Style Name: Serum|Change

on 5 December 2013
I've been a big fan of Olay products and this one is no exception. The good: This serum really does plump up your skin so that it looks firmer, more hydrated and it plumps up the fine lines and wrinkles so they aren't noticeable. Made a clear difference in my face when I use it and is the best product I've found that does the job. The ok: The effects are temporary. Once the serum wears off, your lines and wrinkles reappear, so I think it works solely to temporarily plump up your skin with hydration. No long term change in your skin. But while it lasts, you look amazing. The bad: This is only my particular preference, other people may not find this to be bad, but the product is 100% chemicals. As much as I really like this product, I like to know what I am putting on my skin, and know that the ingredients aren't harmful.

I can't give this up though, because I really like the effects, so I searched around for skin products that had natural ingredients that actually work that I could use with the Olay. Found it. Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz. I started using both products, the serum in the morning and night and the Bel Essence at night. Because the Bel Essence is oil based and all-natural, it takes a few minutes to be absorbed (tip - use it right after you shower, absorbs quicker on warm skin). The results? After a couple of months of both, my skin stays hydrated all day (even in cold weather). Fine lines around my eyes and lips - GONE. And even the deep line in my forehead is almost gone, and the slight line that is left is easily covered with makeup. And the change is permanent - the lines don't come back after a few hours. I never had this happen with a natural product, so I'm really happy. The Olay serum is the best I have found for plumping up the skin - it really does the job, so my skin looks fresher and younger when I use it and fine lines disappear for awhile. I also do not have any reaction to it, other products like this can sometimes irritate the skin, so a big thumbs up for that. I think the Bel Essence works well to hold the moisture in the skin, so it keeps the Olay working longer and the Olay effects last longer, which is great. The combination of the two really changed my skin for the better, and I have people telling me I look brighter, less tired, and my son says "my face looks happier." I'll take it!
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2010
I love the Olay Regenerist line of products and this serum is no exception. It leaves your skin silky smooth and hydrated, even in the extreme cold. It does work well at reducing the appearance of fine lines all over your face, neck, and decolletage! This is one product I will be loyal to!
on 21 April 2016
I'm 35 year old male and have tried plenty of skincare products, I'm never influenced by whether it's "for men" or "for women". Online there is plenty of raving reviews on this serum so I thought I would give it a try. It's always hard to really pinpoint which product is showing positive results as I believe diet and drinking plenty of water is more beneficial. I've never purchased this product from a reliable store such as 'Boots' so I could compare if this one seems genuine or not. The biggest doubt I have is that the Olay writing is flaking off the bottle, I would be shocked if a company as big as Olay would have this design flaw.

I will not re purchase this item, I've fairly confident that it is a fake.
review image
on 15 February 2011
This is a really good skin serum. Only 2 pumps required & you can really feel the difference. My skin feels smoother and firmer, particularly around the jaw line, & the fine lines around my eyes have improved. My skin is quite sensitive so I was a little worried it might cause redness or irritation but I have not experienced anything like that. I will be buying this serum again & again.
on 22 May 2011
It was received in the post very quickly and at a far better price than one would get it at the shops. I would definitely buy it again. I have been using it for about 6 weeks. I am in my 40's and am after something that reduces wrinkles and sagging skin. It appears to plumpen the skin but not reduce wrinkles really.

Best used around the eyes!!!! I had not realised how much my eyes had changed with time, they just weren't as nice as before. I woke up one morning (having used the serum the night before) to put my make up on and I found that shape of my eyes were like they were when I was 30. I was amazed.

I dot the serum under my eyes and over the lids and gently pat it in, it does not sting, nor does it make my eyes water. I can also put other creams over the top. It does not flake off either.
After using Boots Protect and Perfect Intense serum for a year, I decided to give this one Olay Regenerist Daily 3 Point Treatment Super Serum 50 ml a try. And I'm so glad I did because not only does it make my skin feel nice but I'm sure the jowls on my jawline are less pronounced since using it too! They were so bad (I'm 62) that six months ago I bought a Sleek Cheeks type device to try and tighten them up - but I still haven't got round to even trying it! LOL. But after using this serum for a month, I am convinced that it firms my skin better than my previous serum did and that it has made my jowls appear smaller and less noticeable! So I will definitely be buying this one in future!

PS. I do still like to use a moisturiser after applying the serum because I don't find that any serum moisturises quite as much as a classic moisturiser - but that might just be me?
on 2 January 2015
I've never used a serum before in my skincare routine. I recently bought the Rio Exfoliator and began a proper routine. This serum should be applied twice a day, always before other face products as it is the thinnest liquid of the bunch. Two small pumps of this and it covers my entire face with ease. I've never bought a product that feels so so silky on my skin. It glides onto my face, spreads evenly and covers everywhere it should. My skin feels so smooth after applying this product and it dries very quickly. Not only does my skin feel silky smooth, it tightens my face slightly, minimises my pores and makes me feel fresh. After using this in combination with the Olay Regenerist Night Elixir for about 4-5 days, my skin feels and looks excellent, my pores are reduced greatly and I have minimal fine lines. Cheapest place to get this is Amazon at time of looking, fast delivery and lasts ages. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
on 1 April 2015
I have been using this for a few weeks now.

I had been looking for something to tone my neck and also around my jaw line. This product has definitely made a huge difference and these areas are now much firmer. I am very happy with this and would recommend it.
on 31 July 2013
I use this morning and night and feel it has helped to balance out imperfections and blotchiness in my skin. A little goes a long way and it smells lovely and feels nice to put on. I use it in addition to my regular moisturiser
on 22 August 2011
Asked my sons to buy this for me for Mothers Day as it was so expensive in the shops so was very pleased when I got my second one so cheap on Amazon.
I've been using it for about 5 months now and love it. I'm 52 have good skin and have used moisturiser all my life since I was 14yrs, on my mothers advice as I had ginger hair and very pale dry skin then! In recent years the skin around my eyes had become wrinkled and puffy which I found difficult to deal with as my eyes have always been my best feature. This has definitely rejuvenated the skin around my eyes and wrinkles are definitely improved and I do not use any HRT despite being at the tail end of the menopause.
I would suggest for those who have not seen any improvement to be patient, you need months not days for change and you must be religious in your skin cleansing and moisturising routine. Also keep that face out of the sun, my daily moisturiser has an SPF of 25.Olay Regenerist Daily 3 Point Treatment Super Serum 50 ml