on 22 January 2015
I bought this for a friend's birthday as she is a big Rioja fan, particularly the Faustino brand but she'd never had this one before.

As a present, the bottle looks the part and certainly looks like you've made more effort than a standard glass bottle.

Taste wise it's a very good Rioja but I'd recommend it for people who like their wines rather than a casual drinker (get them something cheaper! Maybe a Faustino V)

Packaging and delivery were very good.

Very highly recommended product.
on 10 January 2014
This item is a perfect present idea. I never know what to get my grandparents and I know that they love this brand of wine. It goes down perfectly everytime. It is a very posh present. Hghly recommended to people who like red wine. (drink responsibly)
on 26 July 2014
I received the wine the day after ordering 4 bottles! they came in individually well protected boxes and the wine tasted beautiful! what more can I say! great service, I will be ordering more soon! Dave.
on 14 August 2014
This wine has got to be amongst the best from Spain yet is great value for money, it always hits the button. Smooth and rounded with a long long finish and will compliment any "big" flavoured food.
on 25 March 2014
An excellent drink for a very good price. I have had much more expensive which don't drink nearly as well. Very good.
on 9 May 2015
I have been a fan of this high quality Rioja for years. In 2013 the vintage 2001 Faustino 1 Gran Reserva won the prestigious Decanter Wine of the Year award with 19.25 points (out of 20) and there is no greater endorsement. The problems I've had is finding suppliers as its not always an easy wine to locate, but now I know its available from Amazon at a reasonable price I'm delighted. The facts, Faustino 1 Gran Reserva is aged in quality French and American oak barrels for over 26 months, then stored for a further three years before distribution. The taste is sweet vanilla and you can clearly taste the oak and cherries. A (very) full bodied outstanding wine, which is best drank with red meats such as nice juicy steaks, or roasts such as lamb or beef. Having said that on more than one occasion a couple of bottles have visited my table on Christmas Day and its always been a fine accompanient to the turkey. I'd agree with those who say its not an everyday drink without food wine and I would also reccomend the cheaper and lighter bodied Faustino V or Vll for that purpose, both available for under £10.
on 5 December 2015
One of the best wines you can get under £25. Maybe THE best. But £9.00 cheaper at Asda... where it's currently just £14. Now what a bargain that is!
on 17 July 2015
Cheaper in sainsburys - lol - but lovely bottle - thanks
on 21 September 2015
I really liked , I would try it again
on 3 August 2015
Excellent wine for the money.

See one answered question