This is a good basic introduction to concepts of mindfulness, with a slight twist, as it also weaves in principles from the Law of Attraction. It's sort of like The Secret meets The Power of Now meets a hint of Buddhism and Taoism (and I didn't even like the first two books, but I liked this one)

It doesn't really say anything new, but what he does say he says very well. I've read things in this book that I've probably read in fifty other books, but someone he's managed to convey the idea in a way that made it clearer to me.

In summary, the essence of the book is that happiness can be experienced within yourself, regardless of your external circumstances. You achieve this by shutting off your internal monologue, letting go of your attachments, and focussing your awareness on the present moment without labels or judgements (but he says it better than I have just done). Once you connect with your internal happiness, all good things will be attracted to you.

I found the five year plan a bit disappointing - but that may reflect a personal bias. I liked the parts relating to meditation, and getting beyond the material and external circumstances - but then the five year plan seemed to whomp you straight back into the material.

Overall though - essential condensation of mindfulness. If you haven't come across these concepts before (or in some cases, even if you have) this seems a good place to start.
on 21 June 2017
Ok
on 16 August 2013
This is very easy to read and understand. I have read a lot is self help stuff but this is very easy reading for somebody starting out.
on 22 February 2015
This is a very worthwhile book!
on 27 October 2013
Was recommended to buy by a friend and it really has helped me. It all makes sense, have used to change my thinking at it really works.
on 15 January 2013
I have read numerous books while on my own journey, this is by far the most rewarding book I have ever read. The book is so readable and makes so much sense. Highly recommend this book to everyone who would like to improve their understanding and experience of life.
on 4 May 2013
I have already spoken to quite a few people about this book yet I only just finished it the other day. I read the lst page then closed the book, sat back and felt really good a positive and couldnt stop smiling, feeling like I was looking forward to something. Two days latere I still feel the same. I have made so many notes and feel that these notes are going to end up being so very prescious. Yes I do love the book
on 14 March 2013
Very clearly explains the ego, how it sabotages our higher self goal of true happiness. Lots of wisdom in this book, great tips too. Stay connected!
on 24 April 2017
As suggested by title
on 12 March 2013
I think this is the best 49p I've ever spent.
This book is concise and makes so much sense.
I have been meditating for some time now and I started incorporating the methods of what the book says, which has been of enormous help.
It's such a positive wise book. I particularly like the explanation of manifesting your desires by giving it some thought through meditation and then letting go to carry on living in the moment. It just made so much sense compared to all the other manifesting books, which tell you to keep living your desires as if they are all ready in your life. This means you are missing out on the here and now and focusing on what might be,which of course misses the point about mindfulness and letting the ego go.
I am re-reading this book as it is such a great read.
I feel so much calmer and tuned in since reading this book, which has just the right content. The author says what needs to be said without going over it time and again and padding it out like so many other goodwill and and manifesting books.
Thank you Andrew C Walton.