on 15 January 2012
Having just purchased an ipod touch I wanted to be able to charge it by other means to a usb cable and the convenience of playing music. I didn't want to spend a lot and saw this at £35. I must admit that because of its size and price I wasn't expecting a lot but thought it might be adequate. This has exceeded any of my expectations. It is solidly made and works exactly as described in the product information. The sound quality and volume is quite amazing all things considered.There is a lot of detail in the sound and no distortion at full volume which for its size is unexpectedly loud. I like this a lot and would recommend to others.
11 comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2012
let start of by saying i've never written a product review EVER in my life but i was so pleased with the quality, value of this product and the service offered by the company i felt compelled to right a review for it.

i was at first sceptical about a speaker dock for £36 but after reading the description and the dozen or so glowing reviews i couldn't not get one. i was previously looking at a 50w one for over £150 that i had previously tried at a friends house, and i have to say this speaker dock is far superior in sound quality and is far louder(and i mean loud you could hear it in every room of our 6 bed house - and i think the neighbours could sing a long as well!) - even on max volume the songs sound perfect with no distortion.

as well as the iPhone/iPod connector on the front there is also audio in and out via standard 3.5mm jack on the back for compatibility with just about every device that produces sound. you can also hook it up to existing speakers to complement your current set up. there is also a remote which is really handy and has all the required functions play/pause, volume, track control ect.

i cant recommend this product enough don't look at any others get one of these you will not be disappointed.

their service was fantastic as well dispatched with in a few hours of ordering and received it next day - cant as for better than that.
on 2 February 2012
I bought this as I recently got a new gen iPod Touch. My old docking station was not charging the new iPod or my iphone. This product charges the New Gen iPod touch, iPhone 4s etc. It prouduces a decent sound and can be set quite loud. The remote is very handy. Highly recommended .
on 3 May 2013
Read the reviews, was impressed by the previous comments, liked what I saw in the photographs so made a conscious decision and purchased 1. Received wthin 2 days and very pleased with the docking station . Easy to use, pleasing to the ear, plenty of power without distortion and smart design, all in all 10 out of 10.
on 14 May 2015
I've bought a few of the Azatom products for my children and also for our holiday cottage and been happy with the sound quality, and like the fact that it will charge the iPhone as it plays, or is sat there (old connector style). This new one works fine with the iPhone 4 etc, i.e. the older iPhones, but I bought a lightning adaptor as suggested for the newer ones, and it doesn't work - tried a couple of different phones (iPhone 5S, iPhone 6plus), and a couple of adaptors, but no joy, slightly disappointing as although you can still connect the phone with a cable, it won't then charge. The sound quality is still good though....
on 10 December 2014
Very impressive sound for such a small size. I bought this to use as a charger so I don't have to fiddle with wires and also a speaker system. The speakers provide very nice, clear sound, but they are lacking in bass.

If you listen mainly to rock, soul, reggae, etc... music that uses intruments and voices, you will be very happy with this. However, if your tastes revolve around electronic music, house, dance, etc, I would advise you to buy a different station. Ironic then the name 'House Dance,' as these will be two genres of music you won't be listening to...

The two speakers fill the room quite well and maintain clarity up until about 80% volume, after which sound becomes slightly distorted. But 80% is more than adequate for most.

It also comes with a handy 'aux in' port and cable which I tested and works well. I have not tested the remote but hopefully it works as well.

It is a nice design and I would recommend this to anyone who isn't necessarily an audio-expert and wants a simple charging + musical solution. Very good for the price as well.
on 12 November 2013
This is a Christmas gift fort daughter and she will not be at all disappointed. Looks great, sounds great. Excellent value!
on 25 November 2015
Ok for price delivery was great but neither remote worked (I bought two of these) and it often needs switching off and on again for volume buttons to work. Really good write up on these I have an iPhone 4s which is compatible but maybe just my phone playing up? Audio good quality and they look great. To be fair I didn't ask for replacement as I was happy enough with them given the price. Would still recommend.
on 4 March 2014
I needed an iPhone docker and I wasn't sure what one to choose,i spent about an hour going through all the docks looking for one for my needs and also I didn't want to spend a lot of money.Eventually I found the little machine with excellent reviews and the price was excellent as well,it arrived within a few days well packaged with everything I needed and I wasn't disappointed at all this docker is fantastic it looks smart and the sound out of it is crystal clear and loud for its size and it looks good anywhere you use it,If you don't believe my review read the many other reviews on this machine it truly is a brilliant don't hesitate you certainly wont be disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2015
Got this for my daughter to use with her iPod as her old CD player had given up the ghost. This has great quality sound for such a compact device and saves all the hassle of changing CD's etc. Thoroughly recommend to anyone needing a compact music player for home use.