on 1 October 2012
Before buying this product I used a flexible rubber bluetooth keyboard, it didn't hold it's charge and was not very responsive
I had looked around for a long time at different cases / keyboards until this caught my eye, it looked simple yet stylish and looked like it would complement my tablet which lives by my side most of the day
When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised by it looks, the brushed metal finish looks very smart, definitely NOT out of place on my desk at work, the keyboard is nicely spaced and the keys require just enough effort for you to know that they are working properly, my only gripe here is the left and right cursor buttons seem to over-react and you sometimes jump past where you want to be, not enough of an issue to mark it down
The keyboard connected to my tablet almost instantly and has not yet dropped the connection. I have not counted the hours of use but it takes some serious time to wear down the charge on the keyboard and as it starts to drain you get a noticeable drop in responsiveness, so just charge it back up (which doesn't take long via a USB)
The tablet is secure in the holding tray with substantial enough support to enable me to put the tablet vertically whilst reading without any stability concerns
Only thing I would change is to add a delete button to make life easier when working with word documents

All in all a great product and highly recommended

PS forgot to say, the tablet clips securely into the keyboard surround and is very secure
11 Comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 26 July 2011
The Galaxy Tab USB adaptor is small - about 25mm x 40mm - with a Galaxy Tab connector on one end and a USB A socket on the other. I've tried the adaptor with USB memory sticks, mice, and a keyboard - all worked except for the keyboard which the Galaxy Tab reports as a high power device.

Plugging a mouse in causes a mouse pointer to appear on the screen - and from that point on its just like using a mouse on a regular computer. You'll probably want your tablet in a stand for this - either the tablet is (nearly) flat on a table or your knees right in front of you for touch use, or it is on a stand so that there is space in front to use a mouse. I use a Griffin A-Frame which is designed for the iPad but works just fine for the Galaxy Tab in Portrait or Landscape, even with the USB lead connected.

Plugging in a USB memory stick causes the stick to be mounted on the tablet's file system. The Galaxy Tab reports the connection and leaves a USB symbol in the lower-right corner of the screen. To unmount the memory stick you must touch this symbol and then click on the pop-up. Once the memory stick is unmounted you get a message telling you that it is safe to remove it. While mounted you can browse the contents with applications like AndExplorer or FileExport. If you put media on the memory stick then the media scanner will (eventually) pick it up and make it available to the appropriate media player applications.

Note that the USB socket is very stiff, so I recommend you remove the adaptor from the tablet before plugging in or removing anything from the socket.

The only disadvantage with this is that there is no way to supply power for high power USB devices, which in turn severely restricts what you can connect. It may be possible to plug in a powered USB hub and then plug high-power devices into that, but I've not tried this and of course you won't want to lug a powered USB hub around with you. A solution that allowed you to use the Galaxy Tab's own charger would have ben really neat - and for that reason I'm only giving four stars.
1818 Comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2012
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110

This arrived within 1 day in a massive cardboard box, 90% filled with crumpled paper.

The unit itself looks good and feels well made. It has a Lithium battery which is charged with a supplied lead (normal USB to micro USB)using the galxy tablet. The tablet sits sideways and fits perfectly. There is a small stand under the back of the keyboard which helps to stabilise it. It communicates via Bluetooth so can be used with the tablet attached to the keyboard or separate.

The battery was partly charged when delivered and following the simple instructions it was paired to the tablet in a few seconds and once paired is recognised each time.

The keys feel good and operate some of the tablet's functions. When not in use the keyboard clips over the face of the tablet to give it protection during transit.

