on 23 August 2014
Bought for my 1yr old daughter but immediately monopolised by my 2½ yr old son. This watermill has been an icecream maker, a coffee machine and a petrol pump, amongst many other things in my son's bath time games. Both kids fascinated watching the wheels turn and working out how much / how fast to pour to get the wheels spinning fast. Very well built, suckers very strong, never fallen or slipped at all. Would definitely recommend.
My son, who's two, loves this watermill and that's normally good enough for me, but I also have to look at toys from a practical perspective and the fact that this comes unstuck from the tiles almost daily irritates me slightly because it seems to be such an unnecessary design flaw.

The construction of the watermill is very good, it's sturdy, the colours are good, the fun factor is definitely there but the 3 suction cups on the back are just plain awful. Why on earth Gowi haven't done something to remedy this (seemingly) common complaint is beyond me.

The issue with the suction cups is that they're too flat and the rubber is quite unforgiving, especially when/if they become misshapen. If the manufacturer just changed this one element of the design I'd change my rating to 5 stars in a heartbeat.

When it does stay attached to the wall it gives him enormous pleasure and it's a real joy to see how he learns what effect water has when he pours it into the funnel. The wheels spin, the seesaw rocks back and forth and then he squeals with delight.

There's nothing more satisfying than seeing a happy child at play; it's just a shame that I'm usually sat there waiting for the moment that it falls off the wall.

One tip I can give is to ensure that your tiles are spotlessly clean and smooth and free of soap build up/limescale (which can be deceiving on white tiles). I've found this method to be a moderately successful workaround and perhaps it's not such a bad thing if it helps to encourage me to clean the bathroom walls more thoroughly ☺.

As the title of the review says "Good, but could be better".

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and if you've found this review to be helpful please click on the button below.
on 13 March 2015
Bought this as read other reviews & hoped it would be indestructible..however after 8 months mh 2 year old has totally pulled it apart..which actually isn't bad going for him.he's pretty Rough on his toys..really puts them through their paces..this did not pass his test..but for a more docile child it would be perfect..
on 28 April 2014
Good fun but make sure you fix it high up on the bath side and don't put too much water in the bath as the bottom bit won't work!
on 19 April 2016
I had to change the rating as this toy is very very annoying. I love it until I come to attach it to the tiles. Despite swapping the suction cups around I still end up with only 1 working. Reallt bad.

This is one of those toys that you hate to love, let me elaborate; the plastics as the main body seems to have been manufactured to a very good standard. The cogs are solid and sturdy, the toy doesn’t seem fragile, one that would break upon a intense banging etc. I love that about it and the colours are nice they get along.

The main problem of this toy and before buying I read someone’s comments about this as well is the suction cups. The suction cups are of really poor quality. This toy has 3 of them, 1 at the top near the first cog (exactly where the little hole is) and two at the bottom near the cogs as well.

When I tried attaching the toy the top one doesn’t latch at all. The good thing is the suction cups aren’t permanently attached so you can take them out and swap around, which what I did, however I still ended up with 2 suction cups latching rather than 3. This spoils the whole experience.

The other thing is even the ones that do latch the connection is not as strong as it should be. If you end up pouring a lot of water really fast into the funnel the suction cup detaches from the tile. Save yourself some money and a lot of patience and get something else instead
on 8 April 2014
My 9 month old son is fascinated by this colourful and robust toy; fully supervised of course, but then again all his bath time is fully supervised.
It sticks firmly, with its 3 suckers on the back, to the inside of the bath for him to be able to interact with it or to the tiled wall (if you want it higher). He is pretty rough with it and doesn't manage to pull it off the suckers. He does manage to pull the top green funnel off very occasionally (trying to see where the water is going in), but it clips back in simply enough and he doesn't break it. The top water wheel gets up some speed, but when his little fingers go exploring it stops without resistance.
A brilliant purchase which holds back the occasional tears of a tired bath time baby!
on 4 July 2014
Robust and study this is a great bath toy. My 19 month old daughter loves it and my problem now is getting her out of the bath. The only downside I see is the fear of her falling against it (even when totally supervised) as it would could be quite hard and sharp (sharp is maybe not the best word but there are pointy bits to it) - but in no way a fault of the toy or construction.
on 10 April 2016
Fascinating bathtime entertainment for a youngster! It attaches to the bath side by three sucker pads, two near the bottom and one near the top, so consider the depth of the vertical plane of your bath for fixing those to and how much water you fill the bath with to be sure that the lower wheels are not impeded. Fill the hopper with water (it leaks a bit but not spoiling the effect), open the sliding vent and the cascade of water spins the top wheel, fills the see-sawing tub and then spins the lower wheels. No issues for the investigating child's fingers though you may have the full time occupation of topping up the hopper to keep the action going for the younger child..........but we do these things for them, don't we?!!!
on 10 June 2014
My 18 month old son loves this watermill. He quickly learnt how to tip the water in, he loves putting his toys in the cone at the top and also the suction caps are very strong, even when he pulls it never works free from the bath. Love it!
on 24 December 2015
My 2 year old loves this. As soon as i showed him what to do, he was chucking jugs of water into the top soaking the place. He does not really understand pouring slowly for optimum effect, but he is young. I would make the suckers wet and stick it to the bath when not in use so it dries somewhat and gets a good grip as it can slip when attaching whilst using the bath.