on 29 September 2014
Ok having read other views i was in two minds, but having used this now for 6 months i can honestly say it is worth every penny. Firstly it is a baby monitor with adjustable sound sensitivity so it can be very sensitive or turned down so only a crying baby will set it off. Second it has the video feature so when we are downstairs we can watch in to see if our little one is ok or going to settle himself. It is night vision as well as day. Thirdly it has the movement pad that detects babys breathing. Now if it is all set up as per the instructions you will have no issues just a very secure peace of mind. This feature is also sensitivity adjustable. You can have just the monitor without the pad if you wish or baby unit without the monitor for just the movement alarm or all three which is recommended. Some people describe having to turn off the baby side before getting baby out as a nuisance as this cant be done from the parent monitor and as well if the alarm goes off you have to reset the baby side monitor but this is a safety measure so you cant accidently turn off the alarm at 3am when you are tired and not sure what you are doing. I would rather the alarm go off because i forgot to turn it off than it not go off and something happen to my son because i forgot to turn it on!. You can use it for the alarm feature as well when they are in the same room as you just by turning the parent unit to mute, everything else still works. The flashing green is reassurance baby is safe and this is the single most important device i have bought to safeguard my childs safety. It will even notify you if there is a power cut. This unit will let you use it how you want but will not let you do anything stupid. Do not be put off by negative reviews. People rarely take time to give positive reviews but will often give negative ones. In my opinion nothing can better this for the peace of mind you get.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 23 February 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This has got to be the most feature rich and best baby monitor I think I have used.

We got this for our new born baby and have not been disappointed at all. The unit covers all the basics as far as features go. You have digital audio which is clear as a bell, two way talk back which works brilliantly, different sensitivity levels for activating the microphone on the baby unit which is useful if you don't want to hear everything and a night light controllable from the parent unit. All these features are excellent and work well. But where this monitor really excels is in the video and motion sensitive mat.

I'll start with the video. Full colour and excellent quality through the parent unit. You can easily make out most features of your baby as the quality is terrific. The night vision feature is the most impressive though. It automatically comes on when it detects low light. With the lights off in our baby's room you can still her as clear as day through the parent unit. In fact, if someone looking didn't know they would no doubt ask why we keep the light on for her!

The mat is another very useful feature. There are mixed reviews about this but I think it is a great idea. There are sensitivity settings for it too just in case you are having problems with the alarm sounding for no reason. You place this under the mattress and it basically detects when breathing or movement stops. I would much rather have a false alarm to this than nothing at all. The only downside I have found, and I can't find a setting to change it, is that the alarm for this goes off on both parent unit and baby unit. I really only want this on the parent unit. The baby unit should be silent so as not to wake her up. If anyone knows if this can be changed please add a comment.

All in all this is one first class monitor. Pricey yes, but it depends what you want and how much money you have to spend. Just know though, that if you do go for this, it is money very well spent indeed.

UPDATE 28/01/2014:

Unfortunately, 23 months after receiving this monitor the night vision sensor has given up on the unit. Having a quick look round different parenting forums has shown I'm not the only one. The monitor display flashes between night vision and black and eventually stays black, rendering the video useless at night. The audio still works fine though.

Tommee Tippee initially seemed very helpful and sent me out a replacement battery for the parent unit. This made no difference. I contacted Tommee Tippee again who said they could do no more because it was 23 months old. They advised I take it to an electrical shop for repair at my expense. For a unit at this price I have to say I am less than impressed, and certainly less than impressed with their support. I would urge anyone to look at a different manufacturer's video monitor. Whilst it was working correctly it was fantastic, but failing after 23 months is not acceptable.
55 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2015
One of the best things I have bought since having my baby! Really puts your mind at rest when you move them into their own room. If I wake at night, seeing the flashing light reassures me my son is ok. Great that you can turn down the sensitivity too, means that every little murmur doesn't wake me, like it used to when he was in his Moses basket right next to my bed! Only thing that I think lets it down is that the monitor does not display the time- this would be extremely useful at silly o'clock in the morning.
on 30 June 2012
I originally bought the movement sensor only monitor for when my baby was born and loved it. We had it in her Moses basket right next to me and I loved the reassuring green light flickering to tell me all was well.

When it came time for her to move into her own room, I decided to upgrade to a video monitor so I could keep an eye on her without constantly going into her room.

From day one there were some irritating features that the movement only monitor didn't have such as having to turn the parent unit off before taking her out of the cot (the movement one let's you just flick the switch on the baby unit but the video one you have to turn off parent unit and then flick switch on baby unit). Once the alarm has gone off on the parent unit, you can't turn it off. You have to turn the pad back on and prod at the matress to sense movement until you can turn the parent back on - tricky at 4am with hungry, wriggly baby amd a parent unit that's in th other room! This in itself was just a bit annoying as was the fact that the parent unit regularly (3-6 times per week) loses the link with the baby unit despite always being plugged in and approx 8 metres from my baby's room. Worryingly, I have learnt to ignore this alarm.

