Price:£20.22 - £106.70

on 27 September 2008
I'm quite surprised no one has commented on this bag. If you're looking for a satchel hopefully this review will help. I've had quite a few satchels in my time (Jansport, Ted Baker, Nike, Diesel) and this is the best so far. Why? It has loads of storage space (which is extendable), it's sturdy and robust (I use it for carrying football kit, fishing stuff, camping, weekend trips, work stuff/laptop), it looks good, has a padded adjustable strap with sticky rubber side to prevent slippage. I've found that a few other satchels can break at the clip where strap meets bag when carrying a heavy load. Not so with this bag. It'll take a lot of abuse and keep on working. The only down side is that it's not waterproof, although not many of these satchels are (except North Face for one example). I've had mine over a year and it's still in very good condition. If you need a satchel for whatever reason, you'd do well to try this one.
33 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2010
This indeed is a sturdy bag BUT it's (for want of a better word) floppy!

I love it, I love the colour but I was expecting a bag that holds it's own shape, that's padded and still stands up when my laptop isn't in it. It's very well made but there's no protection from bangs and knocks.

I won't be sending it back and I will be using it, but the killer fact for me would be that if I'd seen it in a shop, I wouldn't have bought one
on 10 June 2011
This is my second eastpak delegate bag. The first one is in olive colour and this one is black. I think this is one of best all round shoulder bags available. The 30 year warranty ensures peace of mind. This is just right for everyday use. The expanding options helps when you need the extra space. It is waterproof and yeah I've had the experience of getting drenched in the rain while the contents of the bag were dry. Over all an excellent bag for every day use.
I got a good price on Amazon as I was not so keen on the color. The function seemed more important than paying more for the color. Interestingly you cannot buy an eastpak bags in the US. This bag coupled with a laptop cover (sheath) can be used as a laptop bag even for the ones that have 17" screens. And when you don't carry your laptop you don't have to deal with the padding that is usually present in the bags designed to carry laptops. And you can carry any laptop size you want. The strap is sturdy and comfortable and the bag is very easy to clean as well.

Its got very well designed pockets and fits as a cabin baggage on almost all airlines.

I give it 5 stars and I hope Eastpak continues to make this bag forever.
on 25 December 2009
This bag is a bit larger than I had realised - I should have paid more attention to the measurements. It's comfortably large enough to fit an A4 ring-binder inside. The bag has a large main compartment which contains a single narrow zipped pocket on the full length of the inside back wall. There's also a narrow pocket on the outside of the back wall; it runs the full length of the bag and has a single velcro fastener in the centre. The front wall of the bag has two narrow pockets on the outside, each half the length of the bag, suitable for a paperpack book or a DVD case. The top flap has a full length narrow zipped pocket on the outside. When you close the flap it covers the inside and the front pockets, but obviously not the back pockets.

The bag also has a zip that runs down the sides and around the bottom. You open this to let the bag expand to full size or close it to keep it neat.

As pointed out by another reviewer, the bag's main weakness is that all the pockets are very large - it really could do with some smaller pockets for arranging items like keys and pens.
on 3 June 2009
Recommended for school, general and work use. The bag is made of quality material and the workmanship is second to none. I've had an Eastpak rucksack for about 2 years now with no problems whatsoever, I decided to get one of these for work use and potential laptop computer use. I have to say I am very pleased, the bag is easily as well made as the rucksack.

The strap is adjustable on both sides (I've never come across a bag that does this before) so that the padded part of the strap can be moved to suit the user. There is a zip which can be used to expand storage space and plenty of pockets and space in general to store stuff.

If you're looking for a new bag and you're fed up of having to buy one every year due to the old one breaking, buy an Eastpak for the little extra. You won't regret it!
on 28 September 2009
I bought the bag for school - I teach so needed something practical, roomy and reasonably stylish, and this bag is all that and more. It is made of strong material, well made and has plenty of room and different compartments. It also has a zip to allow the main compartment to be enlarged - something I aim not to do unless absolutely necessary, but a very practical feature none the less.
I hope to have many years of use out of this bag.
on 16 February 2015
The bag itself is nice and simple. Quickly accessible pockets on front and back, with a large zipped main section, and two pockets enclosed by two clips. Combined with a laptop pouch, I was able to fit two laptops, two chargers, a 7" tablet, battery pack, phone, mifi, small umbrella, small precision screwdriver set, some assorted cables, pens, notepad, and a few other little bits with room left over.

The problem though is with the strap clips. Even with a light load, there was a constant annoying squeak from the strap clips. It's not something I was able to tune out, and was noticed by others in my company too. It got to the point where I moved back to my old bag despite its limited capacity, only using this when I really need to. It's a shame, because I like to bring a bag everywhere I go, with a number of items at hand.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to stop the squeaking without looking bad, I'd be very grateful, as it's the only downside of this bag, but alas, a big downside.
on 12 May 2010
I have always been a carrier bag traveller but was suffering problems on lurching buses holding on to the grabpole and the carrier bag and decided to try the messenger bag after seeing so many male commuters with them and have not been disappointed. This one is comfortable on the shoulder with its wide padded strap, keeps its shape, is robust, has all the compartments, zips and easy access pockets you could wish for, easy fastening catches for closing it up and it looks good. The coal colour looks stylish and masculine and is one of the colours on sale at half the usual price. The ordering was easy and delivery reasonably fast. Great product and value for money. If you're fed up with the carrier bag go for it!
on 4 August 2009
This bag is the kind that you can rely on to still be usable in years to come. It is very sturdy and has lots of pockets and storage compartments for school stuff or whatever else you choose. it is the right size for a laptop too.

The only thing that annoyed me was the lack of a very small zipped compartment, the right size for putting a key in. Something I like to have on a school bag.

Over all, a good buy and promptly delivered.
on 1 December 2015
Never let down by Eastpak products. This bag is great for daily use and also unzips to provide extra room for longer journeys. Made of an extremely durable material which can be put through a lot of stress with no marking. Like any Eastpak product it has 30 years guarantee so I have no worries if there were any problems.