on 14 July 2012
Prior to purchasing this item, I had read a great deal of reviews and found them all to be extremely positive. However, I noticed a tragic lack of reviews concerning one particular application of a male-targeted shaver- that of the nethers.

It's wonderful that we can express our joy at having tidy beards to make a lumberjack envious, or hair so short we can feel a calm summer breeze gently caress our heads, but there are those of us who have decided that taking care of our all-important lower man-garden is a task worthy of equal importance and dedication. I know you're out there, metrosexuals of the world, and this review is for you.

It was clear that with this operation, I was dealing with a very professional, powerful and versatile tool. And then I received the product. It too was very impressive- a sleek design, lightweight, but possessing a decent feel of durability. Not wanting to wait any longer before embarking on my quest to vanquish my mighty man-muff, I popped on one of the many available adaptors and got to work.

What a delight! Set to the brave yet austere length of 2mm, the razor sliced effortlessly through the fields of unruly hair like a bullet train through urban Japan at midnight. Continuing my endeavour, I gracefully cleared the entire area in no less than 40 seconds- a time that proved so impressive that I decided to move North to the shagpile rug that had taken up residence upon my stomach many years before. Success again! Another 20 seconds of effort and everything matched up wonderfully.

To date, this is the only area I have focused on. Though for other appearance-conscious chaps out there, I see no reason why this razor could not declare war on the hair of the back, chest or the mighty buns.

I have been very impressed with the performance of this product, and would strongly recommend it to any other man who values letting his lower region breathe like Egyptian cotton.
88 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A well-presented and useful package, this little trimmer works well. This is not a face shaver, but is for trimming, and as such it does the job well. It was a breeze to shave off my two week beard in order to take a summer holiday in the sun.

This cordless shaver is charged from a holder, and comes supplied with a standard UK 3-pin plug. The holder holds the shaver, plus two additional tools. Charging is simple, and the shaver simply lifts out of the charger for use. The travel pouch is a nice touch, as is the cleaning brush. The simple user guide is easy to follow.

Cleaning is straightforward. The electric unit is not water resistant, but the various tools can all be washed/rinsed in warm water and then used once dry.

I am particularly impressed with the nose/ear hair removal tool, which is very effective. No more painful tweezing for me! And, for those who understand (!) the nose tool makes a satisfying noise as it zaps a hair.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Philips QG3250 is a good price for a men's multi-grooming kit to keep your man trimmed to perfection. It's designed to create any style you fancy, from the dishy designer stubble to smooth, close shave sexiness. I let my old man `borrow' this and he loves it so much he has it plugged in, ready to go all the time.

Not only does this include a 9 position beard and moustache comb (a personal favourite of his) it also has nose, ear and eyebrow trimmers (very handy also, I'm told), a mini shaver to finish his style of beard off with precision and accuracy, and hair clippers in 9 different lengths. Oh, I think this is his new best friend!

What is particularly nice about a gadget like this, is that all trimmer kits have been designed to be simply washed under a tap, which makes cleaning a no fuss, quick routine. This really does combine a complete set of grooming tools and it can be used plugged in or cordless to suit your needs. Plus I've been told another bonus is how it helps to be able to shave every day without getting sore, which is down to the way the Philips QG3250 has been designed with rounded edges on the blades and combs to reduce sharp edges and minimise skin scratches or irritation. A brilliant idea!

Honestly, this has so many pieces to it, you wouldn't believe it, and they all come in a nice soft case to keep all your bits together. There's also a base to keep the shaver and nose/ear trimmer in one place.

Oh, and *whispers* it works like a dream "down there", too. Goodbye bushy thicket and hello weeded male garden. Nothing says "I love you" more than a good dose of thoughtful TLC down south!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found that this item pretty much did what it's designed to do, but not particularly well - very much a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

It's obviously an attempt at a budget grooming kit, but it doesn't really perform well enough to be used for anything other than a quick tidy-up. The trimmers and clippers don't really trim particularly evenly; and the foil shaver does not shave close enough - even on small areas I had to re-shave with another shaver or blade.

The one function which I was happy with was the nose, ear and eyebrow trimmer. It was really useful for dealing with these annoying hairs with tend to spring up overnight.

It's marketed as a 7-in-1 tool, but the seventh, as shown on the list on the box, is the charger (and the pouch) - a bit of a liberty, I'm sure you will agree.

Finally, it takes a ten hour charge to give 35 minutes use. This seems to be rather inefficient, and certainly not particularly "green".

Overall, it's an acceptable budget grooming kit, but really only for running repairs, and its rather poor energy efficiency would rather dissuade me from using it.
VINE VOICEon 1 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off, I did debate for a little while on 3 or 4 stars for this item as it was right on the borderline. In the end I plumped for 3 simply because it does what it's meant to do without doing it spectacularly but it's by no means a poor product.

