on 5 September 2013
"...and yes, it's a diary of a sort of sonic journey around America. [...] It's another record from Gorillaz, but I don't think you could classify it as THE NEXT Gorillaz album." I just quoted Damon Albarn from one of his interviews (French one, you can look it up) and this album is exactly what he says it is.

Short, very interesting tracks that flow fluently from one into the other and have a very distinct American feel to them that is transferred via musical samples, instruments and lyrics. The album definitely doesn't go whole hog with guest appearances, orchestras, fancy equipment or heart-stopping back-up vocals. It's 2D's album: simple and melancholic. And many reviewers seem to have overlooked these facts.

I had to listen to it several times before I actually got the feel to it and it grew on me. Tracks like Revolving Doors, The Joplin Spider, The Snake in Dallas and of course, the highlight of the album (imho) Amarillo - are very, very captivating. I bought the CD copy which was also available as a free MP3 download and I feel that I've done the right thing. I really hope Gorillaz continue making music!

About the physical copy of the CD: it comes in a thin cardboard case, inside it you are given information which musical instruments were used, who performed the and wrote the songs, where and when each song was written.
on 27 April 2014
For me The Fall works in a similar way to Tubular Bells or a good soundtrack album. It rolls along nicely in the background and occasionally grabs my attention in a great way. It seems the polar opposite of the hit laden debut Gorillaz album, and a long way from the kid-friendly band I think it was originally intended to be, but don't let that put you off. Albarn succeeds in combining the unique and often bizarre sounds of actual and virtual instruments to build an experimental success. It feels more raw and personal than Plastic Beach which is nicely captured in the cover artwork.
I hope that one day Albarn & Hewlett will resolve their differences and bring us more projects of this great ilk.
on 22 December 2017
not their best output
on 13 February 2018
Great!
on 1 September 2017
Top product, great sevice.
on 24 April 2018