Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

1,238
Size: 800g|Change

on 3 May 2012
I've got one tub in the kitchen to use when frying food or spreading on toast or for jam butties. Another tub is in the bathroom to use as a moisturiser for eyelashes, ends of hair, dry patches on my face, lips, elbows, feet and hands - very good for brittle nails. Wouldn't be without it.
11 Comment| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2013
it definitely seems to benefit my husband who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. it must be given 3 times a day to be beneficial. I am using it on my porridge,bread and to drizzle over vegetables. It does enhance the taste
55 Comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2013
I would recommend this particular brand of organic coconut oil, I use it for all my cooking, it tastes delicious!
on 29 February 2016
The first time I used this oil on my skin it stopped my itchy scalp. Six months later it cured my skin condition completely. I have it every day in my porridge and it has helped with my medical condition. I also use it as a hair conditioner. I am amazed by this product and want the world to try it. It is also great value for money, so please try it for yourselves.
on 7 February 2013
I always use Biona coconut oil, but have bought the 400g size until now. I was SO disappointed to find that this 800g size comes in a plastic jar. So I'll be going back to the smaller sized, glass jars. Plastic chemicals are much more likely to leach in to foods with a high fat content, and so in my opinion, this packaging changes a fabulously healthy product in to something to be avoided. A great shame.
3232 Comments| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2015
Lovely product use mainly to for cradle cap. Soften the hard scaly cradle cap which pulled away on it own after a few days of applying this oil. Now I use the oil all over the baby as it softens the skin and make her smell beautiful
on 14 July 2016
This Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil is an absolute must buy, and is perfect for a variety of uses.

I believe it is worth buying in the larger jars such as this 800g, as a little goes a long way, and it also becomes better value for money cost wise.
This has lasted me months, and I still have a 1/3 left.

At cool temperatures this coconut oil is a solid state, but as it sits in your hand or naturally heats as room temperatures change, it turns to liquid.

I primarily use this for removing makeup before using a deep cleanser/face wash to remove any oil and remaining traces of make up from the skin - I have noticed a huge improvement to how soft my skin is, and I do attribute this to the use of the coconut oil as a natural cleanser.

A spoonful added to a hot bath, along with some Epsom salts and lavender oil, makes a wonderful relaxing detox bath. Skin feels incredibly moisturised after! Although be sure to give the bath a good clean after, as the oil does leave a greasy coating.

This is also suitable for oil pulling; using a spoonful at a time, and swirling it around for 10-20 minutes. It isn't the most pleasant of activities, but it is excellent at drawing out toxins and cleansing the mouth.

The uses really are endless, which is why purchasing this 800g jar is such good value. I highly recommend!
on 20 September 2016
A bit overpriced but it is excellent quality and keeps well. You should keep it in the fridge if you want it to be solid because in a warm room it will be liquid like a bottle of oil and in a cold room it is still very soft. The upside of that is it melts easily and quickly when you want it to. It is great for all cooking, especially frying at high temperatures, which it easily copes with. You can use it for cakes and biscuits but you should let the cake cool completely before taking out of the baking tin as the coconut oil needs to cool otherwise you cake may break.

It is a clear oil that turns white when solid. It smells of a mild coconut smell.

You can use it as a good bath oil and it is great as a moisturiser, but it is very oily so if you don't like oily skin then just cook with it! It is great as a hair treatment and really softens hair, wash hair well after leaving on for about 30 min. It makes an excellent baby oil.

It comes in a plastic screw top container and the inside is sealed with foil when it arrives.
on 27 November 2013
This 800g "jar" is in fact plastic unlike the smaller sizes. If you are concerned about BPA and it's potential health impacts then this is not a good thing as it is thought that higher fat products such as this cause more of the BPA to leach into the product and therefore your body. However I contacted Biona via their Facebook page and they responded to say that the plastic container is BPA free.
22 Comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2014
This coconut oil has to be the very best coconut oil i have ever had, its truly amazing, i did sadly make the mistake of ordering a cheaper oil , and its awful , but you get what you pay for , and this one is perfect like soft cream , so tasty, and excellent to use in cooking and for moisturising , love , love it i won't use any other coconut oil

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price