged them and attempted to blow out the small fire then tossed them outside to ensure they were not going to spark/light up again.

Honestly, such a terribly made product. I read up on other reviews/ other website product reviews and realized I am not the only one that this has happened to. This could have caused a house fire, don't take the risk!!!!!!

p.s - This could not have been fuse related, etc.
- I would have written/called the Babyliss manufacturers but unfortunately for me I didn't keep any of the packaging/ the guarantee. They cannot give out a refund/exchange without.
on 4 September 2013
Purchased these to improve manageability of my hairstyle, primarily for keeping my short pixie cut tidy while it grows longer. These mini straighteners are great for the job & avoid a lot of 'bad hair days'. Fast heating up, there is no heat-resistant mat included which is a shame, but I use an old mat from a previous set of straighteners for safety while they cool down after use.
on 18 April 2013
This is the second pair of the 'nano' straighteners I have purchased. Very pleased with the item & the price paid.
on 21 July 2013
These are a great small pair of straighteners heat up quickly , ideal for short fine hair like mine
Will be great for packing in a suitcase or for using in a caravan.
Delighted with my purchase .
on 12 December 2013
Very slow to heat up. Takes several minutes a lot of the time to heat up. With the first pair of these I had, borrowed from a friend, the cable set on fire at the joint between the cable and straightener. I'd had them for a year though by this stage, so maybe it's worth the under £15 price, but for safety? Definitely not. So buying these to replace my friend's old ones, not to use - bought Wahl ZX731 which are far better in my opinion.
on 1 June 2014
Having always been a fan of GHD straighteners, I never really believed any other brands would be up to the job. But I was planning a trip to the US and my old GHDs weren't dual voltage so I opted for these. They're pretty good value, they're ceramic and compact. I have short, fairly fine hair with a slightly longer sweeping fringe (just over my eyes) and need more than a hairdryer to straighten my fringe completely as sadly I'm not blessed with straight hair. For this they are perfect. I can't comment on how effective they'd be on longer, thicker hair (wouldn't probably be up to the job), but for me they do what I need. The only slight downside is that they do get very hot on the outside and if you're not careful I could imagine they would singe your hair (I literally run them through my fringe quickly and I don't squeeze them too hard in order to avoid damaging my hair).
on 10 February 2013
I love Babyliss products and this is an ideal travel partner. I do not have long hair otherwise it would not be too helpful. Perfect for a quick hair do. It's okay, not brilliant but sufficient. For the size and price it is worth it.
on 17 July 2014
These are great especially for my fringe and getting out the kinks if I have had my hair tied up. They are well made, last a long time and are reliable (only had to replace them as my husband left them on for 4days - no fires but just to be on the safe side). Heat is hot enough for the curliest most stubborn of hair - also good for holidays where you can control the frizz but could take a while if trying to do a full head of hair! It's worth getting the heat mat for them to rest on too and they come in a variety of colours.
on 18 January 2013
bought these for my son who hates his curly hair and does the trick perfectly well. For such a tiny thing they are great.
on 1 February 2013
Lovely little item, fits in your handbag, heats up quickly, if you've got short hair it will do the lot, probably not that good if your hair is longer but excellent for a tidy up on the move.