on 4 January 2013
I brought this for my great niece who only had a small practice amp. Vox has always been a reliable name in amplifiers but I haven't used one in over 30 years so I was a bit unsure if this would do the job. I'm always a bit suspicious of items that throw in hundreds of additional things, like all the per programmed sounds, but in this case they are really good. And my niece is over the moon.
And thanks to the supplier who agreed to exchange the amp if she didn't like it.
That's what I call service
on 13 January 2012
This amp is the business. I've been playing the guitar for 30 years and I always thought my
electric playing was much weaker than my acoustic playing, but what a difference a decent amplifier makes.
So versatile, so many features. I have only had it for two days and it's using up all my spare time.
People say it's not the best for metal but you can get some really decent distortion out of it.
My current thing is messing around with jazz funky styles and you can have have some serious fun
with the wah wah effects.

I can't believe how much music technology has moved on in the last 10 years.
I seldom write reviews but this amp is a serious piece of kit.
I can't recommend it highly enough.

M.M.
on 19 November 2011
Most of my guitar work is done in the home studio and I have several nice little valve amps. This beauty by vox is the amp I turn to time and time again if I,m searching for a specific tone and it keeps coming up with almost any sound I want. It will not do cleans as sweet as my fender blues jnr and maybe it doesnt have the harmonics of my blackstar ht5 on the filthy channel but it offers far more than the others in terms of the sheer versatility it offers. The presets are a mixed bag but are easy to use as a starting point for the tone you are seeking. The tone controls are superb and offer a really wide range of adjustment. The effects are laid out well, are of decent quality, and offer a massive palette of colours to your tone. The thing I love most about this amp is it sounds so good at low volume which is extremely difficult to achieve with most valve amps-those valves like to be cooking to get the best out of them-I know this amp is a hybrid but it just sounds like a full valve amp really rocking at volumes which wont upset someone in the lounge never mind next door. It has a gain control, volume control, master volume control and of course the attenuator which dials down the output wattage so you keep the great sounds at friendly volume levels. The vt20+ has enough power to rehearse as long as your drummer is not a lunatic which unfortunately is rare amongst drummers. I have used this amp for the odd small pub gig but it does not do as good a job here as the blues jnr-the blues jnr is almost 4 times the price though. For anything bigger than a small pub this amp would not be suitable and I would opt for one of its bigger brothers-the 80 or 100 watt version. I have been playing guitar for almost 40 years and this amp is honestly one of the best bargains I have ever had. If anything happened to it I would get another straight away.
on 19 August 2012
Very pleased with this little amp ,some of the effects are not that goodbut i tend to play clean with just a little reverb and tape echo . great fun playing about with the effects and the amp models are very ,very good.The only , slight ,downside ,hence 4 stars ,is white noise ,but not really a big problem ,at least not for me .For 130 quid this is a brill little amp .
on 19 April 2017
Superb valve tone, delivers that true British amp sound for rock, metal and clean etc...
First class quality as would be expected from a premium British brand.
Almost no need for any pedals now I've got an amp with supplies every feature one could require.
It's up their with the best from Marshall, Orange and Blackstar...
on 12 November 2011
A great upgrade for those of us who've outgrown our first Noddy practice amps.
If you're an intermediate player who managed to stick with the guitar long enough
to get bored with the limitations of your first amp, then
you could do a lot worse than this Vox VT20+.

It pretty well has it all in terms of the effects you're likely to need and is
powerful enough to get you heard at small gigs if you fancy having a go at that.

Some of the settings are frankly a bit obscure and some combinations sound so wierd
they will probably make you feel downright ill, but the various metal and blues
options will make you sound like whoever you want to be from Buddy Guy to Stevie Ray Vaughan,
and from Sabbath to W.A.S.P.

It certainly keeps the neighbours honest.
on 31 July 2011
A GREAT AMP EVEN MAKES MY CHEAP 1st GUITAR SOUND GOOD & MY SHERIDAN A200 GREAT.SUPPERB SERVICE,DELIVERED IN 2 DAYS.THANKS TO The Music Trading Company AND AMAZONVox VT20+ Valvetronix+ Modelling Guitar Combo Amplifier
on 13 June 2013
Ok I really wanted a modern amp for practice at home, nothing too big that would annoy the wife ;) Most of all I wanted something as close to a Valve amp as possible. This Vox comes with a Valve for power output or some-such thing. I was really dubious as to whether it could deliver tone similar to a Valve amp at all.

I didn't get the chance to try it out at a shop - not many shops around these days are there? So all I could do is go on the reviews and youtube. Compared to a lot of amps in this price range this has a heck of a lot of good feedback, so this was promising.

Well should I have been worried? Not a change, this amp has such an amazing tone, valve tone in fact - which is comparable to my all valve 20Watt amp, smoother in some ways. Everything about is just so spot on, I really don't want to list everything as there is just too much in one box to mention. If I'd have had one of these when I first started playing, some 20+ years ago I'd probably have fainted at the sight and sound of it!

I'm more into 70's rock and blues, the cleaner end is great, I mean really great ;) Shimmering smooth and jangly without the clippyness of a typical transistor amp. The rockier end is brilliant too and good to go from Sabbath to Slash, to Slayer. The effects are a real bonus too, and are the best I've heard on any amp.

One thing to mention is that the amp looks really classic, it sits so nicely at home in the sitting room - chicken head knobs and all black leathery finish, so much sleeker than a a Marshall or maybe even a Fender - and especially without the price tag!

Oh yeah, one other thing, it's pretty darn loud too! Satisfaction guaranteed :D
on 13 January 2016
Amazing piece of kit. Loud enough for the home as well as the practice room. Amazing effects so no need for additional pedals plus the fact that you can add to those effects electronically through the app.
on 13 September 2013
LOVE IT .IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.SOME OF THE AMP EFFECTS ARE EVEN BETTER THAN I EXPECTED

See one answered question