Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 18 May 2012
Two supremely talented cellists who create wonderful soundscapes on their instruments - slow and sensual or fast and furious, they can do it all. This CD just leaves you wanting more.
on 9 June 2014
I'm telling you now, these guys are amazing. Unlike other artists who have turned classical music into rock, these boys do the reverse and bring the classical into rock. I hadn't heard of them (yes I must have been living on the moon) until someone posted their massive hit single Thunderstruck to facebook, and my goodness, I could not believe my eyes or ears. And yes, go check them out on YouTube and prepared to be smitten. I have absolute cello fever and cannot get enough of them.

I've yet to see them live, of which I am determined to one day (their gigs sell out quick) as everyone I have spoken to who has say it's a memorable moment of a lifetime. Go on, what are you waiting for, go and watch them on youtube...
on 12 April 2014
Saw "Thunderstruck!" on YouTube and researched the group. What a wonderful duo, I'm "Awestruck" at their versatility.
Have now bought loads of their discs and thoroughly recommend them to all my friends and relatives.
on 10 January 2012
I've stumbled upon these 2 fabulous musicians by chance, like many others on the internet, due to my love for rockers & the famous crossover violinist David Garrett...glad I've given them a chance because they really rock (excuse my pun ;-P)!
As another fan told in another review, the beauty of them is to blend together so perfectly & apparently effortless sound, with just 2 cellos, it's unbelieavable.
It seems to imagine a good orchestra behind them that instead simply isn't there: but I prefer it simple & purely straight to the point like this 1 is.

I guess this is their highest value as originality: not even Garrett played it the same way (I like of course also his approach), & again, even if a friend showed me his older Apocalyptica cds to explain me that they've not technically invented this genre, I still think their touch is unique.
Last but not least, I've liked their musical personal choice about the tracks to cover in this album, because it's a beautiful mix of heavy rock & softer pop tracks, so nobody will be disappointed (special mention for that super & dark version of Smell like teen spirit) or bothered (because it's only for classical lovers).
If you like to recognize a typical arrangment & instrument that sounds like a voice, just go for it because this is for you too!
on 6 June 2014
Husband found these two gentlemen on the net and they are brilliant, we need more of this kind of playing of classical instruments to encourage young children to take up instruments.
on 9 April 2012
I knew about these guys the day they appeared on YouTube and I am still proud of their success. Many musicians have tried to perform some kind of cross-over music over the past decades, but many of them fell to succeed because they wanted to release an album "just because it's hip". 2Cellos have added the crucial ingredient in their cross-over music: passion. They are so passionate and perfect in what they are doing and that's why you can't help yourself but stick your ears to speakers until the CD is over. And then you want to listen to them again :)
The album itself could have been produced with more "power" in their instruments, but is still very pleasant to listen to. I've heard many of their collaborations later and I know that Luka and Stjepan tend to choose their cover songs very carefully, dropping songs that doesn't show the passion among two classical instruments, no matter how they love them personally. Can't wait to get their 2nd album!
All in all, this is not an album that you would put in your player on a rainy and lazy Sunday afternoon, because you can't simply listen to it with just one ear. Those guys will suck you into your CD player, making you feel like you are having a 2 cellos party in your living room. Amazing experience!
on 21 April 2013
Such talented cellists! Some great, well known tunes you can sing along to including Smooth Criminal which they performed on Glee
on 12 May 2015
Amazing cellists. Look at formal youtube videos to help you make your mind up before purchase. This album has 12 tracks - all good- but for me 3 are absolutely outstanding and I play them very loudly over and over in the car. Enjoy !
on 15 January 2016
Some melodic tracks that are good, don't think the frenetic works on a cd, needs audience or visual. Think the recording is not as good as it could be, ie reverberating cello.
Talented pair, look forward to hearing more.
on 16 June 2014
Accidently came across the Croatian lads on Sky Arts 1 when channel hopping.
You really must get the DVD to appreciate them at their very best.
These are tracks from the concert, but studio recorded.
They've toured with Sir Elton John and now are just rocketing skywards.
I really hope they tour the UK soon.