Size: 10x26|Change

on 22 May 2015
Snazzy little binoculars. Pretty decent for the price of 100. I'm used to my dads Carl Zeiss 10x50 monsters, which whilst they are great, they are very heavy and so uncomfortable to use in the hand.

These things are very compact and light and give a lovely image in day light, yet still do reasonably well when it gets darker.

I've had to leave them out of their case though as the rubber eye cups keep getting warped due to it being such a tight fit.

Pretty nice to look at too, imo.

Remember, there are 10x and 8 x magnification versions of these. If you have steady hands or don't mind a little wobble with what you're seeing, the 10x are great. If you aren't that steady and can't stand not having a perfectly still image, look to the 8x.
The Good:

These are very comfortable on the eyes as the soft rubber eye-pieces are done very well. You can focus them rapidly with relative ease. They are light weight. The clarity on use is really superb. Overall these binocular are top quality with great optics which are keenly priced price.

The Bad:

Here in is the let-down, the supplied carry case is too small and bends the eye-pieces if you use it - considering the attention to detail made by the manufacture, this is an unpleasant surprise, hence one star off.
on 26 May 2016
Binoculars, I find, either large or small are an extremely personal choice; when it comes to buying them look out (excuse the pun) but there are so many people reviewing them you tend to get very lost, very quickly as to what you actually want.
I would just like to give you a very honest opinion of these rather excellent binoculars (already a slight bias you notice! - oh well carry on). I have bought many pairs of optics in my day - lost many - worn them out - drowned/melted/had run over/stolen etc etc and one thing I have always noticed is - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...
I loathe reviews that begin with 'I received these items/had massive discount - and in no way would this sway my opinion of (insert item here)' Yeah really and the moon is made of cheese/cheques in the post. So please accept my review as it is intended - with honesty.
I was looking for some small binoculars to use outdoors and to improve my older eyesight - lots of cheaper variations were available but I somehow convinced myself to go for the slightly more expensive Steiner variation and boy am I glad I did.
The item arrived very quickly (thank you Amazon) and straight away on unboxing the binoculars you are met with an excellent carrying case - sturdy and having a good quality zip, easy to open and protect your valuable item. Great I thought, then I opened the inner plastic bag and was delighted with the instant quality of this little item; the grips are great without being intrusive and really allow you to hold the binoculars steady, which for such a small pair is absolutely paramount. Then I looked through the eye -pieces for the first time....
Do you remember old televisions? Now when you look at modern flat screens with super digital ultra high definition - do you laugh at what rubbish we used to put up with - and paid through the nose for!! Well, buy a pair of Steiner binoculars and you're going to have the same sort of reaction. The image is crystal clear, no fuzzy edges, blurring or colour variation - and to focus is a doddle with the centre wheel.The eye-sheilds are a great idea and really work well - everything was turning out to be rather an excellent buy!
I decided to take the dogs out and have a try of the new little beast. I live in the countryside, lots to see, but I was truly 'gob-smacked' with delight as to how these binoculars performed - for birds, animals even trees (yes I know they're not that fast but what lives in them is - smarty pants!!) Everything was gloriously in clean, clear focus and easy to follow - unlike an episode of Murder She Wrote.
I have had these little gems for a couple of months now and you would seriously have to pry them from me as these are such excellent items to carry with you - light and easily packed - but quality, quality, QUALITY.
I've bored you for long enough now - simply if you are looking for great quality binoculars that are small enough for your jacket pocket and will give you endless enjoyment - swallow hard, bite the bullet, pay the extra and treat yourself or a loved one to a pair - then sit back and be completely smug and self satisfied for months, that you have invested in some real quality and the others you saw on-line at £9.99 are truly rubbish; despite the reviews from the person who received them for free and then review!

No bogus reviewers were harmed during the production of this article - shame really.....
on 25 March 2015
Great quality from such a compact pair of binoculars. I was surprised at how small they were - can fit in jacket pocket - and amazed at their clarity and ease of focus. I have others which have the same specification but much bigger and heavier and cumbersome to focus and are nowhere near as good. The area of focus seems to be brightly lit . These are good binoculars, light sturdy and practical.
on 18 December 2012
I bought these binoculars for a safari holiday after being recommended them by my sister who has the same model. They arrived very quickly and were just what I needed for our holiday. I was able to spot and view far away animals very easily and clearly and their light weight meant I could hang them round my neck all day without aches and pains. As they are so compact I know I will take them out and about with me in the countryside now I'm back home. Also, the fold back eye cups make them the first binoculars I have been able to see with effectively as a glasses wearer.
on 4 December 2013
If you want a light weight, compact, good build and does what it says on the tin, then these are for you and your wonderful Safari, bird watching etc etc etc. They were invaluable for looking at the wildlife especially the distant black rhino!!!!!!!! (had to get that in)
on 3 February 2016
I bought these binoculars as I wanted a small pair to carry in my pocket when walking my dog. I already have a pair of Nikon Travellite EX 8x25 binoculars, which are excellent but just a little bit too bulky to carry around in a pocket. After trying two "budget" pairs that had good reviews on Amazon but which frankly were not good (both had badly aligned optics), I decided to pay a bit more and go for these Steiner Safaris. I had read several good reviews about Steiner binoculars, and these live up to the reputation. The image is sharp, bright and clear with no noticeable colour cast and very little fringing, and the focussing smooth with good dioptre adjustment on one eyepiece. The eyepieces have fold-down eye cups for spectacle wearers, I wear glasses and find the binoculars easy to use both with and without my glasses on. The construction of the binoculars is good quality, and they are more compact than I expected. For the extra cost and bulk, the Nikons do have a slight edge over the Steiners, with a slightly brighter image.
on 27 March 2013
Bought these for a safari in Kruger. They were great - my wife used them all the time while I was taking photographs. She really liked them and on the on occasion I used them, they did the job well. Nice and small, but gave the resolution we needed
on 13 September 2013
For the money these are excellent small binoculars - clear, easy to centre and focus, light and pocket sized. Might even by a spare pair just to stay in the car for those odd opportunities that present themselves
on 24 June 2013
Fairly new to binocs, tried some of these, and liked them. Not disappointed - light, handy, and decent brightness/clarity for the size. The only difficulty for me being getting the positioning of the eyes right without a bit of jiggling. I think that this may be down to the small exit pupil size. Once latched onto, the image is fine. Provided the bird has not flown :-)