Customer reviews

Jack Whitehall Live [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 18 May 2017
Good value for money and as always Jack Whitehall is hilarious! A good way to spend an evening.
on 3 May 2017
Hilarious!
on 27 October 2017
Very funny man.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 February 2015
Jack Whitehall is one, if my not my favourite young comedian on the scene today, and this, his debut comedy DVD which became a number one best-seller, never fails to give me a belly-ache of laughs.

As a rather flamboyant straight-man myself, I can certainly relate to his stories of how he tries to be 'on of the lads', but just can just never pull it off. Other topics covered included the Jeremy Kyle show, the things that happened to him whilst he on the train, having sex with girls in his parent's house, Glaswegians, and all of it delivered in his lovable, theatrical style. Hilarious, emotional and very self-deprecating, the man's a genius as far as I'm concerned.

The DVD contains an interview with Jack's father Michael and an "Untitled Vampire Project" audition as special features, both of which are worth watching. I highly recommend Jack's latest release Jack Whitehall Gets Around: Live from Wembley Arena [DVD] as well.
on 1 October 2015
About as funny as a fire in an orphanage, absolute drivel from one of the least funny `comedians` in the world, it makes Al Murray look like Hancock and THAT`S saying something. The only way I would advise you to get this would be if it was recorded on a rewritable disc, at least that way you could go over the top of it. It is probably required viewing for someone booking into Dignitas. Why am I not able to give it no stars?
on 12 November 2011
Went to Jack Whitehall-'Let us not speek of this again' in Nov 11 at Hammersmith. I did not have high hopes as i assumed he was more panel show than stand up but i am happy to say i was completely wrong. Jack is a immature manchild moving into manhood so he gets material from the best of both worlds. His material is better than any of Michael McIntyre or Jimmy Carr's shows yet Jack improvised spectacuarly making gut wrenchingly funny references back to certain characters in the audience. Yet above this he just has a presence and a way of saying things that can make anything funny. I have watched a lot of comedy shows/dvds and by a country mile this was the best one, it is a year early but it is a definate pre order! I hope you found this helpful :)
55 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2013
I bought this DVD, without having any experience at all of Jack's live shows. I had seen him in Fresh Meat, which I loved and Bad Education, which I hated, so I decided to take a chance with this DVD. I thought that the first part, with his dad, was a bit boring and it seemed to go on and on, without any obvious purpose or relevance to the actual show. I nearly turned it off there and then, but I decided to stick with it. However, once that ended and Jack came on stage, I was hooked and I couldn't stop laughing for the whole of the show. He has a very manic and fast-talking style and he reminded me of a combination of Michael McIntyre's manic energy and Rhod Gilbert's ranting and shouting, though his material was much more diverse than that. I thought it was the best stand-up DVD that I have seen for a long time and, if you loved him in either of the two TV shows I have mentioned above, then you will certainly enjoy this. I am now awaiting his next live DVD with much excitement and anticipation. Four stars from me, for this superb and hilarious DVD. I would have given it the full five, but I have deducted a star for the rather dull monologue from his father. I still recommend it, though and it is well worth buying. Great stuff.
on 4 February 2014
This was a present for my daughter who loves Jack whitehall, it arrived on time and in New condition, and has had my daughter laughing many many times.
on 10 May 2013
It's pretty damn funny. I'd seen some of the content already, but I guess that's just because I'm a follower of Jack Whitehall and watch a lot of shows he's involved with. I personally think he's funnier on chat/game shows and dramas however, I still love this DVD and recommend it to others. Great buy!
on 29 January 2014
DVD arrived in good time in excellent condition. Never seen a DVD with Jack Whitehall in standup and was not disappointed, love the introduction by his Dad who is a comedy legend and should have had a career in stand up.