A well thought out and wel made piece of kit
88 Comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2012
This keyboard (upon which I type this review!) is excellent. Very good quality, nice looking, and easy to use. As a bonus, it protects my screen (but conveniently leaves space to plug in the charger or headphones, or to use the on/off and volume buttons!), so even when I don't intend to use it to type on, I don't go anywhere without it. Cannot recommend it more, and really cannot understand why the alternatives from other brands seem so much more expensive.
on 2 December 2011
Can now do all the things I wanted to do with the Galaxy Tab but thought were not possible. Fits into the charging socket of the tab and means I can now transfer SD card info both ways and attach USB devices using the two different adapters in this pack.
on 9 July 2012
OK, given that the Samsung Galaxy Tab is equipped with only a proprietary, multi-pin connector, getting data on and off the tab is going to be problematic. Granted, the USB cable that comes with the Tab allows you to connect to any device with a female USB socket, but what of USB sticks? What of SD Cards and Micro SD cards? The only way you have of accessing those with your Tab is to download from the external memory onto your laptop and then from the laptop to the Tab (and vice versa).

This product gets around that problem. You are provided with two adapters - each about 1" square and slightly slimmer than the Tab itself. They are shiny black and Samsung branded and each has a little cap that protects the Tab jack when not in use.

The USB adapter has a Galaxy Tab jack (male) at one end and an aperture at the other for a USB stick. Plug the USB stick into the adapter an then plug the adapter into the Tab and the Tab will show the USB stick (in "My Files") as a separate directory. Transfer to your heart's content. Great huh?

The other adapter also has a Galaxy Tab jack (male) at one end but it has an SD Card slot at the other and you access your SD Cards using the same procedure as with the USB adapter.

You ALSO get something that looks a bit like an SD Card but it has a slot which takes Micro-SD Card and can then be slotted into the aforementioned SD adapter (are you keeping up?) so that your Tab can now access USB sticks, SD Cards and Micro SD Cards. Just to be clear, the contents of the pack is as follows:

1 x USB (female) Adapter
1 x SD Card Adapter
1 x Micro-SD => SD Adapter Card
1 x Instruction Booklet

Now all of this is great. You can now expand your Tab's memory practically infinitely and read/write USB sticks and check out your holiday snaps. BUT it does mean that your Tab now has a small handful of accessories that need to be carried around (I also have a wireless dongle and a stylus) and which will no doubt get lost, nicked or eaten. Why couldn't Samsung just have provided the Tab with a USB slot and an SD Card slot to begin with? At the very least, these adapters could have been provided with a lanyard loop to keep them a little more secure...
1212 Comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2012
Took a chance on buying these for my Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0 and happy to confirm that both adaptors work fine. Don't know why Samsung didn't include USB and SD card reader as standard though.
Hope this helps other potential buyers.
Quick delivery too.
11 Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2012
Recieved today and tested very quickly. Thus far, I found them to be very simple to use and all tests I have tried work fine.

I am able to insert a variety of sizes of SD Card and access the photos I took on my digital camera quite easily. I was able to copy some from the SD card to the tablet and vice versa.

The USB connector has also worked fine with my 32gb USB key and I was also able to transfer files to and from this. I have also connected successfully to my (powered) USB hard disk. Only comment to echo others is the USB slot is pretty tight so it's easier to connect your device before you connect to the tablet.

Things I still plan to do is see how easily I can match a movie file directly from both an SD card and a USB key but even if this doesn't work, it would still be a simple matter to copy directly to the tablet and view from them.

Overall, it's given me the additional flexibility I wanted from the tablet so I can recommend the device.

Should I find any downsides, I will post again later.
on 30 December 2011
At last some stuff to add space to your 10.1 Tab, although I cant understand why Samsung left out the sd card slot, still these little gadgets work great, add up to 32 Gig storage SD card, or USP stick I have to say it makes all the difference having all that extra storage, and not having to buy a bigger tab each time you need more storage, like you have to do with iPad, once you have a 16Gig iPad you are stuck with it, or buy a new bigger iPad.
33 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2011
These adaptors are essential for the Galaxy Tab - they should really be supplied as part of the basic kit!

One thing to note - plug your USB device into the adaptor before plugging the adaptor into the Tab. You'll put less strain on the socket in the Tab that way.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse