on 7 November 2012
Received item next day.
Plugged it in it was set up and working within seconds.
It has paired with HTC phones, iphone, ipad and nokia navigator without any problems.
Good connection distance is approximately 5m.
Just a short while after the Bluetooth speaker boom, these little adapters started to appear on the market. This was a revelation as you could now enable wireless streaming to your existing home Hi-Fi or active speakers, and at a fraction of the price of a half decent tiny Bluetooth speaker.

The unit comes well packaged in quite a large enclosure (Just over 9 inches as per photo), and it took me a while to locate the perforations on the rear in order to open the case.
You get practically everything to get you started: 3.5mm stereo to dual RCA plugs, UK power supply with around 1.5m of cable, a multi lingual "Getting Started" instruction booklet, and a "Safety Regulatory and Warranty" leaflet. However an RCA to RCA cable is not included.

So how does this Logitech stack up against the ever-growing Bluetooth adaptor market?

Pros:
○ Sturdy build quality with rubberised anti slip pads
○ Easy to setup, and you could be streaming from practically any device in a jiffy. The Logitech sports just one button on receiver (for pairing), and an intuitive multicoloured LED light
○ Connectivity options. The adaptor has 3.5mm and RCA output jacks. Most only offer the 3.5mm jack. RCA to RCA would give best results
○ Very good Range. The range is better than most. (Maybe this has got to do with the size of the unit, as it is around 5 times larger than the others I reviewed)
○ Respectable brand name

Cons:
- Receive only. Most offer Transmit / Receive option
- Cannot run on batteries thus limiting portability of this BT receiver

As with 99% of Bluetooth adapters (and speakers), there is a certain degree of compression. Audiophiles will notice the slight degradation in quality, yet they would probably need to do comparisons between direct and "through Bluetooth" in order to really pick up the difference in sound quality.

Having said that, I find that the sound quality is exceptionally good, not to mention the ability to have internet stations streamed to your Hi-Fi.

A definite keeper.
review image
on 2 January 2012
I have this connected to an old kenwood amp and b&w speakers. It is a very cheap way of streaming music to a non Bluetooth hifi in a way that is compatible with lots of devices. Once paired with devices it is incredibly easy to reconnect. The main advantage for me is being able to listen to music through the laptop whilst still using the laptop to browse the Internet. The only drawback is the output is lower than for normal audio devices so you need the volume higher than you would whilst playing a cd and the sound is a bit flatter than cd quality. It is not an audiophile solution but for under £30 if you have a separates speaker set up you can now use it with your mobile devices. Just don't do what I did and compare cd tracks to streamed tracks back to back as it will disappoint.
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2013
I was initially very pleased with this purchase. It is small, looks neat and is very easy to set up. It is also very easy to pair with many bluetooth devices such as laptops, phones and tablets.

It is also easy to switch between different devices unlike what has been said in a few reviews I have read. Once a device has been paired with the adapter, the device will remember the adapter. All you need to do is turn on your devices bluetooth and click on the adapter when available devices are shown. To switch between devices, you simply turn off the bluetooth to break the connection, and then connect with the other device. (if that makes sense!)

It also has better range than I was expecting. I found it worked up to about 10m ( a bit less through walls)

The problem with this adapter is that I found it greatly reduces sound quality producing a muffled sound and slight buzzing at higher volumes. To be honest, I expected this as the adapter is only £25 and a bluetooth connection is never going to be as good, quality ways as a cable connection but I thought I would try it anyway as it was getting good reviews and no one else seem to mention poor sound quality.

Depending on the quality of speakers (or even the accuracy of your ears!!) you may not notice any drop in sound quality, which would make this a good purchase for you.
on 24 March 2014
I bought this to pair it with a very high end pair of B & W speakers. It was connected to my Windows Phone to stream tracks mostly encoded in 256kbits

Advantages:
Range - the adapter continued to work even in another room
RCA output - Easy to connect to amp
Sound quality - whilst it is possible to hear the difference between wireless and cabled, it is hardly noticeable

Disadvantages:
None thus far

The issue with Bluetooth compression was admittedly noticeable, however this is a problem that affects all Bluetooth transmitters.

It arrived quickly and was packaged well. In the box was the power supply, a basic user manual and the transmitter itself. There was no RCA cable included, which was disappointed.

