Flavour: Cookies and Cream|Change

on 3 August 2013
Overall I would seriously rate this product, compared to other brands in this size the pricing is very reasonable, having been through many alternatives I definitely feel like I will be sticking with this for a while.

In terms of taste it can be very sweet and I have used the suggestion another review made about adding olive oil and oats to take some of that away, works well. I know some people find these shakes very rich but I have to say it's not unique to this brand because I have had much worse you just get used to it really.

On the subject of bloating; if you experience any bloating then why are you continuing to consume the full 4 scoops, to put it this way it is over 1000 calories which comparatively is an average fish and chips dinner, now imagine consuming that as a blended liquid of course it will bloat you, the reason you don't bloat on a dinner is because you eat slower. So do the same with your shake if you cannot handle it in one bash just take it easy or spread the 'dosage' out over the day.

Results: I would also have to say this is why I have stuck with this brand and have now had this for several months. I'm making some great Gains and am up to near 15st (95kg) from roughly 13St (83kg), I have a pretty balanced well rounded diet with those occasional cheat days.

Overall no matter what type of gainer you take if you want to look like a beast then act like it in the gym and make sure you eat like one (in a sensible healthy way). Ultimately this should only supplement a bulk not be the core of your calorie intake!

Hope you find this helpfull
on 3 April 2013
Great taste and effects. I did put up 2 kg in 2 weeks. In the morning I drink with a water in evening with milk. Recommend for skinny people who try to put some weight up!
on 20 May 2014
Delivery was brilliant, price is right, overall a great service from amazon as always. The shake it's self I'm on my second bag and I'm seeing that it's a great way to assist your bulking diet, obviously you still need 5-6 meals a day, never rely souly in a shake and complain when you don't look like arnie.
on 11 April 2015
A friend tipped me off about this so thought I'd give it a try. I don't tend to stick to any one particular product and look for offers and what results I'm looking for at the time. I was surprised by the sheer volume of powder you get for your money so thought it wouldn't harm to give this a go at that price and I can honestly say I have been very impressed with it in every way. It tastes great. It mixes better than any other powder I've had before and after a few weeks I'm starting to see impressive results too. Therefore it is a bargain too. Highly recommended.
on 21 April 2016
I brought this mass gainer predominantly for the size of the bag and the price.

I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture considering some of the proteins I've had before. Cookies and cream was great for me, although I can imagine it being a bit sweet for some people. Mixed perfectly using just a shaker which is great when you don't have access to a blender.

Mass gaining aspect wasn't up there with Serious Mass by ON but considering you get more for a similar price it can't be knocked. No ill effects of gas or bloating which is a bonus. Highly recommended.

The velcro opening at the top is a bit of a novelty but seems to do the job well enough, t hen again sitting in the cupboard it doesn't need to be all that good at keeping itself closed!
on 26 January 2015
Very nice product for someone who wants to gain weight. Many ask if it builds muscle or something like that which is not actually how any food necessarily works. If you eat more calories than you burn only then can you gain weight, if its muscle or fat depends on how much more you eat and if you train your muscles. For me this product is a shortcut as otherwise I would need to be eating something all the time. Strawberry and banana is okay, but I think chocolate tastes better, others I have not tasted.

Generally I think in field of sports nutritions the marketing is very aggressive and thus often misleading. I don't think this product gives you anything that normal food can't, but it's just so convenient to drink it after a workout and not having to spend next moments thinking and preparing food.
on 5 July 2014
Great for putting on size and tastes amazing. Don't be surprised if you put on a little body fat as well though. 1000cals a shake is a large boost to any daily intake.
on 5 February 2014
This is great have used it many times
It arrived very quick
I'm going back to this stuff
I thought I had flat lined in training and on this stuff but I had a few months no suppliments and had 6 months using usn pro bolic or the likes
And I had been loosing mass not through effort in the gym
I'm back
Had made some made gains in previous years using this
So having tried dozens of products I'm back to this
Will be using in cycles
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2016
I've had the cookies and cream and the vanilla ice cream and they both taste amazing. I only ever mix them with milk and they are so thick and nice.
They take a lot of shaking but that's expected since you use a lot at once.
Personally I use 3 scoops a day but it depends on how many extra calories you need.
A brilliant price for such a massive amount. Don't think many other brands give as good value for money.
I probably gain around 1 or 2 pounds a week using this so it's quite lean weight gain not like a gaining a stone in a week which would be all fat.

Only thing I'd be careful with is having too much sugar in your diet. Mutant mass has a almost 10g of sugar per scoop, so just be careful.

Overall a brilliant product I'm sure I'll order a lot of. Since this is my 4th bag already I know it's a perfect product for me.
on 31 March 2016
Can be very heavy on the stomach although a couple weeks into usage you could get used to that, and be able to fit in 2 a day. If you use this religiously you will make gains albeit not in the cleanest way. The main downside is that this played havoc with my stomach, made me very gassy along with loose stools.

If you're looking for a very quick bulk then go for it but be prepared to put up with the digestive issues.