Straight out of the box, there's little or no need for instructions because it really is about as simple as it gets when it comes to using it. There's a little stand which doubles up as a charger, two trimming/edging attachments, one shaving attachment and a nose hair attachment. The shaving and nose hair attachments work very well and the trimming/edging attachments are adequate.

The last two items in the box are the guards to go over the end of the trimmers which can be adjusted to multiple different lengths. These work very well and while not as good as a pair of hair clippers they come reasonably close and are more than adequate if all you want is to give yourself a quick shaved head.

All in all it seems fairly solid but there are two main drawbacks for me which cost it the 4th star. The first one is the charging unit itself runs off a standard 3 pin mains plug, not a 2 pin shaving plug. This is fairly annoying because it means you'll have to charge and store it somewhere other than in the bathroom... The room you're actually like to use it in 99% of the time.

The second problem is that the trimming/edging attachments just dono't shave close enough. If you have a full beard and are looking to trim it then this product will do the job admirably but if you are going to be using this for precision lines on sideburns or goatees then they simply don't cut close enough.

Those two gripes aside, it's a decent enough product
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A great product for refined grooming.
The Pro's;
Solid build quality, well made and feels nice to use.
Easy to use, the heads change effortlessly and fit well.
Cutting quality is in my view the key. These foils / cutters give you a close shave / cut without nicking your skin or causing irritation or rash.
I found the nose & ear hair clippers the most useful tool and the best i have ever used.
The small foil is ideal for eyebrows and detailed work. The shaving foil is also very good but won't replace my main Braun unit.
The hair clippers i won't use as i prefer to go to a barbers for a main haircut but i am sure they will do the job if you have someone at home who can cut your hair.
The whole set even looks smart and the battery life is excellent as well.
The Con's;
The instructions are just a series of very small pictures which i found less than useless, but the whole package is easy to figure out anyway.
That is it, i can't come up with any other negatives which in its self is a recommendation.
Overall i like this and will continue using it. I am happy to recommend that you buy this as there is a certain satisfaction to feeling well groomed.
on 1 December 2012
You can always count on Philips on electronic products, this is simply great. I bought this as a gift for my brother and he loved it. He uses it almost every day without complaints and has complimented on the durability of the blade. 5 Stars.
on 23 February 2013
I would rate this clipper system as the perfect fit for the price paid - I trim my beard with it, and it handles both cropping and shaping the beard. I would say the small clipper attachment is much better angled for shaping the beard without a guard, while the big clipper does the job for choosing the length of what I leave on.

Points for improvement are probably that I'd like the 2 clipper attachments to approximate to the same length while cropping the beard, I've set it to 4 with the small attachment and had a nasty shock when it turned out cutting more off than I wanted. Another thing I'm less happy with is the mini-shaver - takes a long time to get the skin smooth and irritates my skin, I've taken to just running a razor over any parts I want baby-smooth.

The battery is holding its charge well, I only plug it in when the sound is noticably lower and I think that will help prolong its lifespan. The nose hair attachment is a bit of a novelty but is pretty effective. Not something I'd worry about if it hadn't come with the set.
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am reviewing this product on behalf of its recipient, my husband. He has suffered for years with various types of eletric razors, trimmers and the like that I bought him on countless birthdays, fathers' days etc. They have all been tossed aside in favour of a straight razor and throwaway varieties, with blunt scissors being used to trim his unwieldy moustache! - I always thought he was just set in his ways but he always said they just did not work. When I saw this rather new intruiguing model,I could not resist one more try to bring him into the 21st century of facial hair management. It sat in its box for a week, then two so I sneakily unqrapped it, popped it in its handy charger and lo and behold he emerged one day from the bathroom with a neatly trimmed moustached and sideburns I didn't say a word but it certainly looked a much improved version on his usual chop and tug. As the days went passed he seemed to be using it but it ws not until he complained that someone had unplugged it, that I new he was really pleased. he is now using it full time and I have thrown away the precious blunted scissors and straight razor. Thank you Philips for this genuine article that really works.I have a much smarter, hirsute husband.Philips QG3250/32 7-in-1 Multigroom Grooming KitHe has tried all the accessories and had now acuatlly voiced his total satsifaction. It has now become a bathroom "feature".
on 14 March 2013
This razor kit is a great boon for keeping yourself in trim. If for no other part of your body than your barnet, if you like a shaved hairstyle and you have a willing partner to do the barbering it means no more trips to the red and white pole!
Presumably if you like designer stubble it will work well, and if you want to remove unwanted body hair without looking like a plucked chicken, again this is the perfect item. The fully adjustable guards allow you to choose the length of hair that you require.
I am pleased to give this an excellent review and recommend the item, based on possession for about a month.