on 20 February 2012
I initially had problems connecting the reader to USB 2 or USB 3 interfaces on my Windows 7 64 bit system. The device was not recognised properly in device manager and inserting a card (Silicon Power 8GB SDHC Cat 10) caused the system to hang. Ironically it worked fine connected to USB 2 on my Windows 7 32 bit netbook. Lexar have released a firmware update (Feb 2012 - UDMA7 firmware upgrade for Windows 7, Vista and XP). I have applied this to the card reader and the device now works perfectly.

I can also confirm it is supplied with a 1m black USB 3 cable.
88 Comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2015
It regularly throws up paging errors on multiple PCs. I had the reader replaced, so it's not a one off. I contacted Lexar who recommended a firmware update. This did not work. They asked me to let them know if I needed any more assistance. I obviously did as the device was still regularly failing. I received no reply. I have chased them several times and they appear to not be interested.

In my experience with two different readers, on two different PCs that both have no problems with another reader I own, I suspect this Lexar reader is not able to work reliably without paging errors. Maybe it's being missed as users are not noticing their error logs getting filled up with errors.

I am very disappointed with Lexar's lack of interest in this problem. I'd suggest this is definitely not a professional grade device, in my experience.
on 10 July 2013
I bought this product to transfer images from a CF card to a Mac.

I was able to transfer pictures successfully on a single occasion. A week later, I tried again but was unable to transfer any images. Subsequent attempts have been similarly fruitless.

I have since read about compatibility issues involving Macs. I would recommend any Mac users to research the compatibility of, and issues experienced by Mac users with, this device before considering any purchase.
on 28 September 2015
great for transferring files to PC, very quick indeed, it is USB 3, very speedy delivery/ service from company. Price was good as well.
Lexar is a very good make, will be using them again
on 29 March 2017
SO worth paying a bit more for this CF reader. hasnt failed me and iv used this thing A LOT. its probably transferred around 300,000 files for me in the past 6 months and never skipped a beat.
on 16 March 2014
I have used the same multi-card reader for years and a full 8gb card would take over 40 mins to transfer pics to computer. decided to finally try a new reader, with this lexar being much cheaper through amazon then elsewhere at the time, WOW much quicker, i am still only using this in a USB 2.0 port but it was still faster taking roughly 2 1/2 mins to transfer 3gb of pics. That will do for me and will help know end when i have a lot of files to transfer over.
on 13 March 2017
Great product, great value, highly recommended
on 8 March 2017
I now have two of these so I can copy SD and CF cards to my HDD array after a wedding.
Fast transfer rates and you can copy from the SD and CF slots simultaneously
on 19 June 2015
Excellent delivered quickly and is very fast at transferring 110 MB files from my Flashcard even a full card load
on 4 February 2015
Brilliant, fast and well made. Would love a version which you could stack like the old firewire versions.