on 30 April 2014
I bought this keyboard because I was looking for a wireless option for my office setup. Currently I'm using the full size Apple keyboard, which I love, but it's got this cord draped all around my desk, which I hate. I'm on a mission to hide all cables or replace them with wireless. I've used Anker products in the past and got great results, so I figured I'd take the plunge.

PROS:
Let's not beat around the bush here, this is a knock off of the Apple bluetooth keyboard, and in that sense it's a pretty good replica. The size is slightly smaller but not noticeable. Also they got they key layout right, from more than 3 feet away the average passer by wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They keys are all in the same place and to type on, it's really not that bad. However this is where benefits end.

CONS:
It feels cheap. It's hard to describe but we all know it when we're holding something. It's light and plasticy, the keys rattle a little when you handle it. You get some of that rattle when you type, not too terrible but it is noticeable. The deal breaker for me was connection issues. From what I read it's a fairly common issue when using it with a MacBook Pro. I don't know if it's a battery saving option or a glitch, but after a few minutes of not being used it disconnects. As soon as you start typing it reconnects fairly quickly, but I type a lot, I'm actually an IT professional, and nothing is more frustrating then making a write up or trying to troubleshoot an issue when you have to "tap tap tap" on the keys each time to wake it up.

SUMMARY:
I bought this on the strength of it's good reviews so there are obviously success stories out there. However I can tell you if you're buying this for a MacBook Pro, you will be disappointed. Also I felt cramped on the smaller keyboard. I think even with an official Apple keyboard I would miss the functionality you give up by going to a compact keyboard. I've used the Apple bluetooth model and it felt solid, the keys were tight, and there were no connection issues. My final advice would be, if you're buying this keyboard to work on more than a few hours a day buy the official Apple keyboard. Now if you just need this to travel with or light word processing it's a great value instead of spending four times as much on the official version.

If you found this review helpful please please click the "Yes" button below.
on 25 April 2013
The keyboard is very nice and probably perfect if you have an iPad, however I have a Samsung tablet and found that very few of the function keys worked with my device. I have returned it and purchased an almost identical product but which has been specifically configured for Android devices.
55 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2013
Brilliant keyboard, lovely to use and such excellent quality for the price! Arrived two days earlier than scheduled too - don't waste money on apple keyboard. Tip...the £ sign is shift 3 (#)!
on 5 February 2013
O.k so im new to mac and bought a mac mini. i bought this keyboard as apples 57 odd pound one is a little expensive (albeit very sexy). its great as it looks works and i assume feels like the official keyboard. i do however have 1 minor issue.
I brought this from the UK site and noticed whilst giving it a little spin on pages, there is no british pound sign, just $. this is not a massive issue as i am sure you could insert one from the symbols selection but its a little bit of a pain to do it that way.
secondly, i have just noticed it says it is not compatible with the mac mini on its description ..... well either somethings going to go wrong with my keyboard or iv got a one off as it seems to be working perfectly fine (at the moment) on mine.

so over all its a good keyboard and since its bluetooth i can connect it to any other devices where i may need a keyboard.

EDIT: i found the POUND SIGN!!
whilst holding the shift key and tapping 3 button, i wanted the hash tag(#) it came up with this...£££££££££££££ :)
to get # you have to hold the alt/option key and 3.
55 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2013
Good little bluetooth keyboard. Bought to to use with the iPad. Cheapish copy of an Apple one (plastic, not aluminium) but works very well and slips into my bag with the iPad. Almost no weight.

EDIT> Within a couple of months (not excessive use) the keys started falling off. Should have guessed, really. You get what you pay for. Unless it's for *occasional* use, I would avoid.

SECOND EDIT> The company customer help desk could not have been more helpful. They picked up on my negative feedback, contacted me independently, issued a replacement keyboard and checked (twice) that it had arrived (it did) and was working (it does). I am grateful to them - let's see if this one lasts a bit longer. (I have upgraded from 2 to 4 stars)
on 27 December 2012
For the price, this seems a rather good keyboard. I've not put it to daily use yet, but testing it out it seems to work fine.

A few questions that I was wondering about before buying and now have answers to:

1) It does have a standard American/British (I suppose) keyboard layout, but the keys will respond to whichever language you have set your Ipad to. Thus I had no problems with typing non-latin characters such as Æ,Ø,Å,Ö and Ä - the keyboard will simply behave like a standard keyboard in whatever language you choose. This does require you to know the layout of your chosen keyboard by heart, but since I bought it because I was frustrated with not being able to touchtype on the Ipad, that is hardly a problem for me. There are a few ideosyncracies; for example, I have yet to discover '@' - but I think that is due to the original Apple mapping of the keys in the Danish layout. (And it's not that much of a problem, since you can always make the screen keyboard appear on the ipad , if you need any odd character that you've forgotten the placing of).

