Size: UK 6-11, EUR 39-45|Colour: Assorted|Change
Price:£7.57+ Free shipping

on 19 December 2013
Was looking for some nice warm socks for winter , and thought if theyre good for skiing they must be warm. How right i was.Only grumble is theyre a bit tight round the top , but that might just be my wee fat legs. I have taken to wearing them folded down with the top round the ankle...doubly warm :) I gave a pair to my son ,who works as a scaffolder , who equally loves them.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 9 January 2014
Ok, these are amazing socks. I used them for both skiing and casual use and I found them unbelievably comfortable. They are really thick and go up to the knee. They don't seem to deteriorate too much after wash but still, they will lose some of the perfect shape they initially have.
I recommend them to anyone who wants a nice warm pair of socks during those cold days.
I got them for £13.5 so is great to see that the price has gone down :)

If you didn't find my review sufficiently clear and informative or if you have any questions about the item, please comment on this review and I'll make sure I answer all your questions. Thank you very much :)

Kind Regards
on 20 January 2016
As the other reviews have stated, there is no extra padding on the coloured patches of the sock. That said it is still padded enough and warm enough. My trip to Whistler had temps in the low -15 degrees. Granted i doubled up the socks with a shorter pair for a more snug fit in my snowboard boots - so my opinion is rather moot - but i did not once feel like my feet were cold.

Quality of the item itself is not that great though. Not sure it will survive too many trips before it unravels itself.
on 18 October 2013
Ok so when I ordered these socks, because of the low price , I had my doubts about quality and cushioning abilities, warmth , etc.... They ended up being better than expected. They really go up to your knee, and they don't feel overly restrictive at all. The added cushioning in heel and balls of your feet are great. The warmth factor still is in testing stage, but they feel great on. With 4 pairs I will probably give one pair to my brother- in-law, which is an added benefit to this purchase. I would recommend to others.
on 11 June 2016
Had two lot of these now. First set were superb, second set to arrive were not the same as the first. A different brand I think and they are just inferior quality. One pair has been worn twice and the heal is giving way, where as the pairs from first set have been worn much more and still in great condition.

So the product is a little pot luck really.
on 19 November 2014
I really like these sock, cool colours, (I'm not a skier) but there alright. In the pic the socks seem to cover the calf and hit the knee. Now I'm tall 6'3 big leggy. So not fall over astounded when, they weren't quite long enough. Just means I wear them sorta crumpled at a bottom, which is cool enough. Nice and warm for cold Scottish summers and freezing winters. 4 outa 5.
on 5 September 2014
I was looking for long socks that were fairly snug-fitting. These fit very well even though I am at the top-end of the size range, being size 11. I am extremely pleased with them. The acid test, however, is when they have been washed and dried several times. Will they still fit as well? If I'm able, I'll let you know.
on 3 February 2012
Cannot comment on quality for purpose, but these socks are real value, well made. Double layed at front - not providing the protection of true padding. Robust? Look it time will tell.

A rule I have with such socks is the greater the size range quoted the less protection given since the sock is able to stretch over many sizes.

I gave these socks for an elderly person who has to be lifted via a lifting machine that "locks" firm against his forelegs.

The socks are just perfect for such, too much padding and there is movement, too little and the grips bruise. These are just perfect, so I have ordered more. Yes they may get worn fast as they are being used, but worth every penny to see someone pain free.
on 3 August 2015
4 pairs of socks for under £12 delivered is decent. Good thickness, hug the lower leg without being too tight. The material in the upper ankle and leg portion is slightly thicker than the foot, which is nice. They'd be good for many activities.
With my Size 11 feet they're still not tight, something to bear in mind if you're Size 7 or something. They may be too accommodating.
Not sure about the advertised "padded shin bone protection" though - they're just thick socks.
on 12 October 2014
Not tried them on the slopes yet but my husband said they are very comfortable, warm and the elastic stays in place without digging in his legs so they don't fall down. They have washed well. Great socks and cheaper then branded names but just as good if not better than some. Very happy and ordered more.