Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

on 19 February 2011
The cable Apple supplies with the IPAD, although adequate for computer synching, is not really long enough for use conveniently as a power supply or for recharging.
I tried using a 2 metre USB extension but that did not always provide an adequate current.
This cable however works perfectly. Virtually no voltage drop at all
Ordered on Friday morning, got it next day.
Nice substantial thing too !

Well recommended for those of us that like to use the IPAD from bed

Update
After over two years of consistent use and frankly considerable abuse by me, the cable has developed a slightly reduced charging rate. Not surprising with my treatment of it. It's been stretched, bent and generally ill-treated.
I immediately ordered a replacement that came the next day ! It's not as flexible as the original - but is still well worthwhile .
Further Update
The current cables being supplied are not quite such quality as the originals, and need to be replaced about once a year . Still good value for money though
0Comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2011
Ordered friday afternoon and had received it by Saturday morning. Excellent delivery from providers and well packaged.

My partner has constant battles with iphone cables and wanting to use his phone whilst it is charging (as we all know the iphone battery live is shocking) so I had a look around and chose this cable for it's length. He has no complaints now...he can happily use his phone whilst it is charging without having to sit at an awkward angle.

When it arrived it was wound up and looked no where near the correct length but a quick unroll soon proved it was indeed 6ft! Absolutely fantastic... and does the job so far. Have had no problems and considering the official (short!) iphone cable is £15 this is a great price for the length.

If you are fed up of constantly struggling to get your cable to reach to charge your phone at a decent place, or to still use your phone while it is charging then I would recommend this cable
on 14 April 2011
The length of the cable is a godsend! This cable gives you the added length you've always wanted.
Good, solid quality and looks genuine!
*Note, the USB 2.0 end of the cable isn't actually orange as seen in the picture, it is just a cover, the cable looks like it is from apple!
on 5 December 2012
When it comes to cables we generally have to just cope with what god (the manufacturer) gave us.
But nowadays with a little artificial help you can get extra length at relatively little cost.

I am very happy with my upgrade and my girl friend loves it. She can wriggle around as much as she wants and it still stays plugged in and always charges up her device without fail.

We're both very satisfied customers.
Thanks.
on 22 April 2012
This product works well with my iPod and iPhone but doesn't deliver sufficient power to charge my iPad when I'm using it. The iPad mains adapter delivers 2.1 amps through the short (supplied) cable, but it seems this cable cannot deliver the same power.
on 16 April 2013
Nice quality cable indistinguishable from the genuine article, that orange bit in the picture is just a peel off sticker. Had mine many months and had no issues with charging/syncing, very handy length.
on 7 October 2011
I got this extra long charge cable for my iphone. The length is O.K. but the quality is rubbish. It broke on my first use. Very disappointed with this product. DO NOT waste your money.
DO NOT buy it!!!!
on 31 October 2011
Product arrived in very quick time, first charge went well charged to 100 percent 2nd charge when pulling out the ipod end came apart pushed it back together but wont do a full charge. very poor quality and not happy. Now i have just brought a 2m usb extension cord and just put in my original ipod lead in. Works perfectly.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2012
ordered two. Both broke within a week. They do how ever look identical to the official apple wires, I couldn't tell the difference apart from the length.
on 23 April 2013
Bought this cable so i didn't have to go to the over side of my room and stand next to the wall to charge it, it's still lasting now and i bought this in September!! Great value for money!