Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 28 September 2011
After their hugely popular initial album Invincible and TSFH composer Thomas Bergersen's solo effort Illusions, Archangel is the latest album by Two Steps From Hell. Following very much the same formula as their previous albums, this is once again full of epic orchestral and choral music.

I won't go into a track by track analysis of the album because of the huge number of tracks present, and also because each track is self contained opinion will vary considerably about what tracks you like best. That said, there were several standout tracks that deserve mention. Firstly, is track 2, "Archangel", which is probably my favourite track on the album. Frantic strings, awesome percussion and just after the half way mark is a brilliant solo female vocalist and a choir for extra punch, this is what makes Two Steps From Hell so good. Track 7, "Nero" contains some fantastic writing for piano and strings. Track 15, "Dragon Rider" sounds similar to the theme written by Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell in "Escape from the Dragon" from Shrek, and I rather liked it. The final track Friendship to Last ends on a more tranquil note, with a good female soloist and a rousing melody to finish off the album.

The album duration is just over 70 minutes, and contains a massive 26 tracks. That's a lot of music for your money and there is certainly more than enough to justify the purchase.

I do think that Two Steps From Hell are probably the best group of composers of producing short epic trailer music style tracks. I don't think this album beats Invincible and Illusions in terms of quality, but it is a worthy equal, and anyone who likes these previous albums should not be without Archangel in their collection!
on 21 December 2011
Wow - if you like huge orchestral, epic cinematic soundtracks you have gotta hear this...the sheer power and emotive force of all of these tracks is just jaw-dropping. I found myself being totally immersed from the beauty and the adrenaline inducing strength of this album. Massive layered strings, haunting choirs, thunderous percussion, dancing piano, even the odd distorted guitar. It's all here in epic proportions. Truly amazing!
on 19 October 2011
If you have never heard of Two Steps from Hell TSFH )chances are you have heard their music and never realised. You may have heard it watching X-factor or Top Gear or countless other tv shows, or watching a movie trailer at the pictures, thats what they do, they litteraly make music for trailers and shows. beacause of this the music is exciting, Epic, sometimes haunting. I discovered them a couple of years ago after watching a computer game trailer and thought " wow that music was awsome " straight away i bought their album invicible and loved it, now they have released Archangel and its even better, there is not a a bad track on this album and at 26 tracks and a total of 72 minuits playing time its an absolute bargain.
on 26 June 2015
Great album, worth getting if you like soundtracks, because this, and there other albums are the best soundtrack music you can get in my opinion.
Other soundtracks of classical/adventure style, just pale in comparison. Not sure if this is as good as their others, but its probably as good and perhaps better than Invincible.
on 1 January 2015
This is a must cd for any anybody who wants a real diversity of film music.. There's a bit of everything in here. Got Invincible last year,, that was my 1st TSFH cd, I liked it.. BUT THIS is a real treat. Great tracks, over 70mins of awesomeness.. Put it on and crank up the volume. Two Steps From Hell . Fab
on 25 February 2012
All the tracks on the album are good. They are also, more or less, all relentlessly dramatic, exciting and epic. I like that. Unfortunately when you listen to them all together they start to blur together into one fast tempo thundering, but ultimately bland experience. The album really is a case study for the need for some calmer music (which normally annoys me about albums like this, but I stand converted. With this in mind I'd heartily recommend the album, but listen to it in dribs and drabs, or your first listening might be a loud disappointment. Its all great stuff, its just that there doesn't seem to be a dynamic between the tracks. But the tunes are all good, and that's the main thing

B
on 29 September 2012
I stumbled across this music on youtube & thought it'd be pretty good workout music & nice change from the normal rock i listen to. I found its right up my street because they work the electric guitar into the epic classical sounds very nicely.

I was right, it gets you totally pumped! I also recommended it to a friend who took it to the gym on his mp3 & he described it as like running into battle while on the treadmill.

I wouldn't recommend listening to it in the car coz once you get into the music you'll no doubt be breaking the speed limit!

So for me it was an excelent buy, i'm totally into it & it complements my taste im music very nicely. I intend to buy the 'Immortal' album also.

I ordered it from a supplier in the states coz it was cheaper & although I was quoted 28 day for delivery it came in about a week & a half so I was very happy.

So go on, buy it, you know you want to!
on 31 December 2013
I already have "Invincible" and decided to buy another album from these performers. All I can say is that I wish they would come to the UK. If you like rousing classical style music with a modern twist this is for you. Some of the choral tracks are exceptional and I have heard some being used in tv advertising to great effect. You need to play the cd very loudly though to get the full effect. If you live in a detached property in the middle of nowhere ... so much the better.
on 17 April 2012
Buying this was a real long shot and not normally something I'd give a second glance to.
Am I glad I did!!
I suppose it's classical but it is little hard to categorize it. There is a "rock" feel to it.
Powerful - often explosive this is absolutely Wagnerian in its presentation.
Intense "orchestrations" - big choral voices, it has a breathless nature.
It sounds a bit silly, but I'm not sure whether it is a real orchestra at times but who cares, it has the most amazing grandeur.
The soundtrack to all epics because it has such an epic presence. Powerful (yes, I'll use that word again) percussive elements and thunderous crescendos run throughout this set and rarely lets up!
The (most of the) other reviewers are not wrong - this is quite something.
I know nothing about these guys and I am still discovering this wonderful recording.
I'll say one thing - it is more "Terminator" than "Emma"!!! Not one for a quiet evening in!
Phew!
on 9 August 2013
I love these guys, I have 3 of their albums now, and I was a bit worried that all their tunes would start to sound the same, and whilst most of them are similar to each other, there is always something that makes it different in its own way. I love listening to this music whilst in the office, it really helps me concentrate, and also when I'm on my bike rides, it's a great sound to have in your ears to spur you on.