TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 October 2011
We bought one of these for an extended long haul trip, as we wanted bags that would store flat once there rather than more hard cases. When you see what look like equivalent bags selling for 10 or 20 pounds, you do wonder if it is really worth paying a premium for bags like this.

Well, we haven't travelled yet, but having examined the bag, we are in no doubt that it will survive the ordeal. The material is thick and feels tough and has a rubbery kind of lining on the inside, the zips seem good quality, the extending handle feels substantial and does not give the impression it is going to snap off as soon as you touch it, and the bag is huge. It has a zipped compartment inside covering the bottom which will be good for keeping shoes away from clothes, and there is another smallish zipped pouch on the inside of one side. Wheels are large and smooth and not overtly flimsy, a common failing point on cheaper bags. There is nothing worse than having to haul a bag around that you were expecting to be able to wheel because it has succumbed to the mauling of the baggage handlers.

The quoted measurements were comically ridiculous when we were ordering (over 6 feet long???) - so for info, ours is approx.

85cm long, 39cm wide, and roughly 45cm deep,

although the depth is hard to measure unless the bag is stuffed. But it is cavernous.

Can't explain why, but there was a huge price difference on here between the black bag and the other colours - black being much cheaper. We chose the black, and we are very pleased with it.
on 15 December 2014
Its great quality and folds down so can be stored very easily, but when full its quite tricky to pull and stand upright. Depends what you want to use it for, but I traveled by train to visit family with my 4 month old son and it wasn't all that good for us across London public transport.
on 19 September 2013
Bought two of these bags together to get rid of the "traditional" hard shell suitcases that I used to use. These are much better. They are well balanced - so they do not topple over when using and they are cavernous - can fit a lot of luggage in them. The wheels are very quiet.
On the negative side - the inside is just one main compartment - and so need to pack things sensibly in here with the heavy stuff at the base (near the wheels) - because otherwise when lift it up - everything inside slides down to the wheels section.
Also - there should be more protection for the corners - airline people do have a nasty habit of "chucking" the bags from the plane...
on 28 April 2015
Bags of space - we even manged to fit a small child in it (just for fun). We used it to carry our snowboard boots, helmets and other snow sport stuff. It rolled easily and seemed sturdy. I agreed that we couldn't stand it packed on it's end - but we did not find this to be a problem.
on 18 March 2014
I bought this bag because I prefer duffle/holdall type bags to suitcases. I also needed a large bag to replace the (now obsolete) large Samsonite holdall which airport baggage handlers had ultimately destroyed after many trips. On the plus side, this bag is cavernous and well-made. On the negative side, and the "feature" which made me fall out of love with it, is the fact that it will not stand upright on its end, no matter how you pack it. When on its end, it needs propping up as It always wants to fall over away from the base. This also means that it makes it quite difficult to bring it back to the vertical to start wheeling it, particularly if it's quite heavy and you have other bags in tow. This might not be too much of a problem for travelling by air if you're only moving it short distances, but I have just been using it for rail travel, and it has been more than annoying having to battle with it every time I took it off a train, wanted to start wheeling it, cross roads, etc. I'm afraid my bag has made its last journey!
on 4 May 2015
I love these bags, great for when you have to relocate to another country. I own two of these, the outer material is pretty solid, the inner storage area can take more than any bag I've come across and over the past 8 years I've had no problems with the wheels.

If I ever had to buy another huge bag, I wouldn't buy anything else.
on 5 June 2014
All my friends love this bag when they see it, the main draw back is that it is very large (it can hold masses of things), but it is unwieldy and does not stand upright as shown in the picture. I should have bought the medium size which would take the equivalent contents of a large suitcase and looks smart. However, the design will never permit the bag to stand upright unsupported as in the picture.
on 11 February 2014
For some reason grey was half the price of other colours, but seems like a good bit of kit. Ordered a 2nd one.
on 10 January 2013
Light and lots of volume, we use it for ski gear. Wheels and handle strong, no issues. Recommended. X x x x
on 15 March 2013
Fantastic bag made even better given that I only paid just over £30 for it thanks to the Amazon Warehouse!
It's sturdy and light and in all honesty HUGE! My twin 4 year old sons can both sit in it together!
It is a single 'pocket' bag and it is a cavern in there. Unless you know for sure that you're going to need this much space, then I'd opt for the next size down.