Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 21 December 2012
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Very simple to use and fill up from any standard perfume or scent spray.

I'm not a massive fan of the red, however its nice that you can see how much perfume you have left in the atomiser.

Much less messy than the old style handbag sprays. Fills up very quickly and easily

Only issue is that you cant really clean the spray and so will have to use the same perfume in it forever or risk scent mixing.....
small price to pay for a lipstick sized bottle of your favourite stuff travelling with you wherever you go!

EDIT - Afraid mine started leaking, so although I like the product I'm afraid I have to remove a star! perhaps it was faulty, but I wasn't impressed to
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2012
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I must be getting old, but I was unusually impressed by this little device!

Get your favourite perfume spray bottle (has to be a spray)

Take off the lid, to expose the little plastic tube-funnel thingie.

Put the bottom of the Refill onto the top of your perfume spray....pump a few times....Job Done!!

No more leaky bottles in handbag, no waste. Super!
22 Comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 April 2013
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is one of those ideas that seems so obvious you wonder why it took so long for someone to invent it: Put some of your favourite perfume into a little lipstick-sized pressurised container so you can give yourself a quick spray when you feel you need it.

Unfortunately, my experience with the Travalo makes me think that the good idea hasn't QUITE been implemented yet.

If you're thinking of buying this, there are a couple of things you need to be aware of.

First, you can only fill it from a container that's already pressurised. You'll need to pull off the top of your perfume container to reveal the little tube at the top of the bottle, and this is what needs to be inserted into the Travalo. So, unless your favourite scent is already in an aerosol, this product is no use to you.

Secondly, I've tried using it across a range of products, and in every case there was significant leakage during the filling process. This means you end up with overly-scented hands!! But more seriously, the wasted perfume may not matter if it's cheap and cheerful stuff, but it's not so funny to see your *expensive* perfume going to waste!

So, sorry, but I'm not impressed. It's a great idea, but it's not there yet.
on 5 April 2013
Lost more than the cost of the product in expensive perfume due to a faulty atomiser. This item looks really nice, however when I filled it for the first time it filled up really fast and there was a fizzing noise from it. I pressed it once and the entire contents of perfume came out, I tried it again and it happened again. Lost 10ml of perfume. Amazon sent a replacement product. However the lost of perfume cannot be replaced.
on 16 May 2013
I was very excited about this product as it is a well known atomiser brand. I had concerns about it leaking due to the way you pump the fragrance into it. But as it is so popular, I figured it must be alright. Wrong. I pumped a significant amount of expensive perfume into it and popped it into my handbag in a compartment with a pack of tissues. I headed off on my train journey and an hour later when I reached for my tissues, all I could smell was my perfume. An hour after that and a LOT of it had disappeared from the atomiser and, no doubt, leaked all over my handbag.

I'm going to assume that I just got a "bad" one since so many people have managed fine without leaks. But honestly, I'd rather just stick with normal atomisers without this patented technology. Less fear of all my perfume going to waste.
on 29 April 2013
This version is not as good as the old version,with the one colour design.

I have had the old version for 3 years and it's great,never had any problems.

Decided to buy another one as they're such a great concept and decided to go for the new design. Nicer in design but mine was faulty.

All of the perfume leaked out of it twice,also the pump mechanism is cheap in design.
on 1 August 2013
I bought this after a lot of consideration but am hugely disappointed. I filled it up twice with my favourite perfume and both times, the perfume leaked, I can't work out where it's leaking from!! I bought it to take on holiday with me but it's a complete waste of money. I'll be asking Amazon for a refund. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!
VINE VOICEon 23 November 2012
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Absolutely thrilled to bits with this product. The Travalo is small and light about the size of a lipstick and looks chic. It works brilliantly - only 3 basic instructions on the box and in seconds you have a small travel version of your favourite perfume. You simply lift off the trigger on the perfume bottle and then "pump" the bottom of the Travalo onto the perfume and watch it fill up. Done in seconds easy peasy. I'm keeping my Travalo in my handbag for now but would also be briliant for travelling if like me you don't want to take an expansive larger bottle of your favourite perfume. Would make great stocking filler this Christmas. Buy without disappointment.

Edited: Update Since I first received this and really enjoyed using it I have subsequently found it that it either leaks or the perfume dries up because everytime I go to use it it is empty! Very frustrating as the perfume I put in it is expensive per ml and I am losing it/wasting it. I have decided not to use it anymore so it has gone down to 1 star - what a shame.
VINE VOICEon 13 December 2012
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm really pleased with this travelling perfume bottle. It's such a simple idea; I wish I'd thought of it myself. In fact, I have - I'm always decanting various creams and potions into travel bottles and I'm a great fan of the travel miniature.

This little tube is made of some sort of non-shatter plastic, and the shape gives added security because it can travel upright in a haversack or pocket, in the slot meant for pens. I found the design perfectly straightforward and the instructions are written in clear and grammatically correct English. The refill process is really easy - you just remove the spray nozzle from your larger perfume bottle and fill the Travalo through a nozzle in the bottom of the tube. The spray mechanism works well. The main disadvantages are that it does leak a bit into my bag, so it's not ideal for my best, expensive perfume. Also it's impossible to clean so I have to have a separate Travelo for each fragrance.

The design makes it easy to explain to customs or border staff that this is a cosmetic, and at first I had no problem at all taking it (legally) on holiday. It fits easily into the 'liquids bag' with the rest of my travel miniatures and falls well within the 100ml limit. With the increase in terrorist activity however, airport staff are more and more nervous about any cosmetic that's not in a straightforward clear plastic bottle and I think I might have to keep the Travelo for use in the UK.

The Travalo is supposed to be suitable for both sexes - I think that's optimistic. The design is, I suggest, distinctly feminine and would appeal to either gender provided they like pretty designs in pink, white or rose.

Refilling a perfume bottle is not an ideal activity for those with a visual disability but the style and accessibility of this one makes it as trouble-free as could be expected. Simple, I think it achieves its purpose - a winner.
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Travalo Pure Essentials Refill Perfume Spray is small, light, elegant and stylish, and so very handy. Mine has a red cap with a clear base, which is useful, because it's very easy to see how much perfume is left at a glance. To fill, just take off your perfume's nozzle and directly place the Travalo on top and pump until full.

If you travel a lot, or work all day, it's great to have this by your side, in your pocket or bag where it's nice and handy. I use it at work all the time, but it is also handy for nights out or staying with friends and relatives.

I also own the Travalo Easy Refill Travel Perfume Atomizer Spray Bottle in Sleek Silver which I still love, however, I think this is even better as you can instantly see how much is left with the larger clear base.

In addition, the Travalo has a unique pressure regulating system that makes sure the bottle adjusts to changing air pressure during flights, so it doesn't leak. This means it can be taken on planes in your hand luggage - to keep you fresh without fear of it being snatched up by customs. It's also scratch proof, so it will stay looking as good as new. My old one still looks unused, but I can assure you, it isn't!

I also found that filling it up with clear water and a mild cleansing solution when the spray is empty really helps when you want to change perfumes - it clears out the old smell making way for the new without that horrid mix in between. But that never lasts long anyway.

Alternatively, you could just buy one Travalo spray for each of your perfumes...