Having completed the Sea King model to my own satisfaction, I am quite pleased with my very first attempt at model construction and would recommend the hobby to others who might like to have a go. Before starting, I noticed that one or two parts were missing, but, as they were not of major importance, I decided to carry on with the materials to hand. I purchased an additional modelling kit comprising tweezers, a sharp knife, a file and pincers and these proved very helpful in completing the task. I also bought additional cement with a fine needle supplier which proved invaluable. While some parts were missing, I also found that several parts were duplicated while other additional bits were not referred to anywhere on the instruction sheet that came with the kit. Overall, the instructions were rather vague and left much to your own imagination. For all that, the finished item came together quite neatly and, after a little painting and the application of some of the included transfers, is now dangling from my study ceiling really looking the part.

With hindsight, I'm not certain that a helicopter is the best choice for a first go at model kit assembly. The experience was great fun, however, and I learned much during the construction

Update: April 2016. My Sea King Still dangles above my head in my study as I write this. It still satisfies immensely that it was my first model build. I have to admit a strong feeling for it. So much so, that my car Reggie Number reflects my great affection for it. It suggests that I am still seeking youth and that I seek rescue from old age! I have no intention of giving out my car number plate! You will have to use your imagination. That's why I also bought a Honda scooter some three years ago! Suffering from second childhood depression!
on 7 February 2012
The so-called diorama feature of this kit is a single piece of card, with a nice title block, a potted history, and a snowfiled to sit the model on.

Unfortunately, whilst the new HAR 5 (and AEW 2) parts are all nicely moulded, the basic tool is one I first built back in about 1970, as the USN machine which did the Apollo 11 capsule recovery. This shows in some of the mouldings, like the "Airfix rivetter" fuselage detail outside, the moulding pin divots inside, the "bottle glass" cabin windows and the bare cabin floor. I knew about these in advance though, and just really wanted to model an RN SAR bird.
on 10 April 2013
Bought this model for cadets to build as part of a yearly competition. We came second place over all, and are hoping to come first this year.
Parts fit together perfectly and paint adheres nicely.
Would definitely recommend A+++++++++
on 16 February 2013
Was looking for the SAR version, not being available at the time,took the next best version.
now that it is completed it looks good. will complete the diorama of a sea rescue.
Happy with it now.looks great.
on 10 May 2013
Quite a nice once it's made up. There are parts to make different marks of the aircraft, but the instructions don't clearly indicate which parts should be used for any particular one.
on 14 January 2014
Loved the christmas present, The recipient was a great fan and really liked it very much
quick service well packaged
on 9 November 2014
i still liked it not a great favourite
on 17 July 2014
Great item. Good value for money.
on 5 December 2015
Good quality kit, good detail.
on 22 October 2014