Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case feels reasonably robust. It's a flip up design, with a thin pocket behind the cover. The main unit houses the iPod via a plastic frame that it slides into. This is one of the design issues. Although this give a solid hold to the iPod, it also impinges onto the edges of the screen meaning some things are hard to touch on screen if they are near the edge, as the frame gets in the way. Not a massive issue if you just want to clip it in to the case and listen to music, but a bit of a pain if trying to use it when in the case for games etc.
The belt clip is removable, and attaches to the back of the case via a round plastic post, that protrudes from the back of the case by about a centimetre. For this reason it's a bit annoying when not on the belt clip, as it gets in the way slightly.
If you want a case that will remain on a belt clip and will mostly hold the iPod without it being used for the screen, then this gets 4 stars. if you want something to use as a standard case for various use as well as on the belt, it's a 3.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Exterior - smooth black leather but there is a metal label with amazon basics on the front which is quite heavy branding for me! The clip on the back seems sturdy enough so far, made of black plastic - but quite bulky. It does come off easily (press of a button) but then you're left with a button on the back of the case. Interior is fine - all the right holes etc and a grey fabric. There is a small pocket in the interior front flap.

This is basic but sturdy - great if you want your iPod on your belt - the black is a bit macho for me but maybe they have other colours...
on 19 February 2015
This is an excellent product, reasonably priced, decent padding and holds the device securely. Amazon's own brand is excellent value signifies what an excellent idea it is to grotesquely exploit your work force while paying the minimum taxes. Double whammy was invented for this - pay no taxes and benefit from a government subsidised workforce. Well done Amazon!
on 28 October 2013
It's a brilliant little case, but it has a belt clip bit on the back that doesn't come off. I've tried it when running and it's good for that, but when your not using it, it gets in the way so much. To be clear I'm not talking about the clip I'm talking about the bit that's left when you remove the clip.
VINE VOICEon 17 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Great fitting case for iPod. This is almost perfect, I love the case itself, well made, neatly manufactured and sturdy in it's construction. If I have to be really picky, I don't like the belt clip. It's a bit clumpy for me. I took it off the back and there is still a big connecting piece on there. It's only really an issue if I need to slip it into a small pocket of my handbag so otherwise it's not a problem. I think the clip itself is clever enough, if I wore a belt it would fasten nicely and turn to a variety of angles to allow me to use the phone, text etc however I'm sat, stood or whatever. I think that was well thought out and a useful feature.

If I had to buy another, I'd happily have this model again, it does fit brilliantly, is neat, tidy looking and does protect the iPod really well. Overall I think it's a winner.
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was pleasantly surprised when this turned up. I expected something "economically" made out of poor materials but what I actually got was what looks to be, to all intents and purposes, a premium product. Made of leather with good quality stitching, and even a pocket sown into the inside front, this is the absolutely perfect home for an iPod Touch. Nice one.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This iPod case from Amazon Basics, was so nearly great. The magnetic front flap keeps the screen of your music player protected. There's a lovely, grey, felt-like finish on the inside which keeps the body of your iPad scratch free too. There are holes in all the right places giving access to the ipod and the only thing that lets this beautifully finished leather case down is a whopping great belt clip on the back.

The clip is humungous. It's ma-hoosive! It's a big, ugly, plastic thing that's about 2 inches long and works a bit like a clothes peg or bulldog clip - being spring loaded. It's directional and can spin 360 degrees, clicking round into 7 different positions before it returns full circle - allowing you to mount your iPod on your clothes or bag (or anything else) with ease no matter the angle of the pocket or bag strap.

The clip, as I said, is huge; but it can be removed with the push of a button. However, you're then still left with the big plastic bit it attaches to sticking out the back of the leather case. This is fixed to the main case in a quality way though, with a nicely sewn on leather covering holding it in place. In fact, the whole thing is very well finished and put together - but that still doesn't change the fact it has a massive chunk of plastic jutting out the back of it.

This belt clip, for me turns and sleek and sexy case into and monstrosity. And, even though it can be removed (sort of), because of that I'm only going to give it 2 stars. If you want a case with a good solid clip though, it might be perfect for you. Me, I want something that will slip into my back pocket with ease and not hurt my bum if I sit on it. I've always hated belt clips and if it wasn't for the stupid one on this case I'd give it 5 stars.
VINE VOICEon 1 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This phone case is designed for the iPhone 4 or 4S.

The actual case itself is made out of that 'faux leather' that seems so prevalent nowadays and it's OK but obviously not a patch on genuine 100% leather. Overall it looks pretty basic and is definitely designed for function rather than style.

The phone slots in through a little gap in the top leaving the whole screen open once you flip the cover open and it also has a hole at the back for the camera. The actual belt clip is two seperate peices. The first piece is sown into the case and is plastic connecting device that allows it to slot onto the belt slip itself. The clip simply slides into the connector and clips in place and is released by a button and you can rotate the the connection through a full 360 degrees at any time. To clip onto your belt or such you simply push the clip open as you would a clothes peg.

Overall the whole thing seems pretty well made with a nice strong plastic for the clip and solid stitching on the leather but there are some drawbacks. First one is that the camera hole is kind of pointless because the clip does appear in shot if you try to take a photo so you need to take it out of the case. The second problem is that the clip mechanism is a flexible peice of plastic and to start with it is very stiff but the nature of it means that over time it will loosen and eventually snap.

No idea how long that would take but I suspect it would be the first thing to go and at a guess i'd say this has a life expectancy of 1 to 2 years. May not sound great but i'm sure the new iphone would be out by then and a different shape anyway so overall this is pretty good value for money.
VINE VOICEon 16 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Up until now I've been using a gel-like back cover for my iPod. However it doesn't really protect the screen, nor does the fading luminous blue look very nice. Amazon Basics leather case does look nice and it protects the screen.

It should be noted that the case comes with a large belt clip on the back. If you are looking for a flat-backed case to slip easily into your pocket you could resolve this and do what I did - unstitch the clip and throw it away. This also takes off the little bolt on the back. However, if case mutilation is just too much you may want to look elsewhere.

If you're after a sturdy case and like to have it clipped onto your belt then this is a great investment. The clip is sturdy, solid plastic that I can't see breaking.

The case uses magnets to keep it shut and features enough space around the edges of the case to use the volume controls easily and do not impede your typing. It has also got a hole in the back so you can use your camera (if you have one) without removing the removing your iPod.

I did not like the belt clip (obviously) but I do like the case so 4*
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2013
Another great product from this amazon range, I really like this one for my iPod touch 4G. It offers good protection and covers front and back and is easy to flick open to view the screen, the stitching is very high quality and the silver embossed logo on the front gives it a classy touch, no pun intended.

No gripes with the protection and I'm glad it has a hole for the camera but my one bug bear is that the mechanism for the belt clip doesn't actually detach from the case itself so if you don't use the clip you've still got the nut protruding a few cms, rather annoying and I found this was the cause of a lot of pain in tight jeans in let's just say sensitive areas! Cracking case otherwise, very pleased hence 5 star rating.

See one answered question