Customer reviews

Suma Fairtrade Organic Honduras Coffee Beans 1 kg

on 17 March 2013
I found the reviews really helpful so thought I should also review this coffee to help others. I have never bought coffee on line before but decided to try since we have a bean to coffee machine and get through beans so quickly I thought I would see what we could get on line. I liked the sound of these because they are fairtrade beans. They are really delicious! We have had Honduras beans before and I think it would be fair to say we have tried a fair variety of beans. We were really pleased with these. They do have a chocolatey taste and I thought they were really good value for money. The smell when you open the bag is wonderful! Happy coffee drinking!
on 1 June 2017
love this coffee
on 13 October 2014
it has a bit strong and bitter taste, but my husband likes it, we will buy this again,
on 10 August 2013
REALLY like this and will be ordering more.

It is great for when you want something that tastes good without slapping you in the face.

I like stronger brews too - i.e. the ones that DO 'slap you in the face' but this is good for moments when you just want a good tasting cup of 'straightforward' coffee.

Works well prepared as a milk free 'Americano':- (I make the coffee in a stove top Bialetti Brikka pot and top up with hot water. Perfect for that!)
on 12 November 2012
I was looking for a Bulletproof Coffee alternative and found this beauty...... Arabica Beans from central Americas, wet bean and most importantly Single source. These are the best ways to avoid nasty mycotoxins as per biohacking extrordinaire Dave Asprey
66 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2013
Arabica coffee beans full of flavour. The best coffee we tasted at home. Great for latte. Would buy them again!!!
on 9 November 2012
At around £13 a kg delivered this isn't bad stuff at all. Not sure how old the roast/beans is/are but perhaps it could be a little fresher. I've since buying on Nov 1st read harvest in Honduras is Oct-Feb so I think the batch I have is more likely a roast of 2011's harvest. This bag tastes quite sweet, nutty and slightly chocolate-y, it's a pleasant taste and very easy to gulp down, not too heavy a brew, strength more like 3-4 than 4-5 in my opinion. Well-rounded flavour really, I think it could be more a but more pronounced, perhaps just a bit fresher. All in all a good buy, fair-trade, organic, co-op supplied, as a general daytime brew it's more than acceptable.
on 29 September 2014
I ordered this bag for my De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM4200 Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Coffee Machine as the 1kg bag gives me about twenty days of double shot Americanos, having about four a day.

The coffee arrived promptly the next day in a robust gold coloured silver bag, sealed firmly to retain freshness. The beans are a ethically sourced and roasted. For me, fair trade is a must and helps me to assuage some of the guilt from having the beans shipped all of the way from Honduras.

Now for the most important bit; the taste. I personally like my coffee strong but without a bitter aftertaste and I can safely say that this coffee fits the bill for me. I have made coffee from this using the above coffee machine, a stovetop espresso maker and also a hand held grinder with a Cafetiere. When used with the coffee machine, the beans give a thick cream coloured crema, which is strong enough for sugar to be balanced on the top.

The taste is a strong hit on your tongue so when you take a sip, it is enough to give you a moments pause. I still get this despite having ordered this coffee several times before. The overall taste of the coffee is smooth and it has hints of chocolate, along with a slight sweetness. I know this is all down to personal interpretation, but I think this coffee is a mature blend, which offers an accessible start to the world of middle range coffee. If your budget can stretch a bit, then this is certainly worth an investment.

This coffee has certainly re-ignited my caffeine addiction, the nights of not being able to sleep because I've had a coffee at 10pm are back!
on 27 April 2013
A really fine coffee & popular with the family. A rich full flavour with hint of chocolate & a fairtrade product as well. Will definitely buy again.
on 10 May 2013
We are trying all the coffees that Amazon has to find the ones we like and i would like to say that SUMA FAIRTRADE HONDURAS COFFEE is very good