on 4 May 2008
Whitney is fantastic on this album, this album also boasted some of her most famous hits to date, and got us all rushing down to the cinema to see `The Bodyguard' her vocals are top spec, who could ever forget one of most famous songs of her career, a mind-blowing rendition of 'I Will Always Love You', on this track every note is sung to perfection, then there's `I Have Nothing' which is also an extremely good ballad, `Queen Of The Night' Whitney herself co-wrote this song, it's upbeat and very good to sing along to, `Run To You' again another ballad with every note sung to perfection using some of the world's most famous pipes, same can be said for the second, and last upbeat song on Whitney's take on the album, `I'm Every Woman' I actually do prefer Whitney's version of the song to the original Chaka Khan version. Finally the last song on the album by Whitney, is an all gospel number called `Jesus Loves Me' which I actually don't really listen to that often, but would argue that it's still a great track. This album is legendary, I bet money you will still see it on sale in the shops in 20 years time.
"The Bodyguard" is a lovely film, and anyone who has seen and enjoyed it will surely love having this musical reminder of the wonderful songs contained in the film.

Sadly Whitney is no longer with us which is a great loss to lovers of her music. Her strong and powerful voice on this CD is a true pleasure and brings back happy memories of this timeless film.
on 8 March 2007
This was Whitney's first movie and she's actually quite good, but nothing is better than her voice. These songs are classic and forever will be remembered by fans and admirers. "I Will Always Love You" is a cover of the Dolly Parton hit from 1974 and 1982. One of the few covers that surpasses the original ! Classic song for Whitney right there, with beautiful vocals and an outpouring of emotion. "Run To You" is equally compelling, the emotional depth of Whitney's ballads is incredible. Same goes for "I Have Nothing", another classic. Some of Whitney's best songs came from this soundtrack. "Queen of the Night" is a fun, early 90's dance song. "I'm Every Woman" is Whitney's take of the Chaka Khan hit. "Jesus Loves Me" is an excellent gospel song, made for the soundtrack (it wasn't in the movie). Overall these are six classic songs by Whitney which makes this a must buy for fans or anyone who enjoyed the music of The Bodyguard.

Even the non Whitney tracks are brilliant such as the Kenny G numbers.

I actually used the track "I will always love you" in my wedding reception.
Whitney Houston has suddenly passed away at the tender age of 48. She has led a tumultuous life, with drug abuse, resulting in the ultimate sacrifice: the loss of her golden voice and her life. According to Tommy Mottola, the boss at Sony, he rightly said that Whitney Houston's voice at the beginning of her career was considered the golden standard, to be imitated by other singers that follow.

To truly appreciate the raw talent of Whitney, a greatest hits album is simply not enough. She has 19 charted albums on Billboard 200 Album Chart. The Bodyguard is the best selling album of Whitney Houston with 20 million sold, and it stayed at Number 1 at Billboard Top 200 Album Chart for 20 weeks. It also won the Grammy for Album Of The Year.

The best song from this album is of course the very beautiful I Will Always Love You. I will never get tired of listening to this song. Her rendition truly showed off her golden voice, with so many different levels of octaves that she could effortlessly soar up into the sky above. Simply magnificent and majestic!

The song listing is already listed in the website. So I am not going to repeat here. But there are actually two versions of this soundtrack: one the standard soundtrack with 12 songs, the one you are reading, and a second one, called Special Commemorative Edition, with 3 bonus tracks: Waiting For You by Kenny G, I'm Every Woman (Clivilles & Cole House Mix I) and Queen Of The Night (CJ's Master Mix), both by Whitney Houston, plus a special picture calendar for 1994, with 12 beautiful pictures of Whitney. This deluxe edition is a collector's item now, not readily available. But if you see it, get it.

The Bodyguard represents the pinnacle in Whitney's career, when her stars shine the brightest. Her voice cannot be matched anywhere at that time. She was simply unstoppable. This album is highly recommended and is a must-own as part of your Whitney Houston collection.

UPDATE:

One week after Whitney's passing, Whitney's Greatest Hits has re-entered the Billboard 200 Album Chart at #6, while her previous chart-topper I Will Always Love You re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 at #7! In The Catalog Album Chart, Whitney's Greatest Hits reigned supreme, re-entering at Number 1, while her first album, Whitney, re-entered at Number 5 and The Bodyguard Soundtrack at Number 7. Amazing feat!
on 21 December 2015
I was not expecting this cd to come quite so quickly but I am pleased to see it as the film was one of my favourites, it stars the late Witney Huston and Kevin Costner as her bodyguard. There is that well known song I will always love you and run to you by Witney Huston.
on 10 November 2015
Such a shame Whitney Houston is no longer with us as she was an absolute talent. Her voice was so powerful and clinical that any other diva on her day would struggle going up against Houston.
This soundtrack is brilliant. All the tracks are wonderful and bring back some great memories
on 26 August 2015
A love story we know well. There is gentleness, passion and a wonderful sense of allowing the person to find their own way but to love them regardless. Love is a powerful gift and worth guarding and holding close to you.
on 24 November 2014
Great CD Whitney's voice is like silk singing" I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU" with another 5 songs sung superbly. Buying from Brit-books for a used CD which was like new, was well worth it. Great value!! now my other half has to listen to me in the car trying to sing and hates it, i love it.
on 27 December 2006
Whitney Houston's best-selling status was re-affirmed with this soundtrack, as she became the 1st female artist in the history of music to receive the Diamond award from the RIAA, for 10 million U.S sales of The Bodyguard Soundtrack - just 1 year after it's release. As of November 1999, it's sold over 17 million copies in the U.S alone, and has sold in the region of 40 million copies world-wide to date. It's the best-selling soundtrack in the U.S and world-wide, as well as the best-selling album by a female artist (world-wide). Although Shania Twain's Come On Over has sold more in the U.S, some 20 million copies, it's world-wide sales are less than the Bodyguard's.
on 13 May 2005
I really enjoyed listning to this CD. She has a great voice.. I totally recommend it for romantic people :)