on 7 March 2015
It's alright.

The only thing that really irks me is the quality. It really just jumps all over the place. Some of the clasps are fairly easy to lift without being too easily taken off yet some require a lot of force and can hurt due to the cheap plastic. Tilting is fine and kinda smooth, but turning left and right isn't. It's stiff and if you don't put quite a bit of force on it, it just stops. Even with the handle which tightens it TAKEN OFF it's still way too stiff. The little springy metal nub on the mount often gets stuck and scratched the bottom of my camera. I swiftly removed the rubber top and removed that thing. Moving the camera up and down is fine. The metal strips which hold the legs seem thin compared to the tubes themselves and they feel sharp. The plastic is very cheap feeling. Upon inspection there were little marks like chalk on the tubes, which I did clean off easily thankfully.

Despite that you get a quick release, just pull the lever and you can remove the camera along with the mount bit attached. Portrait mode, self adjusting rubber feet, a spirit level and it goes pretty high too. It's a rather light tripod as well.

You get what you pay for. Don't expect it to be great because it certainly isn't. It does the job of staying still so I can take a still picture/video and that's all I'll ever need for now. If you need it to do more then look for the more expensive options as they do it so much better.
on 6 March 2015
Product is excellent for the price. One advise to future buyers as I wasted quite a bit working it out and had to go through the Q&A page, the detachable base to screw to the camera has two standing out bits. One is the screw which fits to the camera the other is an apparently fixed stud which makes it impossible to fit to camera. It is a retractable one but in my case it was hard to push back (as well as not being mentioned anywhere in the instructions). Had to force it down quite a bit to unblock it and I only tried that after realising it was retractable, this maybe obvious to experienced users but as I never used a tripod before I wasn't sure and last thing you want is to damage something. Otherwise great product I won't penalize the score as the above is just a missing in the instructions in my opinion,
on 30 August 2014
This is a very well made tripod. Strong construction with a level indicator on the top, and a hook at the bottom if you want to add weighted support. The tripod comes with a small keyring torch, microfibre cloth, and a carry bag. There is also a handle built into the tripod. The rubber feet also swivel about for added grip. For the money this is a very good product.
on 8 July 2014
I purchased this item for my galaxy camera. Upon arrival the item was far better than I was expecting. The build quality is very good with the tripod being sturdy. The legs have self adjusting feet which is great for uneven surfaces. I particularly liked the ability to raise the centre bar with the handle to my eye level 5ft 11. All in all a great item for the price. I would definitely use this for a DSLR.
on 27 September 2015
On the second use, one of the legs became detached at the hinge just beneath the had.
Not damaged, poorly handled & I am an experienced user of tripods so while this was intended as a low-cost, simple item for backpacking, it's simply a very disappointing use of my time & money.
This is currently being sent back for a refund.
on 9 March 2015
When arrived looked sturdy and good quaility
When took outside - bit of wind and the thing just collapsed and smashed my Iphone attached to it - not impressed!
However the seller was quick on the email, providing a full refund and explanation that this model is lightweight one.
I therefore put 4 stars due to applausing this customer service second to none! You can rest assured that your customer satisfaction is guaranteed or money back and alternative offered! Great, thank you!
on 28 June 2015
This is EVERYTHING!
I was worried by how cheap it was compared to other ones but this does the job!
I use it for both my DSLR nikon D5300 and my samsung DV300F. It has no trouble handling both.
I left this review really late as I had bought this product last year and it still works like a charm. Not a single fault with it.
Would defo recommend this to a friend.
on 3 February 2015
Very good Tripod for the price, has everything one need including struts between the legs and a hook for adding weight if required.
Legs are out of aluminium and the fixings are out of plastic
I love that the feet are on ball joints and therefore will adjust to uneven surfaces.
The actual plate which holds your camera is square which means you can fit your camera out by 90 degrees and use the portrait axis to point your camera either to a top down or straight up position.
Came with an excellent carrying bag, a lens cloth and a mini LED torch.
At this price it was a steal. Only downside I found is that there are some imperfection in the plastic and the hook for adding weight is also plastic.

Would recommend this in a heartbeat to anybody who looks for a budget tripod
on 2 October 2015
Amazing product does everything I want.
The downside. This has nothing to do with the seller.
This item was shown as elegible for Prime so on Monday 28 I ordered 2 items one arrived as supposed to on Tuesday but tripod did not arrive until Wednesday outside Prime terms.
Also given the size of the tripod box the packaging by Amazon was appallingly large. About 4 times bigger than it needed to be . Now gone for recycling!
review image
on 10 October 2015
Much much better than I thought it would be and perfect for me as I could not afford to spend a lot for one and for me I feel I have got a lot for my money. Also purchased one for my son and like me he is very very pleased with his.