on 18 January 2014
Imagine my surprise when I went into my local health food store and bought 500g for £1.30! Better than half price. Look else where.
on 7 November 2015
Put the corn in a popping machine purchased from John Lewis. The kernels popped but were almost inedible as they were chewy/soft and stuck in the teeth like no other popcorn I've eaten. Sorry, but I'm feeding the rest to my hens which is about all they are good for. I've since purchase popping corn from another source and that turned out well - crunchy - as it should be. Very disappointed.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 June 2016
I bought this to use with a popcorn maker.

There are so many brands and types on offer with mixed reviews so to say I was confused would be an understatement.
I opted for this one in the end due to the weight and cost and I am glad I did.

I have found this to be very popular amongst my daughter and her friends as well as my adult friends when we are sitting around with a few drinks and snacks.

If you are new to using this in a machine I would say be careful how much you use the first time as it is very deceiving. We had popcorn flying all over the place when the bowl was full and spilling over.

There are a few kernels that slip through but that happens with any popcorn I have ever tried so I wasn't disappointed and it wasn't much.

What I have found great is making up a batch of popcorn and then adding different flavouring into individual bowls such as salted caramel sauce.
I just heat the sauces and stir a small amount through and attempt to leave them for a while before serving but this usually doesn't happen because as soon as the popcorn is smelt within minutes it has disappeared. They don't even object to sticky fingers through not waiting.

I don't use oil with this in my machine which I like and I haven't tried cooking it any other way.

Definitely recommend this.
review image review image review image
on 6 November 2015
Unfortunately I have now realised that the kernels are stale even though the expiry date on the packet says sept 2017. This is the second time I've tried to pop them and they taste very stale. Won't be buying these again
on 16 February 2013
Never would have thought that making popcorn ,without salt&butter, could taste so good !....I also bought the organic popping corn & even though it was more expensive ,the seeds weren't as big as this one...I have already gone through 2 kilo's in less than a month!..If you have a popcorn maker at home, don't worry if some of the seeds don't pop...you can always put them back in to the machine and most of them will pop the 2nd time around.
Since I am very happy with this product ,I see no reason to try another brand.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 January 2016
Its a bag of popping corn, Not much can go wrong with this - only if they become sout of date and stale, but these were great and were t purchased when ordering a popcorn machine online.

A whole lot cheaper at your local shop, but you are paying a premium here for convenience and just making sure you can use your popcorn machine as soon as you can get it.

Healthy and tasty​
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon 5 August 2015
Big bag of popping kernals for a decent price (beware of very low cost kernals). Good quality, I'm rarely left with a lot of unpopped kernals. I make my popcorn in a large pan (with lid on) with a splash of oil. Hardly takes any time at all to make a big batch. A small sprinkle of salt and its perfect with a good film. Its also far and away better than the mass produced packet or cinema style popcorn (with its sickly smell and sticky coating). This is real popcorn, great smelling and crisp.
on 23 November 2015
Nice flavour, but they have a weird texture. I can't work out if they're stale or something. They're almost chewy.

There also very very expensive compared to what you can buy in grocery stores, which isn't very good given the poor texture.
on 22 April 2016
I don`t know if it`s the air popper or this product which failed but using Fairtrove Retro Healthy Popcorn Maker you only get a small amount of popcorn out of each batch most of the corn is not popped (old maids) and is ejected as duds.It tasted stale and unpalatable.
on 15 November 2014
Fab fun with the children, especially if you own a saucepan with a glass lid!!
1 tablespoon of oil, add couple handfuls of corn, place on high heat, keep moving & shaking the saucepan and watch it magically fill up!!!
Makes the house smell amazing.
Best topping, generous sprinkle of vanilla sugar. SCRUMMY!!