Price:£41.08 - £80.45

on 2 January 2010
As my son's backpack was falling to pieces we urgently needed a good replacement. The chosen product arrived on time. It can be difficult to see a black product on screen but the backpack was as described, with greater room and more pockets than we had anticipated. The straps are especially wide and comfortable for carrying such a deep backpack - should be added to description. Practical, well made and reasonably priced.
on 15 June 2014
I literally can't find a fault in it.

Resistant to wear (as all Eastpaks I've had so far, because I still have all of them)
Waterproof (within reason, i.e.: 30min walks under medium to heavy rain).
Easy to clean (I can easily clean the outside with a wet towel - or wash it all by hand or machine if the inside is bad, too).
Perfect size (it has humongous amounts of space when extended and I can shrink it to near flatness if it's mostly empty).
Good organization (with all the little pockets in the front pocket and the lack of these in the other two pockets I can fit a mix of big and tiny things in the backpack without losing/damaging any).
Comfortable (because I can control how deep the pack is, the weight is always placed close to my back and things don't move around when walking or almost-running).
It also looks good.

There're plenty other good things I could say about it, but these are the main ones. I definitely recommend this to anyone.

[UPDATE: After a full year of heavy daily use (to carry a laptop, books, gym clothes, groceries, camping gear, travel supplies, basically everything) it still looks new, as in not-a-single-crease and just-out-of-the-box new. As someone who doesn't really care about where to put down my backpack (on the ground, hanging from a tree, basically anywhere), this is pretty amazing. Best durability of any backpack I ever owned.]
on 30 November 2011
I needed a medium sized backpack to protect my 15.4 inch laptop. But I also needed to have enough additional space so i could use it for short trips away. This bag suited my requirements perfectly. I am writing this review while on a short holiday and the Provider is living up to my expextations. I use it to carry my PC and charger, a couple of books, ipod, sweater and travel documents. And there's still plenty of room to spare. The construction seems very sturdy, especially the robust carry handle. Pleny of padding for the laptop. The simple, unfussy design is nice too. Can't fault it. Would buy again
on 4 January 2011
Good strong roomy backpack. Ideal for taking 15 inch laptop and other items for journey. Padded sides for laptop including edges.
on 4 December 2015
Good points
- strong and generally well made [but see below]
- good amount of storage, divided between multiple compartments
- comes with a 2 year gaurantee from Amazon [although not always mentioned, so may not always apply], and 30 year guarantee from Eastpak [although excludes some pretty important things like getting a hole in the fabric]
- good well padded lap top compartment
- comfortable to carry
- many stylish designs
- useful carrying handle

Minor bad points
- closures not well designed with zips frequently snagging on overlapping material
- shoulder strap tape far too long and irritatingly dangle down; either you have to find some way of tying them up [the supplied rubber bands soon get lost], or cut them off
- the utility of some of the internal pockets is compromised by difficult access, and unnecessary closures [some of these you can cut off]
- the material on the black one that I had faded and became slightly purplish within a year

Major bad points
- after just over a year one of the zips broke. Fortunately, being within the 2 year guarantee period Amazon gave me a full refund.
- interestingly, on the replacement bag that I subsequently bought the zips were different and seemingly more rugged, time will tell how long they last
on 28 January 2014
Chose this bag mainly due to its laptop compartment and large size overall. I have a 13 inch laptop which fits nicely into the laptop sleeve, although you can fit a 15 inch laptop in there.
Ive had the bag now for just over a year and it has been fantastic, its survived a lot of wear and tear and still looks brand new to this day. Was a little bit hesitant at first as the material looks quite fragile in the picture, but its not at all, its very tough and durable and wipes clean.
Even when filled with heavy books etc this bag is still comfortable for the shoulders and back as they are well padded.
on 2 December 2013
The bag appears to be well made and definitely worth the investment. It feels sturdy and has many compartments internally and externally. My only reason for not giving this a 5 star rating is because it's slightly smaller than I expected.
on 3 February 2012
Bought this for my son in secondary school a few months ago and it is bearing up very well to the amount of books he has to carry daily.Very pleased with the quality and the straps and padding on the back make it easier to carry.I bought it on sale so excellent value.
on 23 February 2016
Bought this bag a good few years ago and its still in almost as new condition. Sturdy and spacious as well as long lasting. Great product from Eastpak. Compartments for laptop and different sized sections for splitting up your luggage. Great day to day bag as well as perfect for weekend or short trips away.
on 24 January 2013
Firstly let me apologise to you as my review will begin 5 years ago, It was when I was in need of a new backpack. A friend had suggested a bag from Eastpak a brand i was unfamiliar with, but my friend was already using, so I handed over my hard earned money to the retailer in Covent Garden.

Unbeknownst to me, the 5 years would turn my bag from a bog standard carry all to a reliable companion, when as both lightly and fully loaded, it coped with the stresses, knocks and bashes of London public transport, on the bus, trains and tube. It went with me to places in Europe and the US being a trusted "friend" that carried whatever I needed without any fuss.

Its life was long and was worked hard, only to finally retire - RIP - December 2012....

So a new search for a worthy replacement began with haste and from extensive reviews, searches and opportune moments arising from the Yuletide period, I found this model of bag that looked similar to my departed friend and seemed to tick the right boxes and was discounted.

HOWEVER.... despite its arrival being prompt as per amazonian legend and collecting with excitement from the post office depot, I could only use the backpack from 14/01/2013 to 18/01/2013 as the right strap popped out of the seam from the bottom with a noticeable sound only to be attached by a thread.....

Shocked by this turn of events I have lost faith with a brand that brandishes quality and reliability, possibly to help justify its pricing, yet which cannot produce a bag that can barely hold up for a less than a week.

Be advised and maybe consider, that when buying a backpack bricks and mortar real world retailers should be your 1st place to visit then decide if online is necessary....goodbye eastpak it was a good five years...
55 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question