on 8 December 2012
I had a mouse delivered with my new computer but it was simply too sensitive, and kept registering double-clicks when only singles were intended, so I bought this cheap-and-cheerful replacement. If you do the same you won't be disappointed. It works just fine.

(Two years later: I have now bought another one, as the original started to play up. It turned out to be a very slightly loose connection, probably caused by my six-year old grandson's heavy hands. The new one is just as good as the original, and still cheap as chips. Why would any ordinary user pay more?)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
WOW! Didn't think I could be so impressed by a bargain mouse, but I am. I've always used wired mice and this one is fantastic. It's a little smaller than my previous Logitech one but I actually prefer this size (I'm female, small hands) It's a nice looking mouse which feels comfortable to use and it's got a kind of soft-touch coating so it feels nice against the skin. Most importantly, it's reliable and has fantastic responsiveness; it's certainly more sensitive than my previous mouse and a lot lighter. I'm using the mouse without a mousemat and this feels fine. The mouse scroll is smooth and easy to glide and the button clicks are quiet, quick and responsive - all in all, it's a really effortless experience.

This is a basic mouse that doesn't promise anything fancy but it's everything the average user needs. It feels good to use and it's accurate and responsive. Honestly, I cannot fault it or its bargain price! Very highly recommended.
on 15 May 2013
It's a mouse. It mouses. You plug it in, and then you can mouse. Er, that's about it, really. Oh, wait - you can click, too. And scroll. But mainly, it's all about the mousing. For which you need a mouse. Exactly like this one. Buy it, wait for delivery, then mouse to your heart's content. With this mouse.
I bought this three years ago when it was almost half the price. But even at the current price, I would be more than happy to buy it again.
I use it virtually every day, and it's still almost as good as new.

I can't get on with the 'touch-pad' type mouse at all, and I can't get on with a 'ball' type mouse either. Give me the traditional style of mouse anyday.
I've used a traditional style, unwired, mouse and that was OK. But this wired mouse from Amazon (bless 'em) is the best of all for me.

It's very responsive in all the normal functions, it's not particularly large (yet quite large enough), and the feel of it, is both comfortable and robust.
I do use it with a mouse mat, but it seems to be just as happy without a mat.

I can well recommend.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Amazon Basics 3-Button USB wired Mouse is a little gem, it really is.

Firstly it is a brilliant price, then you just unpack it, plug it in and off you go.

The USB cable is nice and long - approx 56", so, if like me you have a desk top PC, there is plenty of length to have the mouse exactly where you want it. The Mouse is equally at home on a mouse mat or just on the desk - the performance is the same. My preference is to use a mouse mat - it is quieter, rather than scraping on the desk.

Little Mouse is not shiny cheap looking plastic, it has a matt peach skin type finish and is oh soooooooo comfortable. It is smaller than other mice I have used, so perhaps it is more suited to the ladies. As I am always late at night on the PC, the fact that it's 'click' is nice and quiet is another added bonus. This mouse is very sharp and responsive and needed no adjustment via the PC control panel. Just plug and play - perfect.

Excellent price, a great addition to my computer. Buy it and see for yourself - I love it! It is my super mighty mouse.

UPDATE - This little cheapo mouse is still going strong. Used every day and no problems with it at all. Sooooooooo good this is a mighty mouse
on 21 February 2016
I was having so many problems with my wireless mouse and built in mouse, I was doing my weekly shop and it was taking hours, I would put one thing in the basket, my mouse put in as many as it wanted, sometimes doubling it or sometimes 5,6,7, My mouse did not seem to have favourites, it would put 7 tubes of toothpaste, 1 bar of chocolate (like a chocoholic would do that), I would go on my emails and it liked to open and read everything first, didn't like just deleting them with a tick in the box. I would like to point out that me being in my fifties, every time I nearly pulled my hair out and threw the mouse up the wall, My 22 year old son said it must be me, It wouldn't be the mouse. After months of fighting with my mouse over how much shopping I needed, I decided to look on Amazon for a wired mouse, this mouse had fantastic reviews, and I noticed a lot of people had similar problems to me. I ordered it late afternoon, and was amazed when I got it first post the next day, I plugged it in, went on my emails, and hey presto, could delete to my hearts content (deep joy). last note I would like to make, is to young people, STOP assuming us oldies are idiots. I knew all along it was the mouse and not me. Off to do my shopping on my own, with a mouse that does as it's told.
on 30 December 2012
The amazon basics wired mouse.

What can i say... Its a mouse.

I bought it primarily to use with my Samsung Chromebook, as a wireless mouse wasnt good for some games i was playing.
It connects easily, and it quick and responsive. The design is very basic, but i didnt expect much when spending under £5 on a mouse. It works well, and for anyone looking to buy a cheap mouse tp use with a computer or laptop, this could be the one.

SB
on 8 November 2013
I bought one of these for my new laptop (I really do find a mouse makes life so much easier), and am sufficiently pleased with it that I've ordered another to replace the antique on my desktop, whose ball has worn away with use. A sign of old age in us all?
on 17 November 2014
Becoming completely fed up with all the fancy desktop mice that just eventually die and go to "That was a waste of money heaven," I decided to look for a no-frills mouse. It eventually arrived, after a right old palava with Amazon, as I needed a mouse to arrive quickly for work and it was well past its delivery date.

No mouse means no work for me.

I called Amazon and they eventually said they'll dispatch one to me asap. Thank goodness! It came the next day after me phoning and moaning about how late they've been in sending the mouse to me and that if there is no mouse here for me then I can't work.

It arrived well packaged well and to my surprise...the mouse had a luxurious soft, rubber, matte feel to it. It has an ergonomic enough body and It is sensitive in terms of response and worked perfectly - I just plugged it into my Windows 8.1 PC and away the mouse and I went into "work heaven."

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this to anybody. It's not the cheapest mouse I've ever bought because including post it worked out to £10 but it was a tenner well spent (despite the lateness of receipt of the item by Amazon).
on 8 March 2015
I've had this replaced twice by Amazon, the problem seems to be with the wiring. I tend to use this with my laptop and I do move around alot every dayl. The mouse disconnects from your PC and reconnects when you fiddle with the wiring on the mouses end.

Edit: This stopped working again recently after Amazon were kind enough to replace for the third time, I will not be asking Amazon to replace it as it feels like I am hassling them. I'll probably just buy another brand.