on 6 January 2012
I have just purchased the Mighty Bright Miniflex Light, best thing I have brought for the kindle. Gives you enough light to read in the dark without disturbing sleeping hubby. I fold back the cover on the kindle case and clip it on the back, so it doesn't cover any of the book, a problem some people had with it. Light is not too bright as some people have said, I found it a comfortable light to read with.
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2011
This item was purchased as a present with my new Kindle. Perhaps I have been unlucky and got a duff one but the light works when it feels like it which is rarely. After inserting batteries supplied, it did light up, both lights, and I thought that it was working properly and switched off. That was the first and last time that it worked as it should it generally refuses to switch on when required and if it does there is only one light not two. Last night I gave up trying to get my Mighty Bright light to work and reverted to reading by normal bedside lamp. I had put the clip on light on a bedside cabinet and about half an hour later it switched itself on, just one light, but then it would not switch off. I think this is an overpriced piece of Chinese rubbish and would not recommend it to anyone.
44 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2012
I'm not sure why the one-star reviewer had such problems with this light, because I have found it to be perfect for the purpose. It provides exactly enough light to read my Kindle in the dark and has a small "lit area" ensuring that it doesn't disturb one's sleeping partner. It is really flexible but once's it's in the right place it lights the whole screen anyway. Great product, my husband liked it so much I had to buy him one too as he kept stealing mine!
on 15 July 2012
Having purchased one of these lights a friend of mine brought it round as I was interested in one. We both initially found it quite handy. I was loaned it three weeks into its 'life' and was disappointed when it seemed to dim. There was no getting away from the fact that it was in need of new batteries so soon!

This was a major flaw as it was really bright and was so easy to clip on to the Kindle whether it is cased or not. The owner was not pleased at all ans was able to return it. Shortly afterwards I saw a similar light in Poundland of all places. For the sake of a pound I though I would give it a go. Four weeks later it is going strong and bright as ever. The adage of 'you get what you pay for' seems somewhat redundant here.

I know many of you will have read the many positive reviews and perhaps rubbish this one, but hang on. I am NOT saying that all these lights are faulty or of no use, the many positive reviews prove likewise. My point is that the one we tried was useless.

Why not try the £1 one at Poundland first if your not satisfied, then there is little to loose, you may never know what your missing. It was cheap and from what we experienced as bright as this one...
on 23 December 2013
I cant imagine why I have waited so long to buy this. Had it half a day now and could not live without it. Takes me back to being a child and reading with a torch long after my parents went to bed!!! brilliant gadget and so worth the money. No need to go into the spare room or downstairs now when I wake in the night. Can stay cosy in bed and read to hearts content without waking the other half. Its so light and yet the light it radiates is so bright but only "fits" the size of the kindle screen. thanks!
on 24 December 2013
I bought this because the original light I bought failed and this works well. Only two slight design problems - I have a cover on my kindle which makes it a bit thicker and it's tough to fix it onto the edge - also it is a bit unstable on a table you have to get the light in exactly the right position otherwise it tips over.
on 15 February 2015
This is the second clip on light i purchased. The previous one was cheap, so fell apart quickly and the light was not intensive enough. This one has good quality plastics and the light is very intensive. Expect changing batteries fairly often though. The switch should work a bit smoother and maybe be positioned on the clip rather than above the bulb to make it easier to switch on with one hand..
on 13 February 2012
At first I was delighted with this item as it gave a good reading light and for the first time in years I was able to read in bed without disturbing my husband. However the battery life is non-existent and the light began to dim by my third reading session. Having to continually change the battery is a real pain and I have decided to invest in a cover with built in rechargeable light.
on 25 September 2015
I had to buy this as i brought the wrong Kindle... No back light..? and as i can't yet see in the dark, didn't want to keep the missus awake, i brought this.. Excellent little light.. battery last ages... good for working on truck engines in small spaces..? not what its designed for but it works.
Impressed.
on 15 March 2013
For me, this is one of those things you buy and then wonder how you ever managed without it. I initially bought it for my Kindle, but I have also clippped it onto books, a lap tray and my filofax - basically, it's great whenever you want to cast a small pool of bright light for close work such as reading and writing, and there is something reasonably firm to clip it onto. It is also very light in weight and it does not make a book or Kindle feel any heavier. The light is very well balanced, and it will even stand up by itself on a flat surface and act as a small standalone bedside light or whatever.

I have found it to be highly adjustable and solidly built. Changing the batteries is easy and the replacement button batteries are wideley available. I'm glad I avoided the many cheaper versions, this light to my mind is well worth paying the little bit extra.