on 8 February 2015
I take a 28mm ( large) hat and got a large/X large sized Bergaus Spectrum Beanie. It fits, not tight but comfortably, as I was hoping which is very welcome with me as I hate those tight, one-size, beanies and woollen hats that start rising up off your brow with every change of expression that your forehead makes or with every twist of the neck that is made if riding a bike. It is, however, quite thin for extreme weather conditions if your bald like me. I have another beanie from Canada that fits , not tight but comfortably, like this Berghaus beanie does, so I know it will stay on in the winds etc.

Eamonn
on 19 January 2015
It's a nice light-weight fleece beanie hat. I've got a medium/large head but following the comments on here I went for the small/medium size which is a good snug fit. It's good for running in, I've even worn it under my cycle helmet. My only concern is that with the hat pulled right down my ear lobes are still exposed which could be an issue in extreme cold / wind conditions. To behonest though, I've got more sustantial hats I'd wear if it was really frost-nip cold.
One last thing Amazon need to pull their socks up on delivery. Ordered on Sunday not delivered until the following Monday stretching the Supersaver 3-5 days window a bit!
on 13 October 2015
Different to the last one of these Berghaus beanies I bought in the same size (L -XL) a few years back.

This one lighter, and it doesn't feel like it would stay on my head in a strong wind (let alone a gale), which kind of defeats the point of the thing.

Disappointed. Not good value at all.

Edit to update >> as I suspected, the hat doesn't stay on in high winds, and cycling in it is out of the question. So, only useful for wandering around on cold but CALM days. This is partly due to the combination of the "generous" sizing, but mostly because it's simply too thin and light.

I should add that I have ALWAYS bought XL (not L) in hats and crash helmets - back in the 70's-80s I had trouble actually finding helmets big enough.

Would the alternative S/M fit? Maybe, but I have no intention of finding out - Berghaus messed up with this item, and it will give me pause when considering any of their (always expensive) fleece products in future.

I regret not returning it while I could.
on 10 May 2015
I had no choice but to buy it as it was on such a good deal. It looks the part, is light and easily stuffed into a pocket. However I will still carry a more capable thermal cap in my pack when doing any high altitude or winter hiking.
on 2 November 2015
The beanie was size L/XL but was a sloppy fit. I normally take a 7½ hat size but the beanie was more like a loose fitting 7¾ size. I bought a Berghaus fleece beanie some years ago (also from Amazon) also described as L/XL and that was (and still is) a snug fit so the sizes seemed to have changed. The fleece material of the newer hat is also thinner than the previous beanie so the quality has deteriorated.
on 13 March 2015
I normally like the Berghaus products but Im not impressed with this hat.
The hat is ill-fitting because it is a large fitting. I ordered a large initially and then exchanged it for a S/M but the sizing is poor (to say the least!)
The hat sits on your head and doesn't fit a beanie hat should - snugly. My ears don't get any protection and so making the hat useless for the winter.
I was happy with the price but very disappointed after receiving the hat.
on 21 January 2016
A good, cheap hat. Ideal for winter running, easily washable and light weight. Not something for walking on the coldest days though as not very warm, but this works in its favour for runners, serving to cover your head without being too hot.
on 1 February 2016
Really excellent value beanie for those of us who have somewhat less hair than previously and need to keep our heads warm in the cold weather. Quite compact so easy to stuff in a pocket if the temperature rises.
on 20 February 2015
soft lightweight material and ideal for milder days though I purchased the larger size which proved to be too big, the small/medium would have given a better fit, decided to keep as cost of return and refund not practical
on 17 January 2014
Great hat, but the large/xlarge is way too big for my usually quite big head.
Better sizing info would be very helpful, as it's just cost me £6 to return!
Bought the small/medium instead, which is still not at all tight like some beanies.

See one answered question