Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£22.99+ Free shipping

on 17 April 2013
in these times of austerity it is very refreshing to find a good quality product like the 25m Masterplug 4 socket extension cable reel for such a minimal outlay.

i purchased it for heavy use in my medium to large sized garden and it enables me to reach every corner with my desired power tool.

i highly recommend it and for just 16.99, you really can't go wrong in my opinion!
on 6 August 2012
Had this Masterplug extension reel for a while now and frustrated to see the price has dropped by £6. However I'm still content I got a good value product, as its well made from quality materials and has so far proved faultless in operation; being used most weeks. This is in comparison to the inferior quality Silverline reel I ordered before and returned shortly after, due to the 'safety gate' becoming stuck preventing anything being plugged in.
on 12 May 2013
Use for for power tools and lawn mower. Useful and easy to use, except when rewinding. I read on other reviews that rewinding has been improved by use of a guide attachment, but mine doesn't seem to have that facility.
on 4 July 2013
It is very lightweight which is an advantage in some ways, but it falls over fairly easily and the little handle thing is quite hard for my arthritic hands to grasp to wind it up, and I have to have a foot on the metal bar at the base to stop the thing from falling as I wind it. However, I might well buy another one if this one gives up!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 18 May 2015
My faithful old Black and Decker cassette extension finally gave up after a good quarter century of service. The wires had split inside right where they joined the hub, and it was impossible to get it open to repair. I went for this as it looks like the kind of sturdy thing you see workmen using.

It arrived broken. The reel is held on to the frame by a flimsy little push-fit plastic bung, and the first time I unwound the cable and wound it up again, the reel just came off the frame because this little bung made of brittle plastic was in bits. So back it goes for a refund.

Don't be fooled by its looks, it is no where near as robust as you might think. I assume it had had a wallop during packing or delivery, and the silly little plastic bung was no match for the weight of the reel - there is a lot of cable and it is quite heavy.
on 3 November 2011
I bought this electric cable reel (at my wife's insistence) to replace an old length of electric cable that I had been using for years and which was well beyond it's safety life.
I am very pleased with this product, it has 4 sockets for electric plugs and a built-in safety cut-out switch in case it overheats if you fail to unwind it fully.
It appears to be sturdy, well made and worth spending that bit extra for a quality product.
on 10 July 2016
I can't fault this really. I had an old extension lead that also coiled up for storage and it used to get stuck when both winding and unwinding - I can't see that happening with this. It unwinds particularly smoothly. A tiny bit fiddly to wind up again, but nothing much to worry about. Essentially it does the job you want it to with a minimum of fuss. Very happy with this.
on 5 May 2016
I tend to purchase not the cheapest or most expensive products, but those that lie in between - and are branded. Hence why I have chosen Masterplug. You can get similar items for a much cheaper price, but when it comes to electricity, i do not want to take any chances. Built sturdy and to date, I have had no issues. I am using this most weeks. Highly recommended.,
on 13 July 2013
The title sounds quite bad but it's not really that bad a reel. The best thing is it works maybe a bit flimsy but it doesn't cost the earth and as I say"it works"
Perfect, no thrills extension lead to run a socket to the drive when cleaning the car. Lovely thick high quality cable, and a nice feel when winding the cable back in.
No complaints - not much more than can be said for this product other than it does exactly what it says on the tin, and does it very well.
review image review image review image