on 5 March 2017
I'm not sure why we perceviered but we used these for 5 years....when I say 'these' we went through 4 lots. They break for fun! They just stop working. Usually its the charger that's faulty. We've finally moved to a basic BT one which so far is working well.
on 7 June 2017
Excellent price I have bought more expensive ones that were rubbish this was great so clear highly recommended
on 2 October 2015
Simple monitor. Not as good as some but does the job for the price.
on 1 August 2015
Works fine for our baby sitting duties in our 2 storey house. (Or is it 2 story?)
on 9 September 2014
Very pleased with this item. Good value for the money.
on 27 September 2013
Bought to use for my 19mths old. this monitor is very good it was easy to set up and the sound quality is excellent.
on 30 April 2010
After my bt monitor broke after 15 months i decided to get something a bit more simple and cheaper. This monitor is perfect. It's so easy to use and the sound quality is fine. If your after something of good quality without all the added extras eg singing songs, night lights, talk back etc, this is perfect and a lot cheaper!
11 Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2013
It just works. I particularly like that the receiver has a whole day battery life on one charge - I can carry it round as I go from room to room and keep an ear on our daughter at all times.
on 4 October 2010
I thought it was important to submit a review for this product as I really struggled to find a baby monitor on the basis of the current reviews on the site. It seems that any baby monitor on sale has both 5 star and 1 star reviews, so it is really hard to actually make a decision.

I chose this product because it was actually recommended by a different retailer, and I thought it was worth taking a gamble because it is a good price. It is also small (rather than these ridiculously large base units that seem to be dominating the market) and it is simple - all you really need is a unit that relays the sound of a crying baby isn't it?

We live in a rural building with slightly odd electrics, and have always had buzzy monitors in the past. This is clear as a bell which is great. I haven't anything to say about the build quality, nothing is irritating about the product.

It is worth mentioning that the monitor only cuts in if it 'hears' a sound and then that sound is maintained, so I thought it wasn't working at first. This means that you can't hear your baby breathing if that's important to you (it was for our first baby, but a bit more confident with number 2 so not necessary!). The unit also appears to have a slightly smaller range than our very old Tomy unit, but I'm talking about range outside of the house.

I would certainly recommend this product.

Since posting the review I see that people say you can't change the sensitivity - I can on my unit... you just press the 'up' arrow to increase the sensitivity and the 'down' arrow to decrease it. Although I can't hear my children breathing (as I could with my older monitor) I can hear them when they are making quiet sounds. Maybe those people who can't hadn't discovered the sensitivity controls.
33 Comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2012
This was purchased on price and this is not always the best way! It was purchased to monitor a sick elderly lady who sleeps most of the time and it was hoped it would allow her husband time to tend his garden as a break from close attendance. It worked ok in the bungalow but is not effective outdoors, even though the garden is quite small. In view of this I think a more expensive unit might have been the better option.