Customer reviews

Size: 200|Change

on 12 September 2017
Scotch preference is obviously a very personal thing-single malt or blended, peat smoke or not, how old, rocks or neat, etc.

For my personal taste, this is probably the best all-around nice scotch I've had. My wife doesn't like scotch, but even she likes this one. It's smooth, a hint of smoke, but not too much and just generally great. I'm sure many connoisseurs will each have their own preference and would eschew JW Blue as too smooth and generic, but for me, it's one of the best "treat yourself" scotches out there and one of the ones I could see appealing to the widest audience (if you're willing to share!)
on 12 September 2017
I have meant for years to buy a bottle of JWB - but never got around to it. I was not disappointed, it is like drinking honey, slips smoothly down the throat leaving a slight peaty taste with a hint of sweetness. No burning to the back of the throat that you get with the like of Famous Grouse! It's not cheap so I will be making this bottle last a while - just a glass every now and then.

For reference I like my whisky with two ice cubes in a wide tumbler with a thick base. The glass is important!
on 30 May 2017
Good presentation with the bottle, but I thought the whisky was not as good as the black label which is quite depressing.
on 6 February 2017
as good as usually
on 14 June 2017
Always wanted to try this. If you like blended whisky, this may be the richest, 'smoothest'one around. Usual JW notes of Lagavulin. Personally, I'd rather have 2 or 3 bottles of Lagavulin.
on 31 May 2017
Bought as a present for my husband and he loves it
on 28 April 2017
I heard about blue label many years ago and have wanted to try it so last Xmas i pushed the boat out and indulged myself. What a treat it did not disappoint! Would recommend it highly
on 15 July 2017
A*
on 23 June 2017
cheapest blue label I could find
on 7 May 2017
I bought this for my Dad's 81st Birthday. He's not opened the bottle yet, but was made up when it arrived... worth every penny just for that.