Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 12 October 2013
I had engine light come on , suspected it to be the EGR as on a previous mk3 ?

Took a punt on this little device , plugged it in , device powered up , then set ignition to II , no need to start the engine , you must turn on the dash though !! Then set to scan , 1 code came up , sure enough it was the EGR , cleared the code as I know it's nothing to worry about , though will probably come back in a few weeks ?

Important point ! Don't connect or disconnect while the ignition is on or set to II !!

For the device to link with your car the dash must be powered up , otherwise it will say error unable to connect !

Hope this is useful as most reviews just say it works great or it's rubbish ?
on 24 July 2013
I bought this item quite tentatively, not really expecting it to read many codes. I had read some feedback about the product, some of which suggested that it found no codes even when the ECU light was on. I had just spent £42 getting my local garage to spend five minutes producing a printout of stored codes, which were mostly to do with wheel speed sensors (ABS/ESP). They reset the system for me but later that same day, the light was on again. Obviously I didn't want to keep spending £42 but at the same time I was certain this device would not identify problems with ABS/ESP. In the end, I gambled a mere £12.50 and bought the device. It arrived in no time at all and, yes, it identified problems with my front two wheel speed sensors, as well as a lean fuel mixture. I've only had it a couple of days and so far I'm really very pleased with it. Recommended!
on 19 July 2013
Bought this as I am frustrated by error codes on cars and needing to pay £40 for someone else to plug in a similar scanner. It works fine with my A class Merc. I expect to get a lot of requestes from family and friends to borrow this.
on 15 March 2013
A must-have for d-i-y mechanics to repair electrical faults on modern cars or for checking the nature of a fault which can be over-diagnosed by a garage 'looking for business'. This machine displays the faults it detects so that even an amateur can more easily manage a repair. My machine simply displayed "misfire on cylinder 1" fault to enable me to change my own spark plugs and high voltage lead to cylinder one. The repair was easy to complete. I was confident about its instant success and the machine paid for itself on its first task.. It is so simple to use that I quickly run a diagnostic check on a weekly basis.
on 29 April 2012
"arrived on time , good instructions , on screen fault codes and meanings , used on peugeot 307 sw estate had engine management light on , rectifed problem and engine light with this tool save me £700 {that is what the dealers was charging} , very happy with purchase and supplier
on 18 April 2012
Brilliant fault code reader. Does everything it needs to, and could save a fortune on garage bills if you are prepared to get your hands dirty.
on 24 July 2013
Excellent product, fanatstic price, really fast delivery.
Cleared my fault no problems, sailed through the M.O.T.
I'm very happy with my purchase! 10 out of 10.
on 8 July 2013
I was quoted £85 to hook my 2004 Citroen C5 to a diagnostic machine, so I thought I'd give this a go. Not only did it give me a fault code but it also gave a brief description of the fault. Once the fault was fixed I used this again to clear the fault codes.
Well worth the money!! Also tested it on the Citroen Berlingo estate (2010) and a Ford Focus diesel (2003) worked well on both,
on 27 December 2014
Amazing product. I was almost put off by the low cost but all of the other reviews gave me confidence. Saved loads of time diagnosing a broken throttle position sensor on my Jeep Cherokee Limited 4.0L. Also revealed that there is nothing wrong with my Smax. Which is reassuring. Cant wait to diagnose more faults.
review image
on 8 December 2011
I had an engine warning light on my wife's car and found a recomendation for this product on an American website, so for 35 quid I took the plunge.

In the meantime I had been to the main dealer and paid £55 for a diagnosis, I then received this product and hooked it up and it gave me the exact same error codes and with a quick visit to <...> and found exactly the same diagnosis. So, and hopefully this won't be the case, it will more than pay for itself at the next use!

The only problem is all the blokes in the office know I have it and want to borrow it!

I would strongly recommend.