on 12 November 2012
I was looking for a Bulletproof Coffee alternative and found this beauty...... Arabica Beans from central Americas, wet bean and most importantly Single source. These are the best ways to avoid nasty mycotoxins as per biohacking extrordinaire Dave Asprey
66 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2013
REALLY like this and will be ordering more.

It is great for when you want something that tastes good without slapping you in the face.

I like stronger brews too - i.e. the ones that DO 'slap you in the face' but this is good for moments when you just want a good tasting cup of 'straightforward' coffee.

Works well prepared as a milk free 'Americano':- (I make the coffee in a stove top Bialetti Brikka pot and top up with hot water. Perfect for that!)
on 17 March 2013
I found the reviews really helpful so thought I should also review this coffee to help others. I have never bought coffee on line before but decided to try since we have a bean to coffee machine and get through beans so quickly I thought I would see what we could get on line. I liked the sound of these because they are fairtrade beans. They are really delicious! We have had Honduras beans before and I think it would be fair to say we have tried a fair variety of beans. We were really pleased with these. They do have a chocolatey taste and I thought they were really good value for money. The smell when you open the bag is wonderful! Happy coffee drinking!
on 3 May 2013
Having decided that good, fresh coffee was a sine qua non, I bought a grinder (review elsewhere) and then set about finding the beans that worked. These are fairly traded which is a non-negotiable requirement. They are also organic; again, a must have. And they taste great; no use being fair trade and organic if they taste awful. By placing a repeat order, I get a good price. So all in all, an excellent deal.
on 6 September 2014
On the plus side these beans are organic and fairtrade and the flavour description on the pack is, of course, enticing.

Far from a "pronounced hazelnut aroma... dark chocolate flavour...caramel finish.", you get the same poor, non-descript coffee taste available from the cheapest beans in the supermarket.
on 9 November 2012
At around £13 a kg delivered this isn't bad stuff at all. Not sure how old the roast/beans is/are but perhaps it could be a little fresher. I've since buying on Nov 1st read harvest in Honduras is Oct-Feb so I think the batch I have is more likely a roast of 2011's harvest. This bag tastes quite sweet, nutty and slightly chocolate-y, it's a pleasant taste and very easy to gulp down, not too heavy a brew, strength more like 3-4 than 4-5 in my opinion. Well-rounded flavour really, I think it could be more a but more pronounced, perhaps just a bit fresher. All in all a good buy, fair-trade, organic, co-op supplied, as a general daytime brew it's more than acceptable.
on 17 June 2014
I bought this pack and wondered whether it would go off before we finished them We have a bean-to-cup machine that is used daily. We have used a variety of different beans to try out which ones we liked the best, These rate up there with the best. They were good value too for the kilo size.
on 18 August 2014
I had high hopes for this and was completely let down....Very dark, burnt taste and hardly tastes like coffee at all. This was my second bean purchase (1st was Redtail Coffee which was great but twice the price) and wish I hadn't bought a kilo of this as it's only just drinkable. A shame as I'd like to support fairtrade and organic coffee....but I'll not be buying this again.
on 12 February 2013
I was looking forward to trying these, but they dont deliver. Firstly, the packet does not come vacuum packed which led to me asking Amazon to do a check to see if it should be. Once the packet is open, the beans have a good aroma, but once ground and brewed they delivered a strong, coarse flavour lacking in notes and depth. But 1KG is a lot and that means they are good value for money, just not my cup of tea, or coffee
on 29 September 2014
I ordered this bag for my De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM4200 Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Coffee Machine as the 1kg bag gives me about twenty days of double shot Americanos, having about four a day.

The coffee arrived promptly the next day in a robust gold coloured silver bag, sealed firmly to retain freshness. The beans are a ethically sourced and roasted. For me, fair trade is a must and helps me to assuage some of the guilt from having the beans shipped all of the way from Honduras.

Now for the most important bit; the taste. I personally like my coffee strong but without a bitter aftertaste and I can safely say that this coffee fits the bill for me. I have made coffee from this using the above coffee machine, a stovetop espresso maker and also a hand held grinder with a Cafetiere. When used with the coffee machine, the beans give a thick cream coloured crema, which is strong enough for sugar to be balanced on the top.

The taste is a strong hit on your tongue so when you take a sip, it is enough to give you a moments pause. I still get this despite having ordered this coffee several times before. The overall taste of the coffee is smooth and it has hints of chocolate, along with a slight sweetness. I know this is all down to personal interpretation, but I think this coffee is a mature blend, which offers an accessible start to the world of middle range coffee. If your budget can stretch a bit, then this is certainly worth an investment.

This coffee has certainly re-ignited my caffeine addiction, the nights of not being able to sleep because I've had a coffee at 10pm are back!

See one answered question