However, 3 nights ago after having the monitor for only 2 months, the movement alarm started going off every hour for no reason. Not only is this scary, it soon becomes annoying as my baby was fine except no longer asleep. Eventually we swapped back to the movement only monitor and ha no further false alarms. I have contacted Tommee Tippee customer services and am awaiting a response but I'm not too hopeful given reviews above and the fact that when I contacted them about how to turn off the pad to remove baby, I jut got referred to a page number in the instruction manual!

Fingers crossed they come good!
on 30 May 2015
It was fine for 5 months then the alarm started going off now and then, then 3-4 times in the night yet baby was fine. then after a few nights of that it stopped charging. I've had to bin it I'm so unimpressed as now I'll have to but another monitor.
on 11 May 2015
This is a nice set and adds extra security. It has a lot of decent features as already explained in the product information and they are all very good however I have identified issues that annoy me.
PROS:
Nice colour screen
Night-vision is great
Range is god and so is battery life
Features on the product are ideal and you don't need more than what's on offer

CONS:
When you turn off one of the units an alarm sounds on the other unit which is really annoying.
If you have the mat sensor on and pick your baby up it goes off and scares the crap out of you and baby in the early hours of the morning! I have yet to figure out a solution for this as you have to use all the devices to turn the mat off which just isn't convenient.
The baby web cam unit is just too big and would be good if it had its own little feet so you can angle it to see baby rather than using a tripod stand etc.
on 28 February 2013
Overall very happy so far. Saw this item on mamas and papas for £200 so at this price and with a £10 family reduction we have made a 30% saving so pleased with that for a start. We were a bit sceptical about whether it would work effectively as a review on another site for the same model without the video complained that the mat was too sensitive and kept giving false alarms. Unfortunately we cannot report on this yet as out baby only 3 months old so have not put him in separate room yet to check on this. We have however set up the vidoe monitor in the nursery and I have to say the digital image is very clear and you can get a pretty wide angle on it for your needs. Ours is set on top of his wardrobe pointing down at the cot and you get a great image and quite a wide panorama also. There is also a zoom function which only has 2 settings in and out however does the job. The mat looks very unintrusive and we have put this under his mattress as asked. It is not wireless therefore there is a thin wore which goes from the cot and has to plug into the base unit, however it is very thin and is pretty long therefore we have tracked ours sufficiently around the walls and still reaches high up on to the wardrobe to be plugged in. The sound quality is good and you can talk to baby using the talk function. I think as a Unit by itself without the mat it is excellent and as long as the mat works as we would like to too then will be very impressed (Will re-review once have had chance to use this function).
* Little one 8 months now and we have been using the mat now for 2 months. When he goes down around 7.00 we have the control monitor downstairs whilst watching tv (which is quite far away) and the signal never falters. We sometimes even sit in the garden when the weathers nice and the signal still excellent and perfectly clear picture which gives us great peace of mind and allows you to relax more. We havn't had any problems at all with the sensor mat. As a previous reviewer mentioned there is a sensitivity control on the base monitor therefore you can adjust the setting and in fairness the setting we have it on we have had no false alarms. We know it works though as once you take him out for a feed, about 20 seconds later the alarm goes off asking you to check baby. Personally, the alarm being on the child monitor as-well as the hand unit I suppose can be a little annoying but I guess it's a safety feature and because of the setting we have set we have had no false alarms so no real problem in my opinion. Once you get into routine of turning monitor off before picking your little one up then I don't think theres any great issue personally.
on 7 August 2015
i bought this item in may checked it all working fine however i only started using this item 3 days ago as our baby is only 12 weeks old and now the moniter has stopped working and keeps beeping saying no link and we are only in the next room and it is on the highest sensitivity level and is supposed to work up to 300 meters now i have logged on to return and returns policy is 30 days but what are we supposed to do now with a faulty moniter we payed £90 for?
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2016
This is by far the best baby monitor i have used both for picture quality and sound. I have to say i stopped using the sensor mat the first few days of having this as it kept going off with false alarms which is not a nice thing to hear at 2am.
All in all this gets 4 stars.
on 20 January 2016
Good idea and some useful features. We turned the matt off due to being too sensitive even on low setting - needs to be bigger for the cot size. The power cord is very flimsy and broke a few months later, rendering the unit useless. Have to say that Tommee Tippee costumer service were absolutely excellent and sent us out a new one free of charge within a few days. We still use this now, and haven't damaged this power cord due to now knowing to be very careful with it.