on 7 March 2013
This is a great, cheap simple phone to use. If you want to make calls, text and take pictures this is what you need.
on 16 August 2017
excellent phone very easy to use.
on 9 June 2017
great phone
great price!!
on 28 July 2017
nice pocket size phone, easy to use.
on 11 January 2013
In a nut shell, I can't believe some of the negative reviews of this phone, it's brilliant. I'm a tech savvy electrical engineer and wanted a replacement for my Nokia 6230i but not a smartphone. Why not a smartphone? I want a phone with buttons, doesn't cost hundreds to replace if I drop it and lasts more than a day before it needs charging. I also don't want to have to respond to emails instantly or post stuff on Facebook (people really do need to get a life!).

Pros:
Costs less than a hundred pounds.
Made of plastic, but the best plastic and build quality is excellent.
Battery lasts 4 or 5 days before it needs charging (I have blue tooth on all the time for my car kit).
Pairs with my car's hands free kit perfectly and the voice recognition system is brilliant.
3G if you desperately need the internet.
Alarm - You can set a wake up alarm, turn the phone off & it'll wake itself up in the morning & wake you up.
Press any button to snooze the alarm (you don't even need to take the phone out of your pocket).
Totally configurable joystick & option buttons
Excellent speakerphone.
Excellent call quality & signal strength.
Texting and making calls is a joy.
Large font option makes seeing all your contacts a lot easier.
You can copy your MS Outlook calendar and contacts to the phone. I copied 693 contacts to the phone just to see if it would do it and it did but then I deleted them because I considered it a security risk (phone's own memory used).
Nokia sync software actually works.

Cons:
No WiFi
Camera poor but I only use it to photograph price tags on things am thinking about buying at the DIY store.

As you can probably guess, I really like this phone, it's not a smartphone but it's for smart people! :-)
33 Comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2012
I was recommened to purchase by one of my Grandsons after he did some research for me. I am so pleased that he came up with "Nokia C201 Sim Free Mobile". I have found it much easier to use than my previous Nokia and there is a more interesting Menu. The only thing that I find at my age,79,is trying to learn the playing rules before playing a game; would it not be a good idea to print them in the book enclosed.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to express my satisfaction.
on 22 September 2011
I really like this phone. I am a bit biased as I do like Nokias in general, but the spec on this phone is just right for me and it does everything I want it to do. The Camera is really clear for a phone and I have bought a data cable so that I can keep the photos on my PC. The media player is good too. I like the menus and the buttons are easy to use. I like the conversation view for texting which I did not have on my old phone.
on 9 March 2017
Unfortunately, this was not a new phone as advertised. When the date was inserted a message came up to say "restore complete". I was suspicious when I saw that the battery was already in the phone.
on 1 June 2017
the phone didnt work and wasnt new as advertised. returned it for refund
on 30 March 2017
This was exactly what I had been looking for, an idiot proof phone. Having tried a couple of the new "smart phones" and spent more time trying to turn it on and find my call list ( installed by my daughter), than it takes to make the call I, I decided to go back to an original antique. To my surprise this phone proved to be not only easy to use, but is also capable of provideing a number of other services. PLUS 3G. My pay as you go sim card works. Success at last. Highly recommended.