Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.79

The Survival of the Soul by Lisa Williams, Hay House, 2011, 260 ff.

Further insight into the afterlife by a medium
By Howard Jones

The overall message from mediums, through their spirit guides, about the existence and nature of the afterlife is by now a familiar one. The detail may vary, but that variation is nothing like as extensive as the variations of religious scripture. Here, our author is an internationally acclaimed medium and clairvoyant. Lisa Williams was born in England in 1973, and her grandmother, Frances Glazebrook, was also a medium. Her knowledge of the afterlife comes from her spirit guides, of which there are three in particular, and from her own near-death experience.

I found her writing convincing and reassuring. Of course, there are always charges of fraud and deceit against such visionaries by those who continue to deny the existence of the psychic realm; but the empirical evidence for some form of continuing discarnate existence is overwhelming, and has come from so very many sources for over a century. The whole of Chapter 2 of Williams' book is devoted to countering Skeptics and Cynics. The description of the afterlife that readers will find here is certainly plausible and not at all in conflict with the latest scientific research. Like other books on this subject it encourages us all to live a life of peace, love and tolerance as far as we are able. These books on the afterlife endorse what the mystics had said for millennia about the need for us to be aware of our spirituality and to live our lives (in each lifetime?) accordingly.

I particularly liked the author's assertion that: `Your soul - not your consciousness or your ego - is the very essence of who you are . . .' because this distinguishes between the materialist view of mind as the workings of the brain and that spiritual component of every human being that gives us our morality and sense of the beauty of things. In Chapter 4, Williams writes about the difference between Religion and Spirituality; and Chapter 6 is an interpretation of the notions of Heaven and Hell found in many formal religions.

The remaining half of the book is about mortal death and the afterlife, with a chapter near the end on reincarnation. Overall this is a fascinating read and I must say I found it more convincing than a book of Sylvia Browne's that I read and reviewed recently, `Life on the Other Side' - but we won't know for sure until we get there!

Dr Howard A. Jones is the author of The Thoughtful Guide to God (2006) and The Tao of Holism (2008), both published by O Books of Winchester, U.K.; and The World as Spirit published by Fairhill Publishing, Whitland, West Wales, 2011.

Life on the Other Side - A Psychic's Tour of the Afterlife
The Afterlife Revealed: What Happens After We Die
1010 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2011
I have been waiting so long for this book and it has been completely worth it! I know there are skeptics, but this book fills you with hope and happiness that there is something else out there! I had instances where I thought someone may be communicating with me, but did not realise until I read this book and you described exactly what I saw! Mine was the sparkles out of the corner of my eye when I was really upset and it instantly calmed me down!

Lisa, thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this book! You have made my life so much more positive, and I now accept that things are the way they are for a reason!
on 18 December 2011
There is some fascinating information on the afterlife in this book, if not a little daunting. I believe Lisa is a genuine medium and I will be re-reading this book as there is a lot to absorb.
on 22 November 2011
I think you have to be a fan of Lisa's to read and enjoy this book because you need to trust that she is a genuine medium to appreciate it. The book answered a lot of my questions about the afterlife and explained many of the things I didn't understand when I watched her giving readings. It was written in a very articulate and easy to follow way and encourages you to look at your life differently and in particular view the worst tragedies in a more positive way.I highly recommend. How I hope Lisa will visit me in a dream one day!
on 28 July 2011
Didn't buy the Kindle version as Amazon tried charging more so purchased the paper back version instead. If you like books like 'A little light on spiritual laws' then this is a must for your collection.
I feel every word is right and from the light.
I have just started listening to a Pod cast from Lisa and WOW. She sounds sooo hot and gives me goose pimples!!
Enough of that and back to the book. I keep reading a paragraph and skipping back to read prior sections to ensure it's gone in properly.
If your humming and 'rrring' BUY IT!!!!

Lisa ..... "wow"

Very good book - Best book in my collection!!
on 24 June 2011
this is quite simply the best book ihave read . Easy to understand and answers all the questions you may have
on 10 October 2013
A book which although I read all the way through, I would not read again. The author comes across as completely self-absorbed and I found nothing of substance in this book to help with my healing process after a close family death. Other books have at least tried to make sense of death and dying, This is so far into the realms of fantasy that I just kept thinking 'Oh yeah'. Don't waste your money if you are looking for answers to life after death.
I am glad I read other, more enlightening books first.
on 13 May 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in what happens to us when we die. Lisa explains very clearly the different stages that we go through which she gets from her guide. It's a book I didn't want to put down. Other books I have read and found very enjoyable to are, Dr Eben Alexander - Proof of Heaven, this was written from his own near death experience, Dr Brenda Davies - Journey of the soul, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross - On Life after Death. All of which I have enjoyed reading.
on 7 April 2011
IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS OF THE AFTERLIFE I RECOMEND THIS BOOK IT WILL CHANGE YOUR OPINION COMPLETLY WORTH EVERY PENNY HOPE LISA WRITES MORE BOOKS ON THE SUBGECT I WOULD BUY EVERYONE .
on 31 March 2011
This book feels right, it is well structured and answers questions with what really makes sense when it has been put into words. Thankyou Lisa, I look forward to the rest of your books :)