on 18 August 2016
Unbelievably good and excellent value. Does the job better than any Amp Sim could ever do. As far as I can tell its the real deal in terms of a Tubescreamer. maybe the real Ibanez is possibly more refined but you would be hard-pressed to hear much difference. Get that SRV vibe. I play mine into another piece of JOYO equipment the American Sound Pedal and the 2 together is the real deal. Not heard anything as good since SRV. I think it looks really cool as well. All for under £30. You can't go wrong!
on 20 December 2012
hi, i play a roland cube 40 xl, and not having a footswitch to jump from clean to drive, i felt i needed an OD pedal. xmas came early this year :)
usual story from now on , checking endless youtube videos , reading forums, this vs that, comparisons u name it...
story ends simple : ordered, arrived, box opened, battery inserted , works flawless.
how does it sound? i have a boss gt8. you cannot compare the overdrives from these two. this pedal just sounds right. its warm/analog,lush. no noise at all, using the battery it came with, not planning buying adaptor fot it, i like mobility/simplicity. i have a cheap strat type and a les paul, this pedal sounds red hot chilli peppers with the strat.
paintjob is awesome, pedal just looks pro. i will use it on gigs no prob with battery. sounds killer with my roland cube 40 xl - and it's a solid state digital amp. i had a boss sd1 a year ago(had 2 give back to me mate), it was allrite but something wasnt all right with the clipping it had. it sounded heavily compressed. not this one. this rocks. thank you joyo.

and yes, delivery was spot on, thing arrived 2 days earlier. good dealer! 100% recommended!!
on 19 August 2016
I've had a couple of hours with this and really like it. I suspect that I'll end up leaving this on permanently as it adds a nice boost and warmth to my sound with both single coil and humbuckers. This is a good quality device and even arrived with a battery ready to install. For the price this is a ridiculous bargain. I have been thinking about getting a tube screamer for a while but this will do nicely.
on 21 June 2016
very good. I have a few distortion type pedals. big muff, boss hm2 and metal zone. this one fills the gap nicely. for me it works best to dirty up the signal a bit before going into modulation pedals while still retaining a somewhat clean sound compared with my other distortion pedals that can have almost too much sustain in such a chain
on 30 April 2016
I've had this pedal for the best part of 5 years & it's superb. I bought it to add to my Marshall overdrive channel & to add a bit more gain for solo's. It's wonderful. The sustain is incredible. It also sounds ok on its own through a clean channel, especially for blues. I lent it to my son who also plays rock & I had to buy him one so I could have mine back! Don't let the price put you off either. The pedal is solidly made & provided you don't jump on the switch every time it will last for years & years like mine has. Why pay for a well known brand when this does exactly the same at a fraction of the price...you will not regret it...!
on 30 August 2015
Having been in a gigging band for the best part of ten years I've tried a few pedals to get the sound I want, finnaly I have it, this pedal is great cuts through well even though I use a vintage wah pedal (it's literally from the 70s) I love the vintage rock sound it works well in our band which is primarily soul Rock and grunge. I'd recommend this pedal to anyone who loves the tones of a Vox AC30 amp overdrive/distortion sound. And by far better than pedals costing three times this price.
on 16 January 2012
I've played the guitar on and off for some years now and when I found a renewed interest in it yet again I decided I needed a new overdrive pedal . I've had Boss pedals over the years and found them to be pretty good but I was looking for something a little less expensive in the run up to Christmas . I found the Joyo on Amazon and thought it was the right price so decided to chance my arm . To be honest I wasn't expecting too much as it is pretty cheap for an overdrive but I was pleasantly surprised to say the least . What a little gem this is , the tones you can get out of it are really good . From warm slightly overdriven to a real screamer . I got the AC DC sound I love out of it so as far as I was concerned that was it sold !! It is also a true bypass so that it doesn't suck all of your tone . This little pedal is perfect for beginners , those on a budget or just plain old bargain hunters !!! I'd have no problems gigging with it and for the price a great bit of kit . Oh yeah it arrived really quickly too .
on 5 January 2016
This is a fantastic pedal, a steal at the price, was a bit sceptical when I purchased it, but I was not disappointed, just the the sound I was looking for, and variable tones I could obtain, use this with my Les Paul, normal have Boss pedals, which are excellent, but would have paid four times as much , use this live I have had no problems with it , time will tell, metal case seems sturdy, if you are watching your money I tell you , you won't be disappointed with this vintage overdrive pedal , worth a lot more than its priced up as, give it a try , you will love it.
on 6 June 2016
I had a TS-808 re-issue which costs over quadruple this. It broke, so I decided to go looking for a cheaper replacement and refund the TS.

Not disappointed in the slightest. Get a fantastic sound with the tone up and distortion on 0 or 1. The clean sound is great and bright sounding.

The distortion cranked is great fun too but would have to say this is best used as a boost on your clean tone. You won't be let down. For the lrice I couldn't recommend this highly enough!
VINE VOICEon 6 December 2013
Look, you can buy a boutique overdrive pedal for a couple of hundred quid and get that sweet, sweet silky sound that just reeks of quality. Or you can buy this for a tenth of the price, and get a very pleasing, sonicly stylish sound that will be more than acceptable to most ears and better sounding IMHO than most of the stuff in the 50-100 range. Unmissable in any rig.

See one answered question