on 26 August 2016
I bought these as I wanted to take my tablet travelling and it didn't have any USB or SD card slots.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and these adapters can be quite temperamental. They are not always recognised and I have to try different combinations of taking them out, putting them in, turning the tablet off etc before they're recognised. When they are recognised by the tablet they work well and I have been able to upload photos onto my tablet and onto USB sticks to free up my SD cards.

They work with Extreme 3 and Extreme 4 SD cards and all USB sticks that I've tried. However, you can't use them with external hard drives that don't have a power source as the power coming from the tablet is not enough to power the External HD. I also can't charge my phone or anything like that off the tablet, but I think that's the tablet, not these adapters.
on 30 July 2013
I had some reservations about these adaptors, having read some conflicting reviews about them but for the price I thought I'd give them a try. So far I'm glad I did as they work flawlessly out of the box with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110.

I can't testify whether they will work with other 7.0 variants but would guess anything over P31000 should have no problems with them.

The sockets for USB and SD card are a bit of a tight fit but I don't see that as a problem.

The adaptors came in a security sealed, Samsung branded box bearing an official Samsung hologram. Each adaptor also bears the Samsung logo, so yes they are perfectly genuine products.

As for how they work... I tried a USB stick and an old SD card. Both were recognised instantly. When you insert the adaptor into the proprietary port, a message pops up in the notifications bar saying "USB adaptor connected". When a data stick or card are inserted into the adaptor, the "My Files" explorer is opened automatically in the root directory of the stick or card.

I erased a full 8GB USB2.0 data stick (using the adaptor) in under 15 seconds, so it's pretty quick. Navigating and viewing files via either adaptor is just as fast as if the tablet were accessing it's own built in SD card. My guess is that the proprietary port is USB 3.0 capable but don't quote me. I believe it's also possible to charge other USB devices from the tablet in this way but again, don't take my word for it.

I have yet to test any of my USB multi-port hubs with the adaptor. Guessing issues may be thrown up with certain hubs the same as they are when used with desktops & laptops., especially where power consumption is a factor; IE CD/DVD drives, external hard drives, etc.
Will test with my Samsung portable DVDR/RW drive & update this review when I have results.

Quality-wise, the adaptors seem well constructed & show no signs that they're likely to fall apart. They're slightly wider than the original Samsung Proprietary cable plug though, so if your tablet lives in a case, you might find the case gets in the way a tad, as mine does. Easy to fix; just trim the case with a knife! Hey-presto!

So far extremely pleased with these adaptors. They broaden the capabilities of the tablet no end. Would definitely recommend for P3110 owners!

Update
-------
The tablet (not the adaptors) does not support power-by-USB devices. This includes CD/DVD drives and you've guessed it, multi-port hubs. They show up as "Unrecognised device". This is not the fault of the adaptors. Its just the way the tablet was designed to run. Its no great loss really and considering what the tablets battery already handles, you really wouldnt want it sharing power with another device.
on 11 January 2014
a little misleading somewhere along the line, when we eventually received this it was only a USB adapter with no provision for SD which is what we particularly wanted, so we had to buy another adapter to accommodate the SD card, either it is advertised wrong or we only got on part of the package, to be fair to the company (it came from china) I emailed them in the first place to say we hadn't received our product and they apologized for the fact I had not received my product, and refunded my money, when the product did arrive way outside the delivery date I emailed them to say i'd received my product and as i'd received it feel free to re charge my card, alough I did mention the above point of no SD card provision , they did not pick up on this point but did say feel free to keep the product I had received so i'm still not sure if we were a part missing or it is advertised wrong, just really be aware, as it does come from china and it's probably not cost effective to send it back if it is wrong, stick to a product that is all in one, which we eventually bought
on 5 April 2013
I connected these items separately to my Galaxy Note 10.1 (Android 4.1.2)
The tablet noted that a USB connection had been made. So far , so good.
However, the indicator light on any flash drive placed in the USB socket showed a only brief flash, and subsequently its presence was not recognised in any File Manager. Thus obviously no transfer of data was possible.
I wasted a good deal of time experimenting and researching on various discussion forums, attempting to solve the problem. Suggestions on these sites included such ideas as reformatting the flash drive.
However, the solution for me was quite simple. Reboot the tablet! with the connector in situ!
In retrospect, I should have tried that much earlier. However, it would have been useful if that information had been available.
Samsung's website site was absolutely opaque.
It has not been necesary to reboot the machine when changing from the card-reader to the usb-connector.
Now all is working excellently.
PS. I think the tablet itself is excellent.
on 13 June 2013
I bought this pack of both the SD card and USB adapters to use with my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. After looking at cheaper 3rd party adapters I thought that buying a Samsung branded product would be a better option.

The SD card adapter worked perfectly first time and has yet to disappoint.

The USB connector has yet to access anything I have plugged into it. This is NOT the fault of the USB devices; all of them work perfectly with a cheaper adapter bought from Amazon seller Decrescent.Decrescent 30 Pin to USB 2.0 (Female) OTG On The Go Host Mode Cable Adapter Lead for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, 7.7, 8.9, 10.1, 10.1N & Tab 2 7.0, 10.1 Tablets (See description for full compatibility list)

A 50% success rate, hence three stars. It would have been 2.5 stars if there had been an option.
on 5 May 2013
As I recently bought a Samsung 7" Tab 2, to replace a previous one I bought & gave away!!!! I needed the usb adapter kit, for the use of my memory cards & sticks. The item is good value, works well.
The delivery was very prompt & as normal, the service from Amazon is the best so far

I will & do recomend, any one new to on line shopping to use Amazon, I have been & still very happy with all my purchases since I started, got good value for money, & best of all the superb customer service staff, who are very polite & they do go that extra mile out of their way to help to correct any problems to your satisfaction. My rating is 5* all the way.
Keep up the good work, & my sincere thanks to one & all.
on 11 May 2013
This is a good product and works very well with using sd cards, external hard drive and other items with it, the only downside i could come up with was the thing of how far it sticks out, especially the usb connection with usb cable for the hard drive connected, BUT for the functionality it provides a small sacrifice. There are other cheaper connecters out there available from here and the bay BUT the build quality is a world apart and i've personally seen them fail on others tabs so BUY ONCE BUY RIGHT!
on 20 January 2016
Works perfectly, I was using a cabled USB adapter but the cable was a bit annoying. I have used both the card and USB adapters in Samsung galaxy Tab 2. 10.1 and 7". Although I have some problems with the connection on the 7" but this is a faulty connection on the tablet. great price for a Samsung adapter.

Did you know that In Hawaii... All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
on 11 December 2012
Before these adaptors I ordered two cheaper ones. Their quality (especially the pins)was terrible and I returned them back immediatelly without even using them once. There is no point to take the risk.

On the other side these are much more expensive but the quality is great. I wish they were sold seperately because I only needed the usb one but anyway I highly reccomend them.

PS. I ordered them from MyMemory since when I placed the order it was only available through them. Let me say congratulations on MyMemory on the really quick delivery time (4 days to Greece) and really low shipping costs. Come on Amazon. You used to be as quick. You can do it again.
on 16 March 2013
I returned this product to Amazon because although the SD Card Reader worked fine the USB reader did not. The replacement from Amazon arrived really quickly but that also had the same problem. After a LOT of research on the Net I discovered that the Note has to be rebooted to get the USB Stick/device recoginised.
I will keep this product but I will raise the problem with Samsung.

Apologies to Amazon but it wasn't really my fault.
PS I used the "Drop & Collect" Service to return the "faulty product" - brilliant service!