2) Some people complain about the Apple original keyboard that it has a tendency to turn itself on, when carried around in a bag. I doubt that this one would do it; the on/off switch is rather tight, and could not be turned on accidentally.

3) I needed a sleeve for the keyboard, but found it hard to know if any of the sleeves on offer would actually fit this keyboard (since they all claim to fit the Apple original keyboards). I ordered the "Adore June Keeb sleeve" and it fits tightly.
on 4 September 2013
Trying out my new Anker K1280C Bluetooth keyboard.
Connection easy, follow simple instructions.
Enter/Return key is a bit small - looks like all the other keys.
Can control brightness, volume and music track play/pause, next/previous as well.
Best of all, the four arrow keys allow you to navigate through text as you never can with the iPad virtual keyboard - HEAVEN!! Use left/right+Alt to move one word at a time.
Arrow key+Shift selects text, left/right one letter at a time, up/down one line at a time. Left/right key+Shift+Alt selects one word at a time.
The following symbols are available using the Alt key, starting at Q. The 2nd row is Shift+Alt (or Caps Lock+Alt):
œ ∑ ' ® † ¥ ¨ ^ ø π “ ‘ « å ß ∂ ƒ © ˙ ∆ ˚ ¬ … æ Ω ≈ ç √ ∫ ~ µ ≤ ≥ ÷
Œ „ ‰ Â Ê Á Ë È Ø ∏ “ ‘ « Å Í Î Ï Ì Ó Ô  Ò … Æ Û Ù Ç ◊ ı ˆ ˜ ≤ ≥ ÷
And using the number keys with Alt, then Shift+Alt:
` ¡ € # ¢ ∞ § ¶ • ª º – ≠
Ÿ ⁄ ™ ‹ › fi fl ‡ ° · ‚ — ±
£ is Shift+3, as on a proper UK keyboard. The 3 key is labelled with a #, but the driver is obviously for the UK, and # is produced using Alt+3. So the 3 key should really show a £ sign instead of a #, but for £17.99 I suppose they can't make custom keys for every country!
Incidentally, € is Alt+2.
Proper degrees symbol (23ºC) is Alt-0 (that's zero). Brilliant.
Tab works forwards only - no Shift-Tab option, but Delete steps back through tabs, deleting as it goes.
Accented letters: ç is Alt+C, and é is Alt+E then E alone, (ü same method). Grave accent à, è, ò, ù, is Alt+` (key to left of 1) then letter alone.
Just buy it. Great size, build and appearance, pretty good touch, many useful features, and CHEAP! Also good support from maker.
Apple could learn from this - their magnifying glass editor on the iPad is pathetically slow and awkward to use, and very limited. Just a sad gimmick.
on 6 September 2012
I bought this keyboard to use it with my newly purchased Nexus 7. I find it very easy to use and setup.The size of the keyboard is excellent for the purpose as it can be used without any issues by people with large hands (like myself).It is Bluetooth version 3.0 and will work with my Nexus like a charm.Highly recommended.Anker is a well reputation company which i prefer for batteries replacements for my SGSII and HTC EVO 3d.

Same day update (after the first 5 hours of use)

I find it difficult to keep the keyboard connected to the tablet.Even if it appears connected there is no response and i need to reconnect it again in order for it to start working.I will try some things but i see probably that there is an issue with the specific keyboard.
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2012
I am writing this review from this keyboard and it is a joy to use, it is very responsive and was very easy to set up. It looks just like an Apple keyboard but for so much less. Delivery was great and fast from the seller. The keyboard is a different layout than i am used to but im sure i will get used to it.
I paired mine to my iPad 3 and all of the ipad controls at the top of the keyboard work great, i could not ask for any more from this product.
on 1 January 2013
I didn't realise you could buy a keyboard for a Mac from anyone else than Apple at Apple prices. I actually nearly didn't buy this, because it was so cheap. It has been great. My Mac Mini sometimes feigns not to recognise it at start up, but it did that with my Apple keyboard. A few seconds and that is ok - the bluetooth lights up on start up which is handy. The caps lock does not have a light, which I would have liked. The keys are very responsive and as per Mac. The keyboard is super light - lighter than the Mac keyboard and fewer batteries.
I only write reviews when I really like a product. This came at speed, which got me out of a hole, as my Mac keyboard couldn't be repaired. Fortunately the shop I went to for help told me about this option.