Overall, this is a great Bluetooth receiver that was easily worth the money
on 1 March 2014
It works as expected. Allows me connect my PC to the hi-fi system remotely, and with very good sound quality. No problems or issues. Shows as a bluetooth headphone device on Windows 7. I've set it as the default audio output device, but when not connected the laptop switches automatically to the internal speaker.
on 5 May 2013
Bought this with the main intention of connecting it to my hifi, Id say I was a semi retired audiophile cos I hate spending (wasting) big money on audio equipment these days. However I still love good music and sound quality and I wanted to listen to music straight of my phone for the sheer convenience, as my amp hardly ever gets used now. I was not expecting the sound quality to be amazing but still I wanted it good.

I love the sound on this device I think it sounds better than my airport express I had and that had a very nice sounding burr brown dac in it, and its much better than using apple's horrible software. Easy to connect my phone to and a great price too, I am delighted with this receiver.

Tried it with my audio technica ath-m50 headphones along with my marantz amp and tannoy speakers to get the best possible evaluation of it. I compared this to another Samsung hs3000 Bluetooth receiver but the logitech was overall a better presentation and much more enjoyable sound. These are two totally different products but my intention for them was the same.

Also just for the record its much better sounding than the Avantree Roxa as I tried that too, the logitech gives music more life and is more dynamic,

its not perfect as it gives me a bit hassle sometimes with the blutooth signal and the lip sync isnt always perfect with youtube, but its still better than the airport express and for the money I am beginning to really love it.
on 5 March 2014
I had been considering the purchase of a blue tooth speaker for my Ipad. However, whilst idly surfing the Net I discovered this little gadget and I'm very glad I did as I am now able to play the Ipad wirelessly through my Home Cinema surround sound system. Set up was dead easy, the Ipad found the adapter immediately and sound quality is excellent - though it breaks up occasionally if the Ipad is moved from room to room (but you don't need to do that if you simply want to listen to music).
I would heartily recommend this product and it was so much cheaper than the blue tooth speakers I was originally considering.

Go for it
on 22 January 2013
Works without fuss. It's great to stream sound from phones/iPads/laptops to the good stereo. I've found no problems with range, with my iPhone in a dock in the kitchen and playing to the next door room.

One star off for not being able to change the name of the device. I would like one of these in my children's bedroom and another downstairs. If I buy another I'll have 2 devices with the same name. I've searched Logitech support forums and there isn't a solution.

Apart from that niggle, highly recommended.
I love my CD collection, I love my CD player -part of a now very aged Sony HiFi that still produces a wonderful warm and well-balanced sound. I am reluctant to get rid of it even though I now only use the CD player and not the radio or only half-functional twin cassette deck. Truly an icon of the millennium year!

Logitech to the rescue! This neat and wonderful gadget has brought my dinosaur up to the modern world in one step. I already have my entire CD collection stored on a 32Gb SDHC card Lexar 32GB Micro SDHC High Speed Card with Reader - Class 10 Extreme Speed and used in my Blackberry Bold on a daily basis, linked to my car audio and transforming my commute to and from work with a wonderful random play of all my CDs.

With this adaptor plugged into the old RF audio sockets inthe back of the amp, I can now use my Bold at home through the HiFi, and with great effect. There's an irony that sitting next to the HiFi are the 400 CDs now stored on the tiny card in my phone, being played via bluetooth back into the stereo!

On a practical level this works very very well. Pairing took but a moment and the adaptor recognises my Bold as soon as I ask it to connect to it, and then the light goes to green for go. The connection is strong and there have been no break-ups in transmission over several hours playtime at a time. Being permanently plugged into a mains adaptor means no worry about battery charge remaining and having to recharge. It's neat, smart-looking, unobtrusive and efficient. Worth paying the few quid more over its competitors I think. It seems faultless. The lead supplied is at least 50cm long and plenty long enough for convenient placement of the unit on top of your stereo or on an adjacent surface. I'd have liked to have seen this information on the site -it is not there- so here it is.

Apart from rejuvenating my beloved HiFi this gives me the ease of control that a mobile phone media player affords, and will transform entertainment as I can set up a playlist for any occasion and use that instead of constantly changing CDs.

Highly recommended.

AA

UPDATE MARCH 2015

This gizmo is still working perfectly and keeps my 15 year old and obsolete but very loved stereo in frequent use -courtesy of bluetooth. Now streaming Youtube and any of 32 Gb of music form my latest Blackberry, and doing it perfectly. A great gadget.