Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 January 2014
Imagine my surprise when I went into my local health food store and bought 500g for £1.30! Better than half price. Look else where.
11 Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2015
Put the corn in a popping machine purchased from John Lewis. The kernels popped but were almost inedible as they were chewy/soft and stuck in the teeth like no other popcorn I've eaten. Sorry, but I'm feeding the rest to my hens which is about all they are good for. I've since purchase popping corn from another source and that turned out well - crunchy - as it should be. Very disappointed.
on 6 November 2015
Unfortunately I have now realised that the kernels are stale even though the expiry date on the packet says sept 2017. This is the second time I've tried to pop them and they taste very stale. Won't be buying these again
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 June 2016
I bought this to use with a popcorn maker.

There are so many brands and types on offer with mixed reviews so to say I was confused would be an understatement.
I opted for this one in the end due to the weight and cost and I am glad I did.

I have found this to be very popular amongst my daughter and her friends as well as my adult friends when we are sitting around with a few drinks and snacks.

If you are new to using this in a machine I would say be careful how much you use the first time as it is very deceiving. We had popcorn flying all over the place when the bowl was full and spilling over.

There are a few kernels that slip through but that happens with any popcorn I have ever tried so I wasn't disappointed and it wasn't much.

What I have found great is making up a batch of popcorn and then adding different flavouring into individual bowls such as salted caramel sauce.
I just heat the sauces and stir a small amount through and attempt to leave them for a while before serving but this usually doesn't happen because as soon as the popcorn is smelt within minutes it has disappeared. They don't even object to sticky fingers through not waiting.

I don't use oil with this in my machine which I like and I haven't tried cooking it any other way.

Definitely recommend this.
review image review image review image
on 27 October 2016
This is a pretty good bargain, but really, for the amount of popcorn we go through in this house, we are still looking for a real deal. This works out to be about the same cost as a few bags of Whitworth's in the store. It's not the best popping corn, but it's reasonably okay.
on 23 March 2016
AH! and there I was blaming the popcorn machine I ordered, oops! The popcorn is nasty, the popcorn is dry, its a waste of money. No matter how much salt or sugar I put on this popcorn, its still the same - nasty! Save your money and go to your local supermarket.
Its a bag of popping corn, Not much can go wrong with this - only if they become sout of date and stale, but these were great and were t purchased when ordering a popcorn machine online.

A whole lot cheaper at your local shop, but you are paying a premium here for convenience and just making sure you can use your popcorn machine as soon as you can get it.

Healthy and tasty​
review image review image review image
on 18 January 2017
I had never made popcorn in a pot until I bought this. What a lovely surprise - so easy and the popcorn was yummy when I added some salt! Such a big bag too - would be great if it came with a resealable sticker!
on 4 October 2016
- The bag it came in was not sealed, various splits, cuts and damage to the packaging.
- The kernels look stale.
- The Popcorn tastes stale and resemble polystyrene, regardless of Air/Pan +- Oil popping.
- 50% of the kernels dont pop (indicates stale kernels with < 10% moisture)

Now I have the fun task of sending this back for a refund.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 16 December 2012
Bought myself a corn popping machine, thought that it would keep the grandchildren amused (and me). We had a lovely time popping the corn as well as eating it.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling