Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
WOW! Didn't think I could be so impressed by a bargain mouse, but I am. I've always used wired mice and this one is fantastic. It's a little smaller than my previous Logitech one but I actually prefer this size (I'm female, small hands) It's a nice looking mouse which feels comfortable to use and it's got a kind of soft-touch coating so it feels nice against the skin. Most importantly, it's reliable and has fantastic responsiveness; it's certainly more sensitive than my previous mouse and a lot lighter. I'm using the mouse without a mousemat and this feels fine. The mouse scroll is smooth and easy to glide and the button clicks are quiet, quick and responsive - all in all, it's a really effortless experience.

This is a basic mouse that doesn't promise anything fancy but it's everything the average user needs. It feels good to use and it's accurate and responsive. Honestly, I cannot fault it or its bargain price! Very highly recommended.
on 8 December 2012
I had a mouse delivered with my new computer but it was simply too sensitive, and kept registering double-clicks when only singles were intended, so I bought this cheap-and-cheerful replacement. If you do the same you won't be disappointed. It works just fine.

(Two years later: I have now bought another one, as the original started to play up. It turned out to be a very slightly loose connection, probably caused by my six-year old grandson's heavy hands. The new one is just as good as the original, and still cheap as chips. Why would any ordinary user pay more?)
on 3 September 2016
As a gamer, I eventually break a mouse maybe a little faster than an ordinary user and as I use the PC a lot, sooner as well. Thought, okay, it’s a simple mouse, won’t be special; I personally was surprised as its contoured shape and size and how well it works. It has worked fine for daily use of many hours, only recently developing a fault and that may be dues to heavy use or a 9 year-old computer which is being replaced AND only in a game with a graphics card not suited for the old PC. However, I did switch it for another one I am using but that connected to my Smart TV and another to this PC and no problems. (Massive clicking (gamers will know what I mean) means I have worn something out but it’s still usable. And to top it all off, I am so pleased with this mouse and because they last a few years only and you should always have a spare mouse to hand, I bought another half dozen or more! Tested they all work and boxed them away for when needed. They cost me £5 or £6 and the price has gone up a little since then, but I would recommend them, they do the job and are a pleasure to use, for a basic mouse, it works. If you are a gamer and want a real gaming mouse, then this isn’t for you, but I’m a gamer and I have no problems lol. So, the choice is yours.

After three years, no breaks or problems and I have others in reserve but as yet, not needed. I am surprised they have lasted so well, even with the amounts of clicks I have to do in gaming, which can be punishing on computer mice and other makes have lasted only a few years at a time at best.

I bought this at £4.49 in July 2013 and they are £5.19 at September 2016 and when I got them
on 15 May 2013
It's a mouse. It mouses. You plug it in, and then you can mouse. Er, that's about it, really. Oh, wait - you can click, too. And scroll. But mainly, it's all about the mousing. For which you need a mouse. Exactly like this one. Buy it, wait for delivery, then mouse to your heart's content. With this mouse.
on 21 February 2016
I was having so many problems with my wireless mouse and built in mouse, I was doing my weekly shop and it was taking hours, I would put one thing in the basket, my mouse put in as many as it wanted, sometimes doubling it or sometimes 5,6,7, My mouse did not seem to have favourites, it would put 7 tubes of toothpaste, 1 bar of chocolate (like a chocoholic would do that), I would go on my emails and it liked to open and read everything first, didn't like just deleting them with a tick in the box. I would like to point out that me being in my fifties, every time I nearly pulled my hair out and threw the mouse up the wall, My 22 year old son said it must be me, It wouldn't be the mouse. After months of fighting with my mouse over how much shopping I needed, I decided to look on Amazon for a wired mouse, this mouse had fantastic reviews, and I noticed a lot of people had similar problems to me. I ordered it late afternoon, and was amazed when I got it first post the next day, I plugged it in, went on my emails, and hey presto, could delete to my hearts content (deep joy). last note I would like to make, is to young people, STOP assuming us oldies are idiots. I knew all along it was the mouse and not me. Off to do my shopping on my own, with a mouse that does as it's told.
I bought this three years ago when it was almost half the price. But even at the current price, I would be more than happy to buy it again.
I use it virtually every day, and it's still almost as good as new.

I can't get on with the 'touch-pad' type mouse at all, and I can't get on with a 'ball' type mouse either. Give me the traditional style of mouse anyday.
I've used a traditional style, unwired, mouse and that was OK. But this wired mouse from Amazon (bless 'em) is the best of all for me.

It's very responsive in all the normal functions, it's not particularly large (yet quite large enough), and the feel of it, is both comfortable and robust.
I do use it with a mouse mat, but it seems to be just as happy without a mat.

I can well recommend.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Amazon Basics 3-Button USB wired Mouse is a little gem, it really is.

Firstly it is a brilliant price, then you just unpack it, plug it in and off you go.

The USB cable is nice and long - approx 56", so, if like me you have a desk top PC, there is plenty of length to have the mouse exactly where you want it. The Mouse is equally at home on a mouse mat or just on the desk - the performance is the same. My preference is to use a mouse mat - it is quieter, rather than scraping on the desk.

Little Mouse is not shiny cheap looking plastic, it has a matt peach skin type finish and is oh soooooooo comfortable. It is smaller than other mice I have used, so perhaps it is more suited to the ladies. As I am always late at night on the PC, the fact that it's 'click' is nice and quiet is another added bonus. This mouse is very sharp and responsive and needed no adjustment via the PC control panel. Just plug and play - perfect.

Excellent price, a great addition to my computer. Buy it and see for yourself - I love it! It is my super mighty mouse.

UPDATE - This little cheapo mouse is still going strong. Used every day and no problems with it at all. Sooooooooo good this is a mighty mouse
on 3 September 2016
I've been looking for a direct replacement for my now defunct Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A for some time. Tried lots of mice, some relatively expensive but none came close until now.
This mouse, although very slightly on the small side ticks every other box for me.
Its extremely light weight so easy to quickly manoeuvre about the screens and doesn't cause any wrist / finger strain.
It works well on my wooden desk.
Its accurate and does not jump or flicker about the screen.
Its super quiet with no annoyingly loud click noises.
All buttons including the wheel need minimal (and I mean minimal) pressure to click. There is barely any resistance whatsoever. If using a mouse all day 7 days per week then this really is a must have feature.
The scroll wheel is easy to use and again there is no resistance.
I use AutoCAD and need to input fast and accurately, quickly darting about the screen and picking the mouse up if required to move position on desk. This lightweight and accurate mouse is absolutely perfect for my needs.
Its also the cheapest of all the mice I've purchased.
on 30 December 2012
The amazon basics wired mouse.

What can i say... Its a mouse.

I bought it primarily to use with my Samsung Chromebook, as a wireless mouse wasnt good for some games i was playing.
It connects easily, and it quick and responsive. The design is very basic, but i didnt expect much when spending under £5 on a mouse. It works well, and for anyone looking to buy a cheap mouse tp use with a computer or laptop, this could be the one.

on 11 April 2016
As described and quick service BUT when scrolling it goes into a 'dance of it's own'! wizzes up and down the page but ok for the price - good vlaue, as this is used on my laptop and not my main desk top I can cope with it, but not if working on projects over a long period of time. Have tried changing the setting on it but it still does the same.