Size: 15 Oz|Change
Price:£7.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 20 January 2012
Nutivia Extra virgin coconut oil is a well used health product. No Hexane Rich in Lauric Acid Unrefined & No Trans Fats A Soothing Body Oil Nature's Ideal All-Purpose Cooking Oil The Coconut Oil Myth Coconut oil was once mistakenly considered unhealthful. The fact is, this oil is cholesterol-free and rich in the medium-chain "good fats" doctors recommend. Why is it that baby formulas often include coconut oil? Because coconut is one of the world's most nourishing super foods. Nutritionists suggest enjoying up to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil each day, so help yourself to this heavenly, creamy taste of the tropics. Nutiva's Coconut Oil is: Cold-Pressed & Pure White: Not refined, deodorized, or bleached! Savor its naturally rich aroma and enticing light taste. Organic: So it's free from pesticides, GMOs, and hexane. Versatile: Ideal as a high-heat cooking oil (up to 350°), as a nutritious substitute in baking, as a "better-than-butter" replacement on bread, vegetables or popcorn and as a luscious oil for skin care, hair care, and massage. America Needs an Oil Change - While doctors suggest we consume a 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3, the average American diet provides a ratio of 20:1 or more - contributing to heart disease, skin disorders and arterial inflammation. So avoid out-of-balance soy, corn, and canola oils with their trans fats, oxidation and GMOs. Cook with coconut oil (with only 1% Omega-6) and use olive oil (also low in Omega-6), and hemp oil (with the perfect 3:1 Omega ratio) for unheated recipes. Not all saturated fat is bad! Coconut oil is cholesterol-free and contains medium-chain good fats with 50%-55% Lauric Acid-a healthy nutrient that supports the metabolism.
on 30 January 2013
Out of all the coconut oils I have tried- this is my favourite. It tastes the best, and smells the best. I use it with jam on toast, for frying, as a skin moisturiser, in the bath and as a hair oil before shampooing. This tub would last me about 6 months- with use everyday. It melts very easily too and has the texture of an oil, some I have tried have the texture of lard which is awful!
You pay for what you get
on 17 June 2013
Absolutely love this product. I take it orally on its own or in smoothies and juices. I also smother it on every part of my body, including my hair. It's cleared up my athletes foot and bleeding gums.
I'm sooooo much more energized and my skin looks fantastic. Can't believe I've never discovered this product before. It'll certainly be part of my every day routine from now on.
I also did ALOT of research before deciding which brand to purchase and this one consistently came out on top. Not just from Amazon buyers but in publications, clubs, websites etc.
One word of caution, I took quite a severe reaction to it...was quite ill for the first few days so I'd recommend small amounts in the first week.
If you're trying to decide ' should I' shoudn't I - go ahead, click the 'buy now' button and change your life! :)
on 16 July 2011
Very good coconut oil, will buy it again as soon it is finished. Did not find this quality in any shop or health shop. So thank you. I use it to fry, use it for my face in the evening (not too much) a bit in my hair, all very good.
on 15 July 2015
To set the scene my bathroom cabinet is groaning under the weight of lotions, potions, balms, creams, serums and anything else that I'm gullible enough to fall for in the beauty ailse that claims to make me look 15 years young, give me hair that would make Rapunzel jealous and the body of a 20 year old. I am a marketing persons dream - celebrity endorsement, I'm there. Flash packaging, I'm there. Buy one get one half price, you get the picture...

After reading about the benefits of coconut oil I thought, why not? I have been the owner of this little jar of miracles for about 4 days and I love it. The smell, oh the smell!! As a child of the 70/80's Bounty Bars were as near as I was going to get to a coconut - these were times when Findus Crispy Pancakes, Birds Eye Potato Waffles followed by a bowl of Angel Delight were considered a perfectly good meal for a 10 year old. I digress. It smells fab. I was a little dubious about being able to eat something you could also put on your face. Being a brave woman, I stuck my finger in and gave it a go. Taste is delicious.

So far I've used it as:

A lip balm - chapped dry lips gone within 2 days
Moisturiser - scaly lizard like shins are gone
Face balm - very small amount at night
Hair De-frizzer - again a very small amount to banish the candy floss look as soon as it drizzles outside.
Oil pulling - Google it - a bit weird, but you can do it whilst watching Will and Grace, so why not?

And did I mention the smell...
on 22 December 2014
I bought this for my hair as I read reviews on how lovely it is for your hair as a conditioner, I have to say used for this purpose for myself was lovely. It smelt lovely and left my hair very soft.
I warmed a little in the palm of my hand and massaged through the hair, careful not to put too much on the roots (like most conditioners it will make the roots greasy) run this through your hair, I left it to work for 15/20mins and then washed out.

Lovely stuff for this purpose, didn't actually use it for cooking so I can not comment on this side of things.
on 18 June 2015
10 Great British Pounds is expensive for any grocery item but your money is buying you a high quality product that tastes great and is good for your health so it's worth it. A little bit goes a long way.

It's also incredibly versatile. Add it to smoothies, replace butter, cook with it or use it on your skin and hair as a nourishing beauty product. I should highlight that if you're skin is is prone to breaking out in pimples (spots / zits), coconut oil is heavy and can clog pores so be mindful of that. I love using this as a hand moisturiser it's so nourishing and absorbs into the skin. It doesn't feel greasy or messy like Shea butter does.

This product is Organic and as pure as it comes, straight from the Coconut extracted without chemicals and free from any additives.

You can make it last too so it isn't really that expensive. Coconut oil will be a permanent fixture of my grocery list from now on. I am so glad I found Coconut oil!
review image
on 4 December 2013
I have been looking to buy coconut oil in bulk and this is the best I've found .up to now I have been buying coconut oil from my supermarket and it worked out very costly as I use it in most of my cooking . It has a long shelf life and comes in a resealable container .
It's a great product and very versatile , so glad I found it
on 16 September 2011
This is wonderful oil. Good tasting and wonderful smell. You can buy this with confidence. I will most certainly be back to purchase more as needed. I have been using coconut oil for years and this is the best yet. Don't buy from some of the sellers on here who seem to sell cheaper as the oil from them is truly inferior in my opinion.
on 3 September 2011
Full of flavour, remains solid at normal temps. a hit with all the family.
fast and on time delivery,will use company again